• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are the chances that the Coronavirus causes episodes to be delayed or canceled?

I think we cant blame any series to take a break or not a company. I know it sucks, but that is life. Threads like these (and no offense to the creator of this thread) are about that we cant watch pokémon. That is it. We cant change the facts or hope that it will air sooner. We dont have a crystal ball to see in the future. We have to have some patience.

I think we cant blame any series to take a break or not a company. I know it sucks, but that is life. Threads like these (and no offense to the creator of this thread) are about that we cant watch pokémon. That is it. We cant change the facts or hope that it will air sooner. We dont have a crystal ball to see in the future. We have to have some patience.

Oh, I'm not blaming Yokai Watch or anything. I just find it weird that OLM Studio doesn't seem to be having trouble with Yokai Watch's production at all, when almost half of their currently airing anime is still on hiatus.

Oh, I'm not blaming Yokai Watch or anything. I just find it weird that OLM Studio doesn't seem to be having trouble with Yokai Watch's production at all, when almost half of their currently airing anime is still on hiatus.

How far ahead is Yokai Watch's production compared to Pokemon? And also TV Tokyo perhaps is wanting to keep some new episodes ready to be aired later on while still at least keeping a few shows going during the pandemic?

Yo-kai Watch CEO has clearly confirmed that they are using Teleconference to Record Episodes ever since late-April, it would be really nice if we could get anything about the Production for Pokemon but they've been so secretive for no reason ever since this hiatus has started. It's weird OLM is having so many Terrible Production Issues with PM even though they even have a studio dedicated to it in Malaysia. Yo-kai Watch is barely low priority and the Animation is still so smooth.

I would hope that they're working on incorporating safety measures so that voice actors can record safely. My Hero Academia's fifth season is just about to start its voice recording based on an update from Funimation and they are doing just that. I assume more studios are going to go for similar methods since it's probably going to be awhile before they can record like they used to. I just hope that the safety measures keep everyone safe and allow for production on anime like Pokemon to resume.

Do OLM and TVTokyo just give that much more priority to Yokai Watch as a franchise?

No, it probably has more to do with how the two shows are recorded at two completely different recording studios; Pocket Monsters (2019) at Half H・P Studio, Yokai Watch Jam at L Studio. I'm betting it just boils down to one studio remaining open while the other's decided to close.

Yo-kai Watch CEO has clearly confirmed that they are using Teleconference to Record Episodes ever since late-April, it would be really nice if we could get anything about the Production for Pokemon but they've been so secretive for no reason ever since this hiatus has started. It's weird OLM is having so many Terrible Production Issues with PM even though they even have a studio dedicated to it in Malaysia. Yo-kai Watch is barely low priority and the Animation is still so smooth.
No, it probably has more to do with how the two shows are recorded at two completely different recording studios; Pocket Monsters (2019) at Half H・P Studio, Yokai Watch Jam at L Studio. I'm betting it just boils down to one studio remaining open while the other's decided to close.

That's pretty interesting, I never knew that Yokai Watch and Pokemon used different recording studios. So I guess L Studio is using newer technology to comply with pandemic measures, hopefully Half H・P Studio can follow suit then.

If Yokai Watch Jam can continue airing, that probably means OLM Studio can produce anime in a timely manner even with their staff working from home.

I hate to bump this depressing topic, but I am legitimately worried that because this stupid virus seems to be getting worse, we might experience another delay in the near future. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but I am worried. I hope everyone in Japan is staying safe.

I hate to bump this depressing topic, but I am legitimately worried that because this stupid virus seems to be getting worse, we might experience another delay in the near future. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but I am worried. I hope everyone in Japan is staying safe.

I think most countries are generally doing much better with the virus than the US and UK, but – you’re right – we can’t rule out that it may still affect things.

Honestly I think it's just a matter of time.
2nd year of pandemics always hit harder and let the borders be opened and we have the biggest wave yet. People are stupid and a mask, that reduces the risk to up to 70% according to some studies, seems a very hard thing to put on their faces...
Here with DisneyLand, I was hoping people would chill and avoid the park. However, the hotel is already packed and they're talking about hitting the daily quota of 25k a day fairly easily.
That scares me

I would not be even the tiniest bit surprised if the TV series has to end up going on another hiatus sometime this year, especially with the way the Japanese media's been panicking today about the recent spikes in the number of daily infections here in Tokyo.

Movie 23 might end up coming out in 2021.

Last edited:
I would not be even the tiniest bit surprised if the TV series has to end up going on another hiatus sometime this year, especially with the way the Japanese media's been panicking today about the recent spikes in the number of daily infections here in Tokyo.

Movie 23 might end up coming out in 2021.
I really think Movie 23 will be delayed to the next year. Even if an anime production don't stop, they cannot group people in a cinema.

About the TV anime, it is difficult to know. Japanese media has been panicking for weeks about spikes, but it does not seem that Japanese government has plans to declare another state of emergency.

Ok I have to be honest but it really bothers me when people worry more about a possible hiatus than they do about the damage that the virus has caused and will probably continue to cause in the next few months. A lot of fans in general have been very selfish about this whole COVID thing and how it's affected the show in the past 3 months and I really think people need to humble themselves to what's happening instead of being so quick to criticize the hiatuses.

It's early to worry about that. Death rates are still close to zero and most of new cases are related to nightlife district.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom