• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are you Excited for in Pokémon Legends: Arceus

This thread needs a poll.

My hype is at 11 for this. Open world, BotW-esque Sinnoh? Pinch me I'm dreaming. I want to comb every inch of this Sinnoh and catch every Pokemon.

I’d say I’m about at 6.5/7 out of 10. I am interested and excited to see how they developed a story centered about the lore (expecially Arceus’), the open world, a different, ancient/past timeline, and the gameplay, but we don’t have any data on how they’re going to implement those things, so I want to see more before building up too much hype.

Definitely the lore. The thing that has kept me involved with pokemon for all of these years is the lore and worldbuilding surrounding the franchise. The games have always had interesting bits of lore but it's rarely expanded upon in games. So a game that centers lore and history is extremely intriguing for me.

Honestly, just walking around Sinnoh will be really fun. It will be cool to see all the 3 lakes, Mt Coronet, Eterna Forest, and all of the little caves/ruins that Sinnoh has. I also hope we get a huge flower field for the Floaroma Meadow. It will be soooo pretty.

I am excited for... uh... well... everything.

Yeah, you can say that again. I love the traditional Pokémon structure and gameplay loop - it’s held up for me throughout all these years, but a main series game with a totally new overall experience? I can’t even properly fathom it. Just the prospect of having such a new, inventive take on the games - waaaay beyond the sort of mild reimaginings of existing concepts that we saw in the Alola games, which I was already very pleased with - is beyond exhilarating to think about.

The trailer doesn’t give me a whole lot to lock onto specifically, but I’d say the sharpest sense I get from it is the tone and the atmosphere, which is bold and of a sort that I never would have imagined them creating a whole game around. Ancient Japan, pre-modernization and with a much heavier emphasis on exploring nature, at a time when the myths were alive and taking place... my hype is at such a peak. They’ve got an opportunity to make something really special here.

A game set in the past is something I've always thought would be cool, and with the amount of lore Sinnoh has about the creation of the entire world it's the perfect region to do this in, so looking forward to that. Also just...this completely new experience and learning how to play an open world game with it because I was not able to get the hang of it last time.

Oh, and Arceus finally getting the spotlight and an actual story revolving around it is cool.

The preview trailer really looked like how I imagined the games as a kid, so to speak; it's a vast world where you can just get up and travel in any direction and find who-knows-what Pokémon and tumble into unexpected trouble.

It's obviously too early to guess much, but I really hope this will reignite that feeling, in the same way Breath of the Wild did for me.

The idea of mostly battling/catching wild Pokemon isn't for me unless there is a lot more than meets the eye about this "studying Pokemon" aspect. The Wild Area never appealed to me, but SwSh featured Max Raids in addition to the league, not as a replacement. I can only think of Totem-like boss battles, but I guess there might be a few "trainers" out there (hopefully not just ancestors of DP characters).

Arceus is a very boring choice as far as lore is concerned. What are the options? The creator is revered, punishes those who seek to do harm, and is maybe a little sinister? The only way I see myself getting interested is if Arceus turns out not to be so almighty, after all. I obviously want to know what role, if any, the Unown play here. Darkrai and even the Lake trio could be pretty scary if done right; Arceus is just whatever.

What's left? The idea of a mostly barren region is new, I'll give them that. What's weird is that Sinnoh has myths about the olden days ("when Sinnoh had just been made") involving humans, while this game isn't set that far back in the past (maybe 200 years prior to DP) based on the aesthetics. Is there an older civilization living in Sinnoh, possibly just the Mt. Coronet area? Have they already migrated to the Sinjoh Ruins, or are they going to leave as a result of this game's events? This could either be pretty interesting or turn out to be wasted potential.

I appreciate having access to Cyndaquil, but they're going to have to diversify the roster quite a bit more than that. I won't play the remakes, but I can't imagine being limited to the Platinum Pokedex for two consecutive releases.

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to learning the land and history of a game as if it were my real life home this much in my life.

Sinnoh has always been one of my favorite regions due to its abundance of history and lore, and this game is clearly going to expand on that. I always thought the Sinnoh region was one of the best-designed regions.

I’ve never maxed the playtime on a Pokémon game out to 999:59, but I could easily see myself doing that with Legends Arceus. I’m almost sure they will pack the game with Easter eggs referencing future events in BDSP (and vice versa with packing in Easter eggs referencing LA in BDSP).

It is experiences like those that make the Pokémon games and world feel interconnected and that in and of itself is a development to look forward.

I want LA to succeed so bad, I want it to be a Switch best-seller so as to tell Game Freak that this is the direction we want and to pursue games like this in the future, for both the Legends sub-series AND the regular main series of games, basically, I want every game after to explore this type of open-world setting.

Last edited:
The lore is a big one. Sinnoh has so much history and interesting legendary pokemon. The creation and lake trios are intriguing as is, but even others like Regigigas, Heatran and the lunar duo. Also, Johto has strong connections to Sinnoh in the past (like with Sinjoh ruins) so I’m keen to see how that plays out. Perhaps we’ll get more expansion on Johto as well. Then there’s the fact that this takes place way before any other pokemon game. We coul see ancestors of existing characters, original forms of fossil pokemon, ancient versions of ruins, new things entirely, etc. Then actually exploring these areas is gonna be better. There’s just a lot to look forward to in this aspect.

Excited is a strong word at this point. But I would like to see more of the battle system and overworld in action.

I'm excited at the idea that Gamefreak seem to be making this with the intention of innovating.

Outside of that it feels too early to get excited about anything in particular.

I'm excited for having a vast area to explore for Pokemon. That's the wonder of an open world game. Getting lost in the wilderness. It's a nice contrast to the standard Pokemon game where you're pacing in the same few squares of grass to grind out a wild Pokemon.

I'm also really excited to see what they do with the story and how they do the history of the Pokemon world. Stuff like the historical Pokeball is really neat to me.

Everything! This game has so much potential written all over it, and it's so hard to focus on one area.

If I have to choose though, it has to be the open-world aspect of the same. I am not lying to you when I say I've spent at least 400 of the 600 hour playtime in BOTW just exploring the world. There's just something magical about running through this big, amazing open-world. It can be made even better by being able to find cool things, from rare Pokemon to aesthetic little spots I can take a nice picture in. Just the idea of having an open-world Pokemon game excites me.

I am also really excited to see what this whole 'surveying and researching wild Pokemon is going to come into play. Will this have actual gameplay elements to it? I have wanted a Pokemon game where you can research wild Pokemon since forever, and if they do this right, this could be the game I've been looking for.

Lore is a given. I'm actually really excited for the architecture, NPC personalities, character designs, and the almost archaeological dimension it'll have for the player. We are uncovering an ancient society compared to one we already know, with all the foreknowledge about the future that brings!! So exciting!!! It raises so many questions I can't wait to ponder.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom