• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are they eating?

I'm pretty sure there eating pokemon just like we eat animals, we keep animals as pets, our friends, but we also eat them, the humans in the pokemno world do the same thing with pokemon plus battling, and just like us I'm pretty sure they only eat certain kinds of pokemon, I can beleave them eating a Miltank, but not a Meowth for example, it's basicly a counterpart world, heck Farfetch'd is said to be eaten, the writers dance around the issue but theres no doubt to me.

^ What the above said, they probably only eat select pokemon like Miltank, Tauros, Magikarp(they were going to in pokemon shipreck XD lol).

Probably.

I know pokemon eat other pokemon, like in a description on a metagross card, something about it trapping it's pray and eating it.

They're obviously eating the fallen pokemon of their defeated foes ;)

It's interesting to note that most instances of cheeseburgers, sandwiches and hot dogs appearing in the anime are merely edits by 4Kids. In the original anime, they were riceballs. And remember, regular animals have been seen in the show, so the characters aren't necessairily eating Pokemon. Most likely, they are, though.

Even so, this isn't the only occurrence of people eating Pokemon. Slowpoke tails were referred to as a delicacy in Gold and Silver.

Maybe they only eat pokemon that died of natural causes.

That would be rather disgusting...

It's interesting to note that most instances of cheeseburgers, sandwiches and hot dogs appearing in the anime are merely edits by 4Kids. In the original anime, they were riceballs. And remember, regular animals have been seen in the show, so the characters aren't necessairily eating Pokemon. Most likely, they are, though.

Even so, this isn't the only occurrence of people eating Pokemon. Slowpoke tails were referred to as a delicacy in Gold and Silver.

That would be rather disgusting...

Normal animals really only appeared back when the pokemon universe wasn’t well established, I'm pretty sure at this point it is fair to say there are no normal animals in the pokemon world really, maybe a bird, bug, and fish or two, nothing really major and that pokemon are the animals, and agreed on the last part.

well, purgers come from cows so probably Tauros or Miltank, most likely Tauros

and Hot dogs come from pigs so Spoink or Grumpig? or Pokabu? XD

It's been mentioned in Pokedex entries of various Pokemon being hunters or the hunted. So I'm going to say Pokemon eat other Pokemon, and the bug type can eat leaves. For humans, they probably eat Miltank burgers and Sirloin Tauros.

They eat Miltank Burgers from McRocket's™, have Pokabu bacon for breakfast, hunt Farfetch'd as a gourmet meal (unfortunately) and partake in some lean, grilled Basurao or Maggyo. I would love eating Maggyo, as I loved to eat halibut as a kid. Oh, I can't forget all-you-can-eat Chobomaki at Blue Krabby™. It's a delicacy.

oh, i didn't even notice that they ate pokemon D:
but now that i'm thinking about it .. i think they did eat miltank burgers once ;O;​

Well if there weren't animals in the Pokemon World, then explain to me how Goldeen is called the Goldfish Pokemon or Krabby is called the River Crab Pokemon, how would they know what a golfish or crab are? In DPPt it said something about eating pokemon in the Canalave Library though. So I'd say they eat both Pokemon and animals (if they have them).

A lot of times the dubbed version is made more Americanized, replacing things like rice balls for sandwiches. Kinda seems pointless to me.

Well if there weren't animals in the Pokemon World, then explain to me how Goldeen is called the Goldfish Pokemon or Krabby is called the River Crab Pokemon, how would they know what a golfish or crab are? In DPPt it said something about eating pokemon in the Canalave Library though. So I'd say they eat both Pokemon and animals (if they have them).

I actually thought of my own explanation for this, I think in the pokemon world the term "Dog" or "Fish" doesn’t refer to a creature, but a pokemon body or DNA type that has been classified to certain pokemon, like mouse here would refer to the animal, but mouse in the pokemon world would refer to mouse-like pokemon.

A lot of times the dubbed version is made more Americanized, replacing things like rice balls for sandwiches. Kinda seems pointless to me.

Agreed, that is pointless, but I'm still pretty sure they eat meat.

I actually thought of my own explanation for this, I think in the pokemon world the term "Dog" or "Fish" doesn’t refer to a creature, but a pokemon body or DNA type that has been classified to certain pokemon, like mouse here would refer to the animal, but mouse in the pokemon world would refer to mouse-like pokemon.

Agreed, that is pointless, but I'm still pretty sure they eat meat.

They do, it shows them with lobsters in The Battling Eevee Brothers. There are real animals along with pokemon.

But how would they know what a mouse is like?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom