• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What are You Excited for in the SwSh Expansion Packs (Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra)

It's just a cosmetic item. People who don't get what it's from will be fine.

That's the likely scenario I think, but at the same time... the last time we got a peak at customization items referencing the evil teams(the stickers for the Pokemon Snap-type of feature in USUM), look what happened. I'm just keeping an open mind is all.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is staying away from any rumors/leaks for the DLC. It has definitely made a difference in my enjoyment of SWSH. I'd say I thoroughly enjoyed SWSH more so than the past couple Generations because of this.

What happened?

Rainbow Rocket. We saw logos for all of the old villain teams in one of the trailers long before we knew that RR was going to be a thing. At the time, you could have conceivably thought that the stickers were just fluff, not an indication of a more significant appearance from those characters.

Which, totally fair enough. But that being said, concern over new fans understanding the references isn't really a factor. Regardless of if we actually see the old villains in the Crown Tundra or if it's just their clothing items, new fans won't be any more confused now than new fans at the time of USUM would have been when all these characters they'd never seen before just appeared out of the blue for a post-game story. It's not as if they included the villain team stickers for the Photo Club first and then reverse-engineered the entire RR Episode as a way of explaining what those stickers meant.

Rainbow Rocket. We saw logos for all of the old villain teams in one of the trailers long before we knew that RR was going to be a thing. At the time, you could have conceivably thought that the stickers were just fluff, not an indication of a more significant appearance from those characters.

Which, totally fair enough. But that being said, concern over new fans understanding the references isn't really a factor. Regardless of if we actually see the old villains in the Crown Tundra or if it's just their clothing items, new fans won't be any more confused now than new fans at the time of USUM would have been when all these characters they'd never seen before just appeared out of the blue for a post-game story. It's not as if they included the villain team stickers for the Photo Club first and then reverse-engineered the entire RR Episode as a way of explaining what those stickers meant.

Somewhat unrelated, but RR Giovanni appearing in Pokemon Masters was completely out of the blue. Honestly speaking, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't be as suspicious about Ghetsis' and Lysandre's signature eyewear appearing in the DLC trailer as I am right now. If anything RR related were to appear in the DLC, I would at least expect that version of Giovanni to appear. The "certain someone" that's supposed to hire you for the expedition could even be him in the shadows, and that mountaineer guy could just be a red herring, an unwitting pawn.

This is just all pure unadulterated speculation though, regardless of what happens I'm looking forward to it. The new Legendaries/forms look awesome, my favorite is probably the Arcticuno form.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom