• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are you currently thinking about?

An ex of mine is trying to contact me. We parted on incredibly bad terms; she made it clear she never wanted to communicate with me or see me ever again.

I chose to respect her wishes and cut off all contact. We've not communicated in any way or seen each other, even in passing, in two years.

I don't know how she got my phone number; I never gave it to her. I don't give it out to anyone except certain family and very close friends, and I generally eschew the second these days. I shouldn't keep people too close, after all.

I've not yet accepted a single phone call from her. I don't plan to. She was clear in our last conversation. I accepted I would never see her again. Yet, somehow, this makes me the bad guy. Respecting the request she made the last time we talked somehow puts me in the wrong.

I don't understand that. Maybe I'm not human enough anymore.

"You've always been a good person. Why are you being such a jerk now?"

When was I ever a good person? I make hard decisions regularly. I own the terrible things I've done, people I've hurt, and horrible sacrifices I've made. Why is this any different from any other time? Is it because there's a woman involved?

In any case, she'll probably thank me for never answering the phone. Gives her a chance to find someone she truly wants. And she always did appreciate how I respected her wishes and looked out for what was best for her.

And it's time to purge my list of friends once again. If they think I'm a monster for this, then they'll appreciate not having to deal with me anymore. They can hang with someone who is more to their moral liking.

about work tomorrow. Boss won't be there but fortunately our PI has the new kid working on a small side project so I don't have to babysit him tomorrow (as opposed to Tuesday). Not looking forward to sweating in PPE in the mouse room, but the mice are cute so I guess it balances out.

The bait and switch hiring event I went to yesterday. Went in expecting to apply what I wanted to apply for, and then they tell us things that were not on the job description. I'm glad people walked out, including myself.

thinking about work tomorrow. Boss was supposed to text me Tues night/this morning about when to come in tomorrow and kinda... didn't. I'm gonna be really mad if I get there early and she just has me sit around for a few hours. ... I don't really want to lug my 11 pound laptop to work either just to get some work done in that scenario because it is really hot here right now. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom