• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what are the video games you feeling nostalgic about

Chip's Challenge, due to its intuitive design and a faster pace gameplay. Chuck's Challenge doesn't quite feel the same, mainly due to it feeling "slower", despite having a better set of features like rewinding. Good thing that game is released on Steam, even if it follows the Atari Lynx version's physics closely.

The other game is Aquaria. It's the first time I am intrigued by the "Metroidvania" format, which basically is a key word for a game featuring a large level with many secrets and a character that has progressively more abilities. It allows me to appreciate other games of that sort like Teslagrad, Shantae and recently Xeodrifter.. It's made by the creator of Spelunky and the creator of Night in the Woods, and it's too bad there won't be a sequel for it, given the ending of that game.

Thanks for reading.

The Donkey Kong Country trilogy and The Lion King game for the SNES. (The Lion King game was ridiculously difficult; I'd love to play it again so I could try to beat it as an adult.)

Recently I replayed tony hawk's american wasteland online through a simple dns change, still a blast to play all these years later
Also halo 2 through xlink kai recaptures the fun of halo 2 I never got to experience as I lacked an original xbox with live back then

The Star Wars: X-wing series - I could purchase these games from online stores (Steam or GOG), but I would never want to play them without a joystick hooked up, which my laptop lacks a port to use for my old ones.

The Commander Keen series - One of my earliest games series. Perhaps I should consider purchasing these titles off of Steam to relive the memories and to see if they'd be just as much fun for me to play now as they were then.

Anything else I could mention I could easily just play again if I wanted.

I watched a crazy speed-run of Super Mario 64 yesterday and it's got me remembering how much I played that game as a kid. I own the DS version, maybe I'll crack it open.

Medal of Honor: Frontline

The great soundtrack, the wonky animations, the cheat codes. I wish they'd re-release it.

• Pokémon Stadium
  • Final Fantasy VIII, specially the song "The Man with the Machine Gun"
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Pepsiman
  • Super Mario 64
  • Mario Kart 64
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Pokémon Gold and Silver (even though my first main Pokémon game was Sapphire)
  • Super Mario Sunshine (mostly because I fondly remember a KFC that had a demo of the game)
  • The original Spyro trilogy
  • Crash 2 and 3
  • Crash Team Racing
  • Crash Bash
  • Tekken 3
  • Street Fighter II
  • Road Runner's Death Valley Rally
  • Sheep, Dog & Wolf (AKA Sheep Raider).
  • Joe & Mac 2
  • Mortal Kombat I & II
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories
  • What might have been a bootleg Famicom version of one of the Dragon Ball Super Butoden games.

I feel relatively little nostalgia for my own childhood games, because I still have a lot of them to hand and can dip into them as and when needed - mostly GBA games, a little on the PC.

However, I do feel great nostalgia jealously, largely because the GBA was my first (and for a long while, only) console and so I missed out on a lot of the classic/interesting stuff going on with other platforms. No N64 and thus no Ocarina and Mario, none of the good 3D Sonic games on Dreamcast, and given my parents' relatively tight control over my gaming purchases, no shooters on the PC. Being able to play Pokemon Stadium at a friend's house was mesmerising.

Not to sound like a hipster, but I always feel a slight pang of disappointment that I wasn't on many of these bandwagons when I unwittingly had the opportunity to be.

Literally any game I've ever played, be it a game from my childhood or a game I played just last year. I'm a very nostalgic person in general, so I'd say there isn't a single game I've played that hasn't made me nostalgic at some point.

I feel as if I'm more prone to nostalgia than more people. I can even get nostalgia for games I played as little as two years ago, like say Persona 5, which I played the summer before I moved back home.

I have a real sweet spot of nostalgia for games I played in the mid-2000s, though, because that's before some major life-changes occurred. So games like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Kingdom Hearts II can hit me pretty hard. It used to almost make me physically ill to even hear an OST from TP, but this topic's not for anything that serious, so I'll stop there.

Pokemon X also provides me with a lot of nostalgia. It reminds me of autumn, and of the time where my ex and I were close.

I have another wave of nostalgia for the Ace Attorney series games which I played all of (aside from Spirit of Justice which released a little later) in early 2016, which was a really good year for me.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom