• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are Topps Pokemon cards? Are they collectible?

Hubaswift

Reaction score
I've been digging through my old pokemon collection as I've been getting back into it recently and came across these Topps cards, including one misprint! I don't know much about these so I'd be really curious to get some history on these as well as an estimation on what these cards are worth. They're quite pretty too!

I'm also new here, Hello everyone!
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (2).jpg

I think they were made for movie 1? But yea, they had Pikablu written on one of the cards. I don't know if I have that one though. Side note: Didn't expect to see someone else into prog rock on a Pokemon forum!

They're nothing more than collector's items, but not even the kind that would fetch a minor fortune in my opinion. They're only slightly less redundant than the Burger King kid's meal cards from 1999.

Omg I remember those! Back when I was still a novice at collecting cards I bought a pack of those cards thinking they were regular TCG cards, only to be disappointed that they weren't. They were a promotional tie-in with the 1st movie iirc and although they aren't worth much I think you should hang onto them for nostalgia's sake.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom