• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What are You Excited for in the SwSh Expansion Packs (Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra)

Solving every single mystery of what these DLC will have, knowing more about the legends and myths, particularly what other old legendary will get something new. The Birds got new forms and there are two new Regis, there's so much potential to solving the mystery here and making the lore a lot more rich.

Last edited:
I could do with some more news, though.

Definitely excited for the new areas and the returning 'mons, as well. Especially curious about the upcoming Galar forms; there's a small spark of hope left within me that some of them will receive regional evolutions. Unlikely, but still.

I'm looking forward to having these new areas to explore! I have to admit even with how much I love Galar, it's been feeling a little bit cramped lately and having some more places to run around and see the world is going to be awesome. And also being able to meet new regional variants while there.

Also, I am really glad to have that free moving camera within the DLC. After experiencing it in the Wild Area, t can just be so difficult to go to normal routes sometimes.

I am not excited about anything. My nephew will get to catch a lot of legendaries for the first time, so good for him. Been there and done that.

The DLC has a different director compared to the base game. Do we know the name of that director?
Hiroyuki Tani.

Yeah, which is why I didn't say "Galarian form" when talking about the Legendary Birds. They could easily be alternate form changes if anything.

Well I told you to call them "team yell moltres,beep beep zapdos, dope edgy articuno"

Anyways.... It would be great if some old legendaries got some plot, like confirming that they breed in some way and give them a reason to be there. At the very least, don't have them all just randomly encountered in the underground dens,because for me, it is important for all legendary pokemon to have some lore wherever they appear,wich was a problem I had with the ultra warp ride and the mirage spots, but thankfully the legendary birbs have a dedicated plot to them that might expain their origins unlike some other non-boxart legends

I love the tropical regions like Alola and Hoenn so the Isle of Armor is right up my alley. Aside from that, the new Galarian forms of older Pokémon and the many new clothing options are very exciting. I've spent literal hours on all kinds of different outfits for my character and I would love to have even more choices. The return of craftable Apricorn Balls is also cool.

that Rillabooms gigantamax move may be done a sound move properly and maybe infuture Drum Beating will be a grass sound move taking Rillabooms stats spread and that most sound moves are special oriented,

that Rillabooms gigantamax move may be done a sound move properly and maybe infuture Drum Beating will be a grass sound move taking Rillabooms stats spread and that most sound moves are special oriented,
It isn’t a sound move because the sound of the drum doesn’t deal damage, the sound makes vines grow and the vines physically beat the opponent.

It isn’t a sound move because the sound of the drum doesn’t deal damage, the sound makes vines grow and the vines physically beat the opponent.

we asume the the vines or roots are vibrating with the sound? that the sound energy goes through the ground and cause them to do that? that means the sound moves through the vines and should break a substitute like other sound moves do in my opinion. taking 125 attack stats and 60 sp. attack stats and Drum Beating with 85 power and reducing oponents speed.

we asume the the vines or roots are vibrating with the sound? that the sound energy goes through the ground and cause them to do that? that means the sound moves through the vines and should break a substitute like other sound moves do in my opinion. taking 125 attack stats and 60 sp. attack stats and Drum Beating with 85 power and reducing oponents speed.
Nope, the sound stimulates plant growth, it doesn’t move with the sound.

The move isn’t going to change its status, if GameFreak wanted to, they’d have made it sound already, like Sparkling Aria was a sound move when introduced.

Nope, the sound stimulates plant growth, it doesn’t move with the sound.

The move isn’t going to change its status, if GameFreak wanted to, they’d have made it sound already, like Sparkling Aria was a sound move when introduced.

at least they could allow them to go through substitute because the vibrations... add that affect to the move...

lame , waiting for physical sound move so long... perfect occasion to make vibrating roots that hit...
Like hitting with a vibrating stick or vibrating ball something... theoretically if you shoot or throw something emmiting sound, a sound weapon into something else then it makes sense... like sounds what cause water waves to move, sound that causes a avalanche or sounds that cause resonanse and rock falls... we know sound breaks glass...

even overdrive is a special move...

they could at least make in future more a physical moves do some after sound damage when used, or first souund and then physical, maybe a dual or multistrike hitting move that first is special and second is physical move... or reverse too...
like bells or something...
string that break after giving sound...
sound punch like the mantis shrimp...

If the vines hit the target , then there should be after damage or something... maybe the gigantamax move will have that...

It feels a waste of the Drum and the beating if you know what I mean...

This has probably been said and I'm too lazy to check, but I'm at least hoping that they give us some new AI trainers for Max Raid Battles in these updates. Ones that are... how should I put this... COMPETENT. Sure, there are a handful of AI trainers that do well (the Lass with the Weavile, for example), but most of the others are frustratingly terrible, making 4-5 Star Max Raids nearly impossible (especially against hard-hitting Mons like G-Max Toxricity or Mewtwo, who will slaughter you without human allies... and even then they can still tear you apart pretty easily). So, if we're getting more Mons in the DLC, I hope they give us new Max Raid partners that aren't insanely dumb (I'm lookin' at you, Mr. Wobbuffet trainer! That goes for you too, Solrock guy!). At the very least they better beef up the current AIs smarts and stats to make them not just cannon fodder to stronger Mons.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom