• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP What are you Excited for in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

BackSet

You Could Use Some Imagination
Reaction score
Okay, I’m not necessarily as excited about this as I was for SwSh but dammit I feel I have an obligation to help keep up the positivity and by god I will fulfill it! Besides, I always make a thread like this. I can’t stop now.

So, what are you excited for about the brand new Sinnoh remakes? As per usual, keep the negativity on the down low.

Personally, the idea of contests in 3D excites me.

Mostly the Underground. I sank a lot of time into that feature when I first played Platinum, and it’s been a long time since then, so I’m a perfect mark for these games in that regard.

I never tried out Super Contests in the original, so I’ll be sure to do that this time. I’m very interested to see how they rework the dancing and costuming aspects to work with the 3D models.

Seeing all the scenery in nicer colors will be enjoyable. Additionally, assuming they come up with another workaround to HMs, that’ll open up a lot of teambuilding freedom and, I think, improve the overall experience for Sinnoh.

And of course there’s the soundtrack - DP’s soundtrack has always been my favorite in the whole series. I’m super curious to hear how they change it around.

And of course there’s the soundtrack - DP’s soundtrack has always been my favorite in the whole series. I’m super curious to hear how they change it around.

There is an updated Arceus theme in the Legends trailer for a slight taste of the new soundtrack.

But yeah, DPPt had probably one of the best soundtracks. I hope they do it justice. Also Route 209 better still sound like All the Young Dudes or so help me.

• A Sinnoh game with QOL improvements to make it less slow and less of a pain to play and not needing HMs
  • Seeing Sinnoh in updated graphics. I may not be a fan of the artstyle and the chibi characters, but the overworld looks nice enough to me.
  • Having the Fairy type
  • Actually spending time in the Underground instead of basically ignoring it like I did as a kid. I feel like using it will be easier for me now, especially the multiplayer portion of it.

Aside from playing through one of my favorite regions again, I am most excited about any new content. New areas and characters will be a breath of fresh air to an already beloved region. So, I wonder with anticipation how that will be executed and all.

It would also be nice if Dawn or Lucas get more to do in these games; they pretty much stop engaging with you during your journey after you get their Pokedex back and I think that's a shame. Sure they don't have to be on Barry's level of interaction, but it would be nice if they teamed up with you during latter Team Galactic events (such as the Mars battle at Lake Verity) or if you could battle them in Victory Road/the Pokémon League. Fleshing out their somewhat bookish personality would be nice as well.

Finally being able to use the under ground with online capabilities. When I played dppt as a kid not only did I not know the ds could connect to the internet, even if I did I never had wifi capable of it (WEP internet I think, I know this because when I tried to get back into gen 4 before the wifi went down my internet would not let me connect. Also whatever internet my dad had until I was in high school had such limitations that he wouldn't let me watch videos because he wanted to preserve the monthly data limits so online games were likely a no go.) I never got to play sinnoh online. Even black and white I only got to play online because of my 3ds but at that point xy was around the corner.

Playing it without corrupting a save like I did as a kid because I abused the heck out of Action Replay.

Like others have said: the Underground. I LOVED that back in the Sinnoh games. I must've spend hours upon hours, killing my battery life in the process, just digging for Shards, Stones, and Heart Scales. Probably spent more time in the Underground than I did in the actual game. And now it looks like it'll be easier to use, though I wonder how we'll know where to dig since we used the touch screen back in the DS era to reveal the digging locations, especially since now there's only one screen. Maybe it show the sparkly spots on-screen instead when you approach them like how Sw/Sh does it with the respawning items on the ground? Who knows? But I'm looking forward to using (more like abusing) the Underground again.

Also, having multiple save files due to the Switch's nature without the need to reset any of them to replay the adventure. That's a huge boon to me, as I had to stockpile a fair few game cartridges just so I didn't have to rewrite any save files... which didn't stop me in some cases. But now I have the ability to have multiple save files with only one game cartridge needed, so that's something I'm going to enjoy.

Going on a new adventure around Sinnoh with Turtwig, and being a part of the new-release excitement that I partially missed out on the first time around, due to not getting my DS until a few years later. I have a feeling I'll form a stronger connection with Sinnoh if I'm experiencing it anew at the same time as everyone else.

I'm actually more excited about these games than Pokemon Legends right now. Legends looks amazing, but what I'm really looking forward to the most is having that classic Sinnoh experience again.

To be honest, I'm actually getting a bit more excited for the remakes themselves. While the art style has yet to win me over, and I'm worried that it'll be the same bare-bones story due to how the word "faithful" has been used a lot by GF, but now that I've had a bit of time to mull it over, I'm actually looking forward to playing these games. Again, there are still some concerns I have, but we've only seen one trailer, so that's not a whole lot to judge it on, especially since we have at least 7-8 months left before they go on sale. I'm willing to give these games a chance, especially if the QoL additions from more recent games make it in. So, I guess I'm getting a bit more excited about the games themselves now. Plus, it'll be nice to return to Sinnoh, as it is one of my top 3 favorite regions (Unova and Hoenn being first and second, respectively), and at least these games have more fleshed-out colors for the environments, making them feel more alive and less dead-looking. And it'll be nice to use old favorites like Infernape and Staraptor again. So, I guess I'm getting more excited about the games themselves now that I've had a bit of time to digest everything thus far.

Definitely the Underground. I loved popping down whenever I needed a little break from the story or from grinding. When Ranch launched, I had so many fossils that they served as the primary filler to hit the 999 goal for Mew.

I’m also looking forward to re-experiencing the region with fresh eyes; by the time Gen IV was winding down and HGSS finally dropped, I was tired of Sinnoh. But it’s been so many years now, I’m excited to go back.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom