• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are you gonna name your starter in Scarlet/Violet?

ThePurpleEevee

The Purple Eevee <3
Reaction score
df0zenh-f2ed1b1f-9334-461b-bd2e-24df385359b0.gif
I might name my Sprigatito " Catnip ", it'll probaly be overused though.

Last edited:
In the case of Sprigatito, I'm probably going to name it Nermal, after the Garfield character that claims to be the cutest kitten in the world. :p

If I end up choosing Quaxly, I'm totally naming mine either Berdly or Dewey. Both are just too good to pass up.

And if I decide on Fuecoco, then Peppy or Paprika. Because it looks like a pepper.

I don't nickname my Pokemon when I play a new game for the first time. However, I have used nicknames for nuzlockes and other playthroughs. If I had to give my Sprigatito a name it would probably be Tito.

For some reason, I just don't bother. It might be because I'm more focused on playing the game and having fun. I also don't have the easiest time coming up with names. I chose Tito because it's an actual name and it comes from Sprigatito's name.
Oh, makes sense. In all my play-thoughs, I always name my Pokemon. Usually based on what it looks like or the culture its from.

I have a grand always constant very creative and not at all lazy nicknaming scheme... I usually just shorten the names of the final stages.
Using the first stage names as an example Sprigatito would be Tito/Tita depending on the gender, Quaxly would be Quax and Fuecoco would be Coco.
Very original names I know.

In the case of Sprigatito, I'm probably going to name it Nermal, after the Garfield character that claims to be the cutest kitten in the world. :p
Hopefully in a future game you’ll be able to bring him over the Pokémon world equivalent to Abu Dhabi.

I'm on a trend of giving pokemon "alternate" nicknames. Names that sound like they could be real pokemon names. Right now, I'm leaning towards naming Fuecoco: Pyrococo or maybe just Rococo for short. I'm a fan of the Arcade Fire song.

I'm notoriously slow with nicknames. Likely whatever I'll pick out would be chosen during their final stage, and then I'm not sure if Donald would fit, say, an utterly beautiful swan or a horrendously vicious goose.
Then again... the last Hydreigon I nicknamed is called Flauschig, which is German for Fluffy, so you never really know. He's a very good boi, by the way.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom