• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are you most excited about?

What are you most excited about?

• Total voters
Mostly everything, but I enjoyed Gold and Silver sooo much ( I'm a firm believer that these were Pokémon's finest years) that I wouldn't really want them to go too mad changing gameplay things. I'm looking forwards to seeing Johto and definitely Kanto in IV gen graphics and I can't wait for the updated music to give me a good nostalgia fix. Although I'm worried they won't match up to Pokeremixstudio's work... I just hope they don't overdo it like they did with FR/LG champion battle theme.

Oh yeah and it will be nice to go for walks with my old buddy Typhlosion.

Last edited:
I voted "everything," but as I mentioned in another thread, I'm not really enthusiastic about "updated" music. Everything else will be nice, though.

Also, for some reason I'm really looking forward to making a fool of myself in public with the PokeWalker.

Yup this game was my fave back when I was young, and I cant wait to play the new and improved version again.

Add me to the group who's never played GSC before, so I said everything.

We don't even know what "everything" truly entails.

I'm guessing aesthetic changes should be most exciting, since I doubt location will make much of a difference, and I'm pretty sure the gameplay will pretty much be the same thing it always has been.

Features should be its own option though, since some of the new quirks they added are what I'm looking forward to most.

Someone mentioned it before, and I know it's a rather miniscule thing, but I can't help but get excited at the idea of all the little Pokemon following you around. It was awesome when Pikachu did it in Yellow, and I think it's great to see them all do it (granted, I'm gonna hate seeing something like a mini Palkia behind you).

I'm just excited about everything.
I never had the chance to play the Second Generation games since I never had a Game Boy and also because I was only 5 when the games where released here.

I voted "Everything", but meant to vote "Nothing." -.-

I don't get excited before releases. I find it best to stay cynical; expecting the worst. That is the only way to keep yourself from disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the games, I'm just not excited for them.

So that's just a general reaction for you to games?

Same here a bit. I usually don't get majorly excited about games but HGSS is actually an exception. Since I enjoyed GSC, I want to play the remakes. This is mostly because everytime I do play my Pokemon Silver copy, I feel depressed that it wasn't as fun to me anymore.

Even if- at the bare minimum- it's just GSC with Gen. IV gameplay and graphics I wouldn't be too disappointed. But of course I want to see them exploit Gen.II's potential as much as they can.

So far GameFreak is doing well with what I've seen. The graphics are looking good and the new features so far are nice. I'm sure they'll unveil the big gameplay features later on.

So I'm generally excited.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom