• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP What are you Excited for in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

I'm simply excited to play through Sinnoh again since...
1614635723572.png

since I played through Sinnoh.

Last edited:
Bringing some of the Pokemon I caught in the originals into these remakes. Specifically my Infernape from Pearl and my Empoleon from Platinum so it’ll form a trifecta with the Torterra that I’m choosing this time around.

Quite a few:

- The fact that I'll have another Pokémon game on the Switch console that (hopefully) is compatible with HOME.

- The fact that I could only play with the limited Diamond Dex, as I truly hope the remakes will include the Platinum Dex, or bigger.

- The fact that I will be able to finally do the underground online stuff.

- The fact that such an awesome game will be in 3D. Hopefully with LGPE level graphics (heck, if they had New Pokemon Snap level, I'd be very impressed).

- Even as a backup for the original DS games is good enough, since the DS and 3DS will eventually be obsolete to the point that it will be hard to repair or mantain them properly.

Something came to mind recently. I'm looking forward to growing berries again. Nothing against SWSH and its berry trees but growing berries will be much easier than shaking those trees and running the risk of losing several, if not all, your berries to a Skwovet or something that came out of the tree. This way we can have as many berries as we want without the risk of things like pests reducing the total harvest (something that I hated in XY). I just hope that the berry growing mechanics are more in-line with ORAS (since berry growing in Gen 7 was automatic via Poke Palego) and the berry yields are also much higher than in Gen 4, again more in-line with ORAS. And maybe we'll be able to get rarer berries more easily like that fat guy in Amity Square in Platinum, though the whole "faithful" thing has me worried about that. But, yeah, I'm looking forward to berry growing again, since it'll be so much easier than SWSH's berry tree mechanic.

Something came to mind recently. I'm looking forward to growing berries again. Nothing against SWSH and its berry trees but growing berries will be much easier than shaking those trees and running the risk of losing several, if not all, your berries to a Skwovet or something that came out of the tree. This way we can have as many berries as we want without the risk of things like pests reducing the total harvest (something that I hated in XY). I just hope that the berry growing mechanics are more in-line with ORAS (since berry growing in Gen 7 was automatic via Poke Palego) and the berry yields are also much higher than in Gen 4, again more in-line with ORAS. And maybe we'll be able to get rarer berries more easily like that fat guy in Amity Square in Platinum, though the whole "faithful" thing has me worried about that. But, yeah, I'm looking forward to berry growing again, since it'll be so much easier than SWSH's berry tree mechanic.

Ever since X and Y, the portrayal of berry trees in the Pokemon games has been very inconsistent. Trees grown in Kalos all look identical, regardless of species. Trees grown in Poke Pelago all look identical as well, but differ from the ones found in Kalos.

And in Alola and Galar, multiple species of berry fall from the same tree! Do they somehow all grow on that tree, or is the idea that wild Pokemon stashed them there?

ORAS is the only game from the 3D era that has got berries right so far, giving each species of tree its own unique appearance just like in Gens 3 and 4. The classic berry tree designs are an iconic part of Sinnoh's scenery just as much as Hoenn's, so I think it's safe to assume they will be preserved in BDSP as well.

Do they somehow all grow on that tree, or is the idea that wild Pokemon stashed them there?

That’s exactly it. When you interact with the trees, the text says “It’s a tree where Pokémon hoard their food.” You can even shake Leftovers out of some of them.

Anyway the Galar trees aren’t so bad once you figure out what signal to look for so you know when to stop. (When the tree leaves start shaking multiple times very quickly, you can get one more shake in before being attacked.) I haven’t been jumped by a wild Pokémon (unless I wanted to be) in a long time because I’ve gotten that down - my gripe is more that they’re completely RNG in terms of yield and the process of shaking them is kinda boring; it’s just button mashing.

Last edited:
I never played Diamond or Pearl, so this is going to be like a brand new experience for me.

Adding another to my previous list.

4. BALL SEALS. I loved these, but totally forgot about them until recently reminded of them. I sincerely hope they will return in these games.

I'm excited to explore Sinnoh again. It is my second favourite region.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom