• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What are the things you like and don't like about Sword and Shield?

I love the idea of Pokémon Camp, playing with my Pokémon will never not be a favorite of mine. The stadiums, the fact you have actual fans and a lot of the characters were really knocked out of the park in this game. The League Cards were cool as well, it was like the Fame Checker from way back in FRLG, but actually really good and not just something you got handed by your rival and promptly forgot about. I really enjoyed updating my card throughout the game.

The things I don't like, are of course things that a lot of people didn't like in this gen. The story was... well it wasn't the best it could have been. Rose was an obvious villain from the start, and his motive was lackluster, to say the least. I wish that there had been more Pokémon as well, but at least the DLC reintroduced a good amount of my favorites.

i recently beat this game. i actually loved it. i love the graphics, the region, the mix of pokemon, the wild area. i never expect much from these games in terms of story, so perhaps thats part of why i enjoyed it so much. i didnt get it when it came out because of the lukewarm reception, but im very pleased

I should also mention that it is a Pokemon game that was released for the Nintendo Switch, which is a home console. The few Pokemon games for home consoles that had battles in the past, especially Pokemon Colosseum, had amazing battle animations. People thus find the battle animations lacking and compare them to Colosseum or even earlier games. People were even more irate when GF claimed that such animations were the CAUSE of the cuts.

The things I like
  • The wild area
  • Being able to camp, cook, play, and talk with your Pokémon
  • The cool outfits they gave us
  • Getting a GMAX eevee or pikachu if we played LGPE
  • Letting the Pokémon follow you in the DLC
The things I didn’t like
  • My favorite Pokémon not being in the dex
  • Gender restricted clothing and hairstyles

bobs place in circhester

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 19
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom