• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are you doing for Halloween?

toastghost

i'm the right one on your touch tone telephone!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Hey! October is just around the corner and you know what October means: Halloween! What will you be doing for Halloween, and if you don't celebrate it, good for you! Halloween is my favorite holiday and tell us what you're going to be for Halloween, if you are. I'm gonna be dressing up as the sleepy guy himself: Snorlax. I would be Munchlax but I couldn't find any Munchlax costumes that weren't for infants, so I opted for Snorlax.

My girlfriend and I hand out candy together almost every year, and this year we're going as a member of the Pokémon Ranger trainer class and Professor Oak, respectively. Choosing our themed pairings is always difficult because I'm bound and determined to stay in-character and I want us both to resemble our characters as closely as possible.

i wasn’t allowed to celebrate halloween as a kid, as my parents see it as a way for kids to beg strangers for candy, lol.

i do love the holiday though. now i‘ve started watching the nightmare before christmas every halloween. although last year i tried carving pumpkins and i really liked it so i wanna try that again.

Nothing really goes on that much at Halloween where I live, since there aren't many young families in my neighborhood, but we usually have some sweets on hand just in case. One year, my sister and I made some homemade sweets to hand out and I made little sugar ghosts out of fondant icing.

I really wanted to cosplay as Trevor Belmont from Castlevania, but haven't really had time to make the costume, so I'm saving that for a con next year. My kickboxing club hosts a Halloween session every year, but so far, I've got nothing for that.

Last edited:
I'm gonna sit in my apartment and watch scary videos or talk to people on discord or somefin while simultaneously lamenting the fact that I'm not currently confident enough to go out and actually do something.

next year I'll hopefully feel good enough to actually do something, like go to a halloween party or toilet paper houses

I'll probably be working on Halloween, but if I can, I may just dress up for the occasion. I might get some special kitty treats for the cat; we don't get a lot of trick-or-treaters in my neighborhood so I won't be handing out candy. But I wouldn't mind treating my kitty to something yummy.

Probably work unless I get the day off, otherwise will have my birthday dinner with my brother and parents as usual and open presents. Not gonna dress up as anything this year though.

Nothing really. Halloween is not exactly celebrated in my country. There are parties here and there, but it's not a big deal. Maybe PriceSmart will stock some Halloween candy but that's all.

So normally I would be staying home taking care of stuff around the house and passing out candy.

However, this year I do have a costume that I may want to go as. And no, it's not PIkachu. Going as the agent in my signature. I think a couple of weeks before Halloween, I'll be going to a large Halloween party hosted by my friends and I'll most likely be wearing costume then. And then on the day itself, I might head into my hometown's downtown or to San Francisco or some other large suburb's Halloween event in that costume and have a great time.

Honestly, this would be my first time actually celebrating Halloween ever with a proper costume and all ^^

I requested Nov. 1 off so I'll probably get drunk and eat candy while watching my favorite twitch stream.

I'll most likely be working since it sounds like a lot of people have requested the day off since there's a note on the time off request sheets at work that says they won't be honoring any more time off requests for Halloween. On the off chance I'm not working, I'll most likely just stay at home for the night and order a pizza. (Papa John's has a pumpkin shaped pizza through the end of the month that I kinda want to get to be festive.) I plan on do getting candy though and something nice to put it in for any trick or treaters that do come around, and maybe a few decorations to encourage people to come through and get candy (so my mom and I don't eat it all). It'll probably be more decorations than candy though since I'm not sure how many trick or treaters are around here since this is the first Halloween I'm spending in this area (but probably at least a couple bags with a nice variety of stuff).

i'll be honest: i don't think i've ever really done anything exciting for halloween for years now. unfortunately, the magic of halloween kinda faded in my mid-teens or so, and afterwards i just never bothered to dress up as anything for years afterwards. this year is likely going to be no exception.

I still do not have a costume planned, but I do still have my usual plans to go out and collect candy and enjoy the night like I normally do.

Might watch some scary movies. Sadly no kids come around trick or treating in my neighborhood, as the traffic gets rather busy.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom