• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are you doing in Preparation for BW?

Staying away from updates on new details. I don't want more spoiled than what I've already ruined for myself.

As for me, I'll EV my good IVd Shiny Raikou :yawn:
I have my team set out, and I've hard if you're good at random battling, I could get myself invited to a few tournaments... HeHe!

Just got shiny Suicune on four of my five games; I actually forgot to download it to SoulSilver, so I'm going to go back sometime this week.

Now I just need Celebi... Not to mention I have to nickname my Pokemon and delete their HM moves.

What am I doing?

I transferred all of my Pokémon from my copy of Emerald over, and I started over so I could do a nuzlocke run of the game. How is that preparing? Well, I'm getting myself pumped up for Black and White's release. Of course, I kinda failed in that regard, since I'm already up to the Mossdeep gym (I started my nuzlocke run four days ago, and I've only had four casualties).

I'm training my pokemon in SoulSilver into what may be my team to use in White, post-story. I'll probably add some generation V pokemon into the fray.

I'm EVing some of my shiny legends and planning to get decent IV and natures for ones that I need.

I've decided to do some shiny hunting in preparation for black version. I've never really hunted shinies so it's kinda fun. I usually have gotten them from friends(unsure if they're legit) or just by random encounters while ev training. I actually the other day got a shiny illumise in a swarm while playing my Japanese white.

Not alot. Want to play them as virgin games and build from scratch as want to enjoy playing them as individual games. Leaving my HG pretty much as it is. Will maybe trade over any duplicate starters or legends that have traded or migrated and breed then trade over anything I have real difficulty getting ingame. Will probably change my mind though (well.....It's a womans perrogative...:-D)

Just got that last shiny Suicune. I'm planning to preorder the games at Toys R Us, but I wasn't able to go today, so that will have to wait untill later.

And I still haven't nicknamed my Pokemon or deleted their HM moves. Plus, I need to teach them some move tutor moves...

Waiting anxiously for the american celebi event and caving in and getting HeartGold, despite already having SoulSilver, to occupy my time for a few weeks while I wait and get a few extras.

I plan on starting from scratch though so the only Pokemon I'm transferring are the shiny beasts and celebi (several of each for trading leverage).

BRING IT ON! :evil:

I've been grouping together pokemon transfer at different stages as I earn my badges in White, as well as train up and breed some pokemon that I think will be useful during the game.

Outside of game related preparations I've been avoiding reading too much of the B+W news because I always get nervous that if I get too caught up in something before it's released I'll build up crazy expectations that it can never meet. But I've been watching a lot of Pokemon anime lately, and I'm super looking forward to going to the mall tour tomorrow to demo Black and White. :D

Pre-order White (done)
Replay FR (done)
Replay Emerald (currently)
Replay Plt
Replay HG
Get Celebi and beat Giovanni
Decide on 6th White team member Dx

I already have the japanese white but I'm still preparing for the english black version I plan to get. Mainly just trying to pass time.

I'm completing my Japanese Pokemon whites pokedex mainly and hopefully have it finished by the time the english ones come out so I can play the english one fresh.
I have a 3DS on order however it's not going to come till way past BW release date.=/
So I'm going to have play the english one on my DSlite until my 3DS comes.

I'm doing alot of other things outside of Pokemon games to pass time aswell like working towards getting a better job.

Watching Pokemon episodes on TV that is on every week.
Watching Pokemon DVD's.

Getting into Dinosaur King and watching the show on DVD and playing the one DS game ever released in Australia of it.XP

Getting into other cartoons aswell.

Playing my PSP and messing with downloads like Pokemon music from itunes and creating Pokemon background for it. (Just because it's a PSP doesn't mean I can't make it Pokemon themed.XD)
Also playing some games and purchasing from the PSN shop.

Listening to my CD's.

I have alot to keep me occupied until the english release actually. Time is moving very fast.=)

I thought I posted in this thread, but I guess not.
Since there are 23 days till the US release her is what I am doing.

1. -Preorder both games and strategy guide and fully pay them off with Trade-ins.
  2. -Replay Diamond
  3. -Replay Platinum- In Progress
  4. -Replay Heart Gold- In Progress
  5. -Watch Zoroark Movie
  6. -Watch Black and White Anime- Watched first episode, will watch others
  7. -Organizing boxes and delete HM moves of Pokemon I plan to transfer Need to remove items too
  8. -Rewatch Arceus Movie
  9. -Use MvC3 and Dead Space 2 to distract from wait. - In Progress
  10. -Watch a Walkthrough and try not to be too spoiled. - In progress
  11. -School and Gym - In Progress
  12. -Get Shiny Suicune
  13. -Get Shiny Raikou
  14. -Get Shiny Entei
  15. -Get Ash's Pikachu
  16. -Get Celebii
  17. -Finally Pick up games and play for hours

Someone just make it March already..
Edit Updated

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom