• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Are You Excited For in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

BackSet

You Could Use Some Imagination
Reaction score
It's back! It has returned! The obligatory BackSet positivity thread has been created!

So, I know we don't really have a lot of information on the games right now but what are you excited for? I'm excited for my boy Sprigatito (I'm assuming the starters will continue the trend of having a 90% male chance 10% female chance).

I'm excited for the new Pokemon. I'm also cautiously excited to see how the open world part of the game will turn out.

To be honest I probably get more excited to see all the new Pokemon designs even more than I'm excited to actually play the game itself.

Aside from that I'm not sure, since we don't know much about the games yet there isn't a huge amount to latch onto.

-New favorite Pokemon, this one's a no brainer. Every batch has a few that makes me question why they weren't designed earlier.

-Characters, usually because they're great jumping off points in inspiring my own art.

-The music, I swear Masuda never misses.

- The region itself. The first trailer gave us a few glimpses of the different cities and places, but I am really looking forward to seeing it all for myself. This place in particular has sparked my interest since day 1.

Screenshot 2022-04-29 4.29.23 PM.png

I have no idea why it interests me so much, but it truly looks beautiful. Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me, but it looks like it's a large lake that's spilling over into the ocean just beyond those islands.

- Of course, I'm also excited to see the new Pokemon for the region. Gen 7 was my favorite in terms of new Pokemon, and Gen 8 is pretty high up there as well. So I have pretty high hopes for the Pokemon of this generation. And honestly, even if I don't like them right away, I often warm up to Pokemon as the years pass. 3 years ago I would have said Gen 5 was the worst gen of Pokemon for me but now there are so many that I love I just can't say that anymore. I'm excited to see what new Pokemon we get and I'm excited to start building my team.

On a side note, I'm also really excited to see what the shinies for the New Pokemon will be. Legends Arceus with its ability to see overworld shinies got me back into shiny hunting, my main method being random encounters, so I am looking forward to seeing what potential new shinies I'll get as well.

- As usual, I can not wait to see the new characters this game will bring. The last couple of generations have created many of the best characters in the franchise in terms of design and personality. I am literally trying to list out my favorite characters since gen 7 and it feels like it's too much because there are just so many. It's the Pokemon and the characters that keep me coming back to these games, so I'm always excited to see what they will come up with next.

- Finally, I'm interested in seeing how the open-world aspect of this game will come into play. How will it affect the wild Pokemon and trainer battles? If there are gyms (or gym equivalents), will we be able to challenge them anytime or will there be a set order? How will the story play out? There's still so much we don' know, and I'm hoping we don't have to wait till the game comes out to get some of these answers at least.

Aside from some of the already mentioned (new Pokémon, open-world implementation), I also look forward to see the core-series Pokémon game post-PLA.

Okay this is gonna probably sound REALLY WEIRD to normal people but like.

I'm excited to see the water. I love water. I would swim all the time if I could. I love water in games because I could stare at it all day and watch the ripples reflect water and listen to the splashes.

I have a thing with water in games. "Does this water make me feel like the water in Super Mario Sunshine?" It's not just me my brother does it too. Games have some nice water sometimes. The water in the shrines in Breath of the Wild? Yas. I love sitting and watching the water flow. Sims 2 pools? Yes. Legends Arceus had some good water too.

I can't wait to see what the "gimmick" for this gen will be. It'll be hard to top Gigantamaxing, Z-Moves and our beloved Megas...

I'm hoping for more regional forms and maybe some cameos from our favorite characters? I'm asking for a lot here but I'm dying to see Guzma again ;_;

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom