• ME returns to his hometown to defend it against invasion from Team Galactic. Watch here as he battles against Commander Mars for the second time.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

What are you doing for Halloween?

the ghosts believe in you too
Reaction score
Hey! October is just around the corner and you know what October means: Halloween! What will you be doing for Halloween, and if you don't celebrate it, good for you! Halloween is my favorite holiday and tell us what you're going to be for Halloween, if you are. I'm gonna be dressing up as the sleepy guy himself: Snorlax. I would be Munchlax but I couldn't find any Munchlax costumes that weren't for infants, so I opted for Snorlax.

Good Bad Bug
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I hand out candy together almost every year, and this year we're going as a member of the Pokémon Ranger trainer class and Professor Oak, respectively. Choosing our themed pairings is always difficult because I'm bound and determined to stay in-character and I want us both to resemble our characters as closely as possible.

⋆⋅☆SᴛᴀR☆⋅⋆
Reaction score
i wasn’t allowed to celebrate halloween as a kid, as my parents see it as a way for kids to beg strangers for candy, lol.

i do love the holiday though. now i‘ve started watching the nightmare before christmas every halloween. although last year i tried carving pumpkins and i really liked it so i wanna try that again.

Twisted Samurai
Reaction score
Nothing really goes on that much at Halloween where I live, since there aren't many young families in my neighborhood, but we usually have some sweets on hand just in case. One year, my sister and I made some homemade sweets to hand out and I made little sugar ghosts out of fondant icing.

I really wanted to cosplay as Trevor Belmont from Castlevania, but haven't really had time to make the costume, so I'm saving that for a con next year. My kickboxing club hosts a Halloween session every year, but so far, I've got nothing for that.

Last edited:
unidentifiable
Reaction score
I'm gonna sit in my apartment and watch scary videos or talk to people on discord or somefin while simultaneously lamenting the fact that I'm not currently confident enough to go out and actually do something.

next year I'll hopefully feel good enough to actually do something, like go to a halloween party or toilet paper houses

Princess of Power
Reaction score
I'll probably be working on Halloween, but if I can, I may just dress up for the occasion. I might get some special kitty treats for the cat; we don't get a lot of trick-or-treaters in my neighborhood so I won't be handing out candy. But I wouldn't mind treating my kitty to something yummy.

Composed
Reaction score
Probably work unless I get the day off, otherwise will have my birthday dinner with my brother and parents as usual and open presents. Not gonna dress up as anything this year though.

Reaction score
Will just stay at home and probably watch scary movies with my family.

Reaction score
Nothing really. Halloween is not exactly celebrated in my country. There are parties here and there, but it's not a big deal. Maybe PriceSmart will stock some Halloween candy but that's all.

attempts to comfort the owl.
Reaction score
So normally I would be staying home taking care of stuff around the house and passing out candy.

However, this year I do have a costume that I may want to go as. And no, it's not PIkachu. Going as the agent in my signature. I think a couple of weeks before Halloween, I'll be going to a large Halloween party hosted by my friends and I'll most likely be wearing costume then. And then on the day itself, I might head into my hometown's downtown or to San Francisco or some other large suburb's Halloween event in that costume and have a great time.

Honestly, this would be my first time actually celebrating Halloween ever with a proper costume and all ^^

You are beautiful to me, exile
Reaction score
I requested Nov. 1 off so I'll probably get drunk and eat candy while watching my favorite twitch stream.

spread my wings & make me fly
Reaction score
I'll most likely be working since it sounds like a lot of people have requested the day off since there's a note on the time off request sheets at work that says they won't be honoring any more time off requests for Halloween. On the off chance I'm not working, I'll most likely just stay at home for the night and order a pizza. (Papa John's has a pumpkin shaped pizza through the end of the month that I kinda want to get to be festive.) I plan on do getting candy though and something nice to put it in for any trick or treaters that do come around, and maybe a few decorations to encourage people to come through and get candy (so my mom and I don't eat it all). It'll probably be more decorations than candy though since I'm not sure how many trick or treaters are around here since this is the first Halloween I'm spending in this area (but probably at least a couple bags with a nice variety of stuff).

ᴅʀɪꜰᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ
Reaction score
i'll be honest: i don't think i've ever really done anything exciting for halloween for years now. unfortunately, the magic of halloween kinda faded in my mid-teens or so, and afterwards i just never bothered to dress up as anything for years afterwards. this year is likely going to be no exception.

professional door opener
Reaction score
I have a midterm the day after, so I'll probably end up studying all night.

Pikachu Aficionado
Reaction score
I still do not have a costume planned, but I do still have my usual plans to go out and collect candy and enjoy the night like I normally do.

Shiny Rayquaza trainer
Reaction score
Might watch some scary movies. Sadly no kids come around trick or treating in my neighborhood, as the traffic gets rather busy.

Space Wizard/ Dark Sorceress
Reaction score
Not sure yet. Probably just watching movies.