• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What are You Excited for in the SwSh Expansion Packs (Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra)

I’m looking forward to the big reveal that the special someone whom invited us to the Crown Tundra is in fact Ball Guy’s true identity.
Ball Guy is my favorite super hero.
Trees do not effect the game.
Presumably it's a reference to the infamous low poly tree that became memetic in the leadup to the game's release.

I am excited for old pokémon coming back, new Galarian forms and the new regis. Also the Tundra looks amazing.

I looked forward to lots of stuff but I would like to know will we need a new team

I'm most excited that this expansion apparently let's us train Pokémon we already have to be able to Gigantamax.

That'd be insanely great cause raids are a living nightmare sometimes.

Also, just more areas and characters in general, like the ex-champion and to see how he influenced Leon for example. I already thought SwSh were the best games ever since BW2, so I'm happy they doing this and try to make them even better.

I am most excited to explore (looking at you Crown Tundra!) But looking forward to new pokemon as well.
Speaking of which, The Legendary Bird guess...
I wonder if they will still be keeping their Flying typing since they are a trio? But at the same time, they look like they may drop it. I mean Moltres looks like Fire/Dark to me.
Zapdos I wonder will have a ground or fighting typing with an Electric Typing (eyes and claws look glowy to me). I think I am going to go with Electric/Fighting. Articuno looks like Ice/Psychic to me.

W-what?
Please elaborate.
The laser-eyes, the metallic-looking wings, its even sharper and almost modern features as well as color-scheme... yeah, I'm betting on part steel-type.

The 'slash'-effects during Articuno's spotlight in the trailer, as well as the soundeffects also scream razor sharp steel to me.

Last edited:
The laser-eyes, the metallic-looking wings, its even sharper and almost modern features as well as color-scheme... yeah, I'm betting on part steel-type.

The 'slash'-effects during Articuno's spotlight in the trailer, as well as the soundeffects also scream razor sharp steel to me.
Please no, Articuno is already bad, we don't need it getting worse
I'd prefer Ice/Psychic. The slash effects are razor-sharp ice. Right? Right?!

I'm super excited at the prospect of getting new Galarian forms of Pokemon and even brand new Pokemon too! It was great that we got a few in USM and LGPE, but the fact that we're getting new 'mon mid-gen without it being in a new game is making me excited!

I know it's not technically part of the DLC themselves, but the fact that they're adding back old Pokemon along with the updates makes me happy! It feels like Gamefreak listened to criticisms behind Dexit, and the fact that they changed their minds on keeping the dex limited makes me hopeful that it won't be a thing in the next installments.

Spiritomb?
getting Future Sight and some new moves? also much moredraining moves actually.
This fellow with 108, should be in... gen 8

-new pokemon, abilities and moves mostly
hope that many cut off moves come back with a game changing buff and that Gigantamax will be learnable by some kind of secret training in a secret place.

Spiritomb?
getting Future Sight and some new moves? also much moredraining moves actually.
This fellow with 108, should be in... gen 8

-new pokemon, abilities and moves mostly
hope that many cut off moves come back with a game changing buff and that Gigantamax will be learnable by some kind of secret training in a secret place.
Reminds me of the fact that Spiritomb has become quite obscure; if it isn't in the DLC then it surely will be in the remakes.

I’ve realised I’d really love to see us be able to design our very own “champion outfit” because the standard set of kits for the battles are dull compared to Leon’a cape.

I was very disappointed that after becoming Champion we're stuck with that tracksuit while Leon was allowed to dress like, well, that.

Oh boy! Can't wait to sell out!
If the fine businesses of Galar will toss a few $ my way every battle I'll be happy to emblazon their ads on my cape, shirt, pants, whatever they want.

Tattoos cost extra but they are on the table.

Last edited:
I think Shinno pokemon will get megas, some will gain Gigantamax and Dynamax activation item and in gen 9 or 10 some gain regional forms to make it out like this gen 8 got after gen 7 regional forms of gen 3 pokemon after the remakes.

I hope they buff Dazzling to block also a move after the increased priority/speed change occurs after a move/ability reduces Bruxish/users speed lower then oponents or the oponents becomes higher via move then the users and give it to a old/new pokemon or use Bruxish again. This would make it unique and diverse from Queenly majesty. Like when oponent uses trickroom to make his pokemon faster then Dazzling user and gets block the turn after summoning trick room when tries to attack it.

Sword and Shield, hoped we would get abilities to be immue to sword, slash based moves and one ability with immunity against all the head , tackle and full body hit based moves... like flare blitz. For non legendaries. if not now hope they dont forget to do something like that.

Interesting will be if Wushu pokemon will be working for Cyralex or against it and the wolfes.

Cyrarex would need a good Gigantamax form and move to make up for the typing and ability or a other form...

Also I feel that a other legendary should be in games, bc Wushu seems like 2 forms for each game and Cyrarex feels more like Crown Tundra legendary then Island of Armor when You think of it longer.

I hope some of the new pokemon maybe get some other forms, new signature moves or new moves?
Phalaninx and some other seem unfinished and maybe the expansions could bring some closure?
Or we get non legendary new pokemon, not all galarian forms in those locations?

counted 2 wushu forms, its preevo, cyralex, 2 regis, 3 legendary birds, 10? with a 3 regi maybe 11
7 gigantamax forms with wushu counted, probably carylex too, that would mean 8 new ones.
3 galarian new pokemon for Slowbro/Slowpoke/Slowking...

11 new pokemon, 3 galarian forms, 8 gigantamax for 2 expansions? 22 elements? Hmmm feels like maybe it will be 30?

I think we could get one more legedary oposite of Cyralex that will be in Crown Tundra the one in Island of armor.
maybe with Slowpoke in island of armor there will be maybe a seperate galarian pokemon line in oposite expansions or items different for each game? Taking that wolfs got armors, the island of armor sound like some pokemon maybe could get other ways to evolve?

Gigantamax would be cool if You could train to get it somehow via a item, this would solve in future Dynamaxing outside of Galar region...
a item that lets you dynamax for 3 turns.

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to exploring the new areas and getting more lore and story content, since SWSH’s story was quite lacking. I’m also excited for new characters and I hope they have more involvement in the story. And we’re getting Garchomp back, which is pretty sick.

We're getting tons of Pokemon but I still won't be satisfied until I have my Blaziken. I need him!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom