• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are they eating?

I still explain that away as being before the idea of the pokemon universe was completely solidified, there are no real animals now.

If there were live animals then, there are now. There was not enough time between Indigo and now for them to have ALL gone extinct. Even if they don't show them. Gary still exists, but they don't show him often, now do they?

But how would they know what a mouse is like?

They didnt, they made up the term for that body or DNA type of pokemon as I said, it just happens to be the same word to help us understand, thats my theory, you can come up with your own if you don't like it, I just try to make everything make sense.

If there were live animals then, there are now. There was not enough time between Indigo and now for them to have ALL gone extinct. Even if they don't show them. Gary still exists, but they don't show him often, now do they?

I don't mean they went extinct, I mean they never existed, it may be kind of hard for me to explain how I see this, so maybe I should stop trying to explain my theorys on how this all works, I just spend alot of time trying to fill in plotholes and making my personal idea of the pokemon universe make as perfect sense as I can.

In the 3rd film (the commentary version on the DVD) the 4Kids writers debated whether the characters eat Pokemon or not and they basically left it open to fan interpretation.

There's an unreleased Pokémon that has the power to produce an infinite amount of meat.

Artificial foods probably =))

....oh my God, IT'S PEOPLE! *shot*

Seriously, though, I think both Pokémon and real animals are eaten. There are more than enough anime references (real fish in Cerulean Gym/off the coast of Vermilion, real worm in Viridian Forest, muskrat meatballs*, etc.) and Pokédex entries (Chinese legends, African elephants, etc.) to suggest that real animals (and the real world, for that matter) exist in the Pokémon reality, so why not?

*Not entirely sure about this one. Was that in the original Japanese too?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom