• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Are The New Titles Gonna Be?

NeoKING

空前絶後
Reaction score
If Red's the "Fighter," Blue the "Evolver," Green the "Trainer," Yellow the "Healer," Gold the "Breeder," Silver the "Exchanger," Crystal the "Capturer," Ruby the "Coordinator," and Sapphire and Emerald being "Fighters" just like Red, what are Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum gonna be called? They seem to do everything that the previous Dex Holders have been doing, and in Platinum's case she does it even better than her predecessors. They gave her Gym Battles more in-line with those of the actual games, something they didn't even do for Sapphire who was all about Gym Battles.

The sinnoh team and the Hoenn team (I think) don't have titles either, so I doubt we're going to get titles now.

The sinnoh team and the Hoenn team (I think) don't have titles either, so I doubt we're going to get titles now.

Yeah, unless the HeartGold & SoulSilver arc unites all the 'Dex Holders and Oak decides then to give them their titles. It's not going to happen.

I'd give them:

Dia - The 'Becalmer' (He is usually the on to calm down Pearl, although he is the reason he's hyper in the first place)
Pearl - The 'Assesor' (Since he can tell what move a Pokemon is going to use)
Platinum - The 'Challenger' (Since she will take on any challenge given to her, although its mainly to uphold her family name)

But it was obvious what roles the Hoenn Dex Holders had; Ruby was the Coordinator, Sapphire was the Gym Battler, and Emerald was the Frontier Challenger. But Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum? Dia and Pearl seem to be the Double Act Comedians while Platinum seems to be every Hoenn Dex Holders' role at once.

challenging stuff doesnt mean anything

red is the battler cause he has exceptional skills in battling

green is the trainer because of his great training abilities (see rhydon)

blue is the evolver because she knows when a pokemon will evolve (see FRLG arc)

yellow is the healer because of her special abilities

gold is the hatcher due to his connection to pokemon and his ability to pass on his emotions to the eggs he had

silver is the trader because he knows who evolves by trading and knows the best stituation to trade in

crystal is the catcher because....well I dont need to explain it

if anything only sapphire should have a title red called her a "wild child girl" in the emeral arc so I'd call her the wild child

ruby and emerald may have skills but they seem too similar to red and yellow

dia is connected to mesprit pearl to azelf and platinum to uxie

but that means nothing about their skills too

challenging stuff doesnt mean anything

red is the battler cause he has exceptional skills in battling

green is the trainer because of his great training abilities (see rhydon)

blue is the evolver because she knows when a pokemon will evolve (see FRLG arc)

yellow is the healer because of her special abilities

gold is the hatcher due to his connection to pokemon and his ability to pass on his emotions to the eggs he had

silver is the trader because he knows who evolves by trading and knows the best stituation to trade in

crystal is the catcher because....well I dont need to explain it

if anything only sapphire should have a title red called her a "wild child girl" in the emeral arc so I'd call her the wild child

ruby and emerald may have skills but they seem too similar to red and yellow

dia is connected to mesprit pearl to azelf and platinum to uxie

but that means nothing about their skills too

Ruby: The Coordinator, Sapphire: The Challenger, Emerald: The Tactician, Dia: The Funny Man(Double Act Duo), Pearl: The Stooge, and Platinum: The Experiencer. Red and Saph's are similar, but Blue and Silver's special skills boil down to the same thing and no one complains, so... yeah.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom