• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What are You Excited for in Sword and Shield (Potential Spoilers)(All Story Spoilers in Marked Spoiler Boxes Please)

BackSet

You Could Use Some Imagination
Reaction score
Okay there have been a crap ton of threads complaining about this or that in SwSh. Dexit, graphics, Turner, Masuda, etc. So I decided to make a thread about things you're looking forward too. No negativity allowed.

For example, I am looking forward to all the cool character customization.

So I’m gonna post right now because I know this thread is probably going to be full of spoilers soon.

As for what I’m excited about, I’d say the new Pokémon and Galar forms. I know I ragged on them a bit in the leak repository and new Pokémon discussion threads, but I’m still interested in seeing them, especially since I haven’t seen all of them. I’m especially excited to see the Poison/Electric dinosaur and its evolution(s).

For me
  • Pokemon, duh
  • Seeing all the new characters and plot
  • Exploring Galar
  • Gigantamax forms, I'm not too keen on using battle gimmicks, but a lot of the G-max forms look super cool so far
  • Customization
  • Gen 4 remake hints

-Exploring a new region
-seeing the community active again
-meeting new gym leaders and seeing the fanart
- the anime for the games lol
-traditional mainline pokemon on the switch finally

Max Raid battles most of all.

But I'm also really excited for playing a mainline that isn't just Let's Go on the TV, camping/curry, the Wild Area, the music, Dynamax, clothes that finally don't suck, the plot, collecting League Cards, and of course the new Pokémon and Galar forms. The Gym Leaders all look really fun and have great designs, and I'm eager for the post-game rematches.

But also I might actually give some form of competitive battling a try for once, since the barrier of entry has been lowered so dramatically and since your in-story team can actually be modified to meet the specifications.

• New Pokemon
  • New trainer customizations
  • Pokemon Camp
  • Throwing Wooloo into the void to try and get a Stonjourner.. Since that's the only Pokemon I know nothing about.
  • Talking to all the NPCs and finding jokes or puns thrown into the dialog.
  • Raid battles with randos.
  • Making curry.
  • Allister
  • The older gym leaders.
  • Going into every single building in Wyndon. I've been wanting to do that since Goldenrod.

• Pokemon Camp. I've been wanting something like this for ages after seeing it so many times in the anime; now my team can really feel like a family. And on that note, cooking curry for everyone.
  • Exploring the region. Everything looks so vivid, cozy, and beautiful. I'm glad there seems to be a variety of terrains and weather as well; I'm looking forward to bundling up in the colder areas.
  • Gym Battles; yes, I was one of the few (I'm assuming) who missed them in Alola. They seem so much more eventful and festive now, which is certainly a new take.
  • New customization options. From what's been released in the trailers so far, I think I'll be pretty content.
  • The story and new characters; I really liked Lillie and a good number of characters in Sun & Moon, so I'm hoping to be charmed by the characters of SwSh as well.
  • Competitive battling. These games seem very competitive battle friendly and I'd love to be a part of the competitive scene, maybe even making it out to a tournament this time. No Garchomps, Landorus', Cresselias, and the usual OU suspects to build teams around. And this time, even the Starters seem to be competitively viable as well!
  • I'm ready to meet my Grookey :)

Gym Battles; yes, I was one of the few (I'm assuming) who missed them in Alola. They seem so much more eventful and festive now, which is certainly a new take.

I don't think that's a terribly unpopular feeling. And personally, I was happy to see Gyms gone in the Alola games, in part because it was just nice to see something new but also because I felt that Gym themselves had gotten kind of rote (Let's Go did not change my opinion on this). But I'm excited for these ones because they seem to have improved them technically (it seems that Dynamax is limited to Gym battles, Max Raid battles, and online, which is on one hand a nice response to how being able to use Megas and Z-Moves at any time let you just plow through the regular Trainers in the game, and on the other hand it helps the Gym Leaders stand out among the usual NPCs because only they get to deploy this tactical augmentation, thereby making their battles more challenging; also, from what the Affleck leaker described, some of the puzzles might be a little more involved and Trial-like) while also doing a lot to spruce up the atmosphere (the hyped crowds, the in-universe cameras, the League Cards, the Gym Challenge itself being a cultural regional event rather than a loose collection of dojos).

The thing I am looking forward to the most is exploring the Galar Region. The region itself is beautiful, full of different environments that all seem to boast their own sort of uniqueness. The last time we saw a region like this was Kalos, and getting to experience this amazingly diverse region with the sort of vibrancy of colors they have put into it is going to be amazing! I always love finding those little secret spots of beauty in the new regions, so I'm looking forward to exploring and finding the hidden gems within Galar.

I am also super hyped to use the new Pokemon and Galarian forms. There are a lot of great designs for this generation, and I can't wait to meet them all and find new favorites. Being able to play with them at Pokemon Camp is going to be amazing too!

I also really love making a travel log when new generations come out. I had a lot of fun posting in the Travel Log thread when Sun and Moon came out. It's just sort of fun to talk about my journey. New games always inspire me to write it seems, because I usually come up with a million and a half Pokemon fiction ideas when new generations come out.

And of course I am hyped to see the new story and new characters, see all the character customization options and am even excited to do some shiny hunting again for the new Pokemon.

I'm so excited for the Curry-making, I'm gonna make tons of curries. I even planned to make curries IRL based in the in game curries.

Also I'm excited to see that it seems you can stir the curry using joycon. Most of the new RPGs I played in Switch don't have the option to utilize the joycons, so this is neat

I'm so excited for the Curry-making, I'm gonna make tons of curries. I even planned to make curries IRL based in the in game curries.
I forgot about curry. I don't want to go back to obsessively doing recipes like I did in the Paper Mario games, but I know I'll end up doing exactly that once I get the games.

Also I'm excited to see that it seems you can stir the curry using joycon. Most of the new RPGs I played in Switch don't have the option to utilize the joycons, so this is neat
I spent so much time and berries making Pokeblocks and Poffins...I feel like the same thing is going to happen with the curry.

What got me in was the Wild Area. Having overworld pokemon has been a long time dream. I wish it came with more dynamic landscape, but maybe they can still surprise me there. If they don't, I won't be too fussed. I also got obsessed with the Galarian alphabet, even though I know it has no consistent transliteration. (I'll make it have one)

I'll probably spend absolutely no time at camp or curry making.

I will, however, spend hours in a clothing shop, which I would never do in real life. You gotta have an outlet sometimes.

• new pokemon
  • exploring a new region that looks open (unlike the reality of Alola)
  • co-op and wild area stuff - and i hope to see more overworld co-op stuff in the future of pokemon

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom