• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are you Excited for in Pokémon Legends: Arceus

I'm really excited to explore ancient Sinnoh. What we saw in the trailer looked so vast and different from what we normally get with routes and more akin to an expanded Wild Area. Having a game set in the past is such a cool concept already, but using Sinnoh for the setting is really the perfect choice. There are so many Legendary Pokemon within that region, especially with the focus on time, space and creation with Dialga, Palkia and Arceus respectively, so focusing on the region's past makes a lot of sense. Getting a chance to expand on the Sinnoh lore and give proper focus to Arceus is pretty great too.

I'm curious what we can do besides creating the first Pokedex. That is a cool premise to start off the game with, but I assume that there will be more to do during the storyline. I don't think that we'll take part in ancient Gym battles, although getting to see how Gyms came to be could be really cool, but I wonder what else we can do and if there are other bigger objectives than the creating the first Sinnoh Pokedex.

I'm really happy about the starter choices too. They're some of my favorites and all three of them will get a boost in popular due to be associated with Legends. But I'm especially happy that Cyndaquil is among the three starters. My first Pokemon game was Silver and Cyndaquil was my first Pokemon, so I do have a strong attachment to it. Cyndaquil always felt so underappreciated among most of the other Fire starters, so seeing it get more love after all these years after Legends was announced made me really happy. I'd still be thrilled even if they somehow chose another Fire starter or if I didn't have that attachment to Cyndaquil. There is a good possibility that I'll use another save file to choose Oshawott as my starter or see if it will be possible to get it later on in the game to have both on my team, but being able to start a journey in a new experimental Pokemon game with the first Pokemon I chose back in Silver makes me incredibly happy on a personal level.

I'm excited about Arceus being the mascot of a main series game, especially if this means we can catch it. I never thought I'd see the day! I hope the box art follows the main series tradition and shows only Arceus, rather than including an ensemble of Pokemon and human characters à la the spin-off games.

I'm also looking forward to Cyndaquil, Quilava and Typhlosion potentially having their flames ignited more often, but I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm until we see more footage. It could just be for that one cutscene, after all.

Last edited:
  • Arceus: A Pokemon that's been unfairly forgotten thanks to the mythical label finally gets to shine in the region where it was born. There's so many routes an story with it could go and I'm intrigued to see which one they choose.
  • Open world: It's crazy that what appeared as an experiment in Late 2019 is now without a doubt the future of the franchise.
  • Biomes: Related to the above, Sinnoh is a decent region on its own where an open world could work well because of its biome diversity and interconnectivity. I'm excited to see all those routes and towns reimagined.
  • Past setting: The urban setting of the main games is getting a bit stale (specially as they haven't cared much about cities lately in my opinion) so I'm glad this provides them with a new challenge.
  • New Pokedex: I doubt the starters will be the only new additions. I'm expecting themathic additions from later regions, and maybe even new Pokemon.

Ooh. I hope they’re watercolor. I mean, it’s possible that might be anachronistic but I love watercolor.

Funnily enough, I was just saying over in the general discussion thread that the overworld graphics have a kind of a watercolour look to them. Almost as if the whole world is a living painting. It gives the game the feel of an old storybook, which is perfect for the historical setting.

This Sinnoh isn't "ancient". A quick look at the professor's office should tell you that we're talking about an era from only 100-200 years ago.

• There's so many routes an story with it could go and I'm intrigued to see which one they choose.
Hmm, I fail to see how Arceus is that different from the Hoenn and DPPt mascots in terms of Game Freak's conventional storytelling. They could make it a judgmental god as in Movie 12, but Giratina pretty much sent Cyrus to hell. They could make Arceus fight Giratina, but we've seen that sort of thing just recently with wolves and Eternatus. The only interesting route I can think of is to completely deconstruct what we know about Arceus, making it subservient to the Unown rather than the other way around.

Arceus, making it subservient to the Unown rather than the other way around.
Why would Unown rule over anything when nothing in their lore has indicated that? All they’ve done for Unown is tell us “Hey! This is intriguing!!” Which never leads to anything.
It’s pretty random, not going to lie.

I personally don’t expect Unown to get anything beyond a sidequest. Giratina and the Lake Legends are the ones who’ll get more focus I think.

I'm pretty late to the train, but I guess it's fine, lol.

When they first announce this I immediately thought of the possibility of future Legends game. I imagined witnessing the Brass Tower being burnt, or meeting the Original Dragon, or fighting alongside the Tapus when the Ultra Beast first came, or retracing AZ's story. That's what got me excited for this game the most, so you could say that I'm excited that GF is willing to do something novel. I really hope GF does their best effort for this title.

Other than that, I look forward to exploring the lore and the wilderness and finding familiar yet new places. I think I saw Floaroma Town, Sandgem City, and Lake Valour from the trailer and early screenshot. Researching Pokémon in the wild also seems fun. Overall everything looks exciting.

I don't want to be overexcited, but I've never felt this excited about a new Pokémon game before this!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom