• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• Magnificent Entertainer supercharges his team with some new TMs. Watch here as he wishes that the player character was wearing a trench coat.

What are you naming your player character?

Reaction score
Wow; all this time, and I didn't know that. Though, I guess I never re-styled my hair after my first salon visit.
Yeah, white hair and another color (can't remember which one) were unlockable after you beat the League for the first time. Can't blame you for not knowing that since I discovered that two years after release (my hair color was already available so I didn't need to change it again).

i a freek. Im le weirdo.......
Reaction score
ever since i started using this username i've always named my player characters neo! so probably that : P

Laid to Wake
Reaction score
Starting with Let's Go, I decided to just use Esserise as the name for my main playthroughs and most of my other accounts for the sake of continuity.

But I'll still "invent" characters for any subsequent runs. I'll at least play as the girl and name her Shelly for my second.

Shinobu's Pet Wolf
Reaction score
"Nori" for the game I put in English and のり for the game I put in Japanese, both very normal for me. X)

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I always name my characters either my real name, or Victor, my Pokemon self-insert character. Since these games have Victor as a literal canonical name and that’s the closest I’ll ever get to my own name as a canon name, if I got the games I’d take the male PC, and name him Victor.

Coincidentally my OC Victor also wears a red shirt the kind SwSh Victor wears... That’s weird...

#Shield
Reaction score
I haven't used a made up name since probably black and white. I may consider doing a made up name again. A shortened version of my name is getting kinda old...
I use to have made up names all the time when I played pokemon as a kid.

Pikachu Aficionado
Reaction score
I will always use my real name, or a screen name depending on what it is.

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
Masaru or Yuri because I like immersion in my games about pocket monsters

Pokemon Researcher
Reaction score
My trainer's name is going to be Sophie.

I ended up going through lists of recent popular name choices for girls in England or Scotland, and I found Sophie during my trip through the Scotland list, though technically the name does have Greek origins.

I need more friendship.
Reaction score
If I decide to also play Sword (I'm getting a copy of Sword for my sister and due to multiple profiles I can play it to) I'll play the guy protagonist and name him Zack.

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
After looking through the responses, surprisingly it seems like people making fake names are slightly in the lead if I counted correctly (note: it's somewhat likely that I miscounted :enzap:). I got 15 people going with their real name, 17 with a fake one, and 8 people that are either undecided or will use both a fake and real name.

Reaction score
We went with "Cumberbitch!" Took the most British name we could find, and since we were playing the girl, we changed a letter to make it giiiiirlish.

Reaction score
Since the waifu is named Marnie it was only natural that I name my FeMC "Anna" to match. :whistle:

Reaction score
Is this a reference that's going over my head?
Anna was the protagonist of the novel "When Marnie Was There" - my absolute favourite book as a child. :love:

Now a Studio Ghibli animated film too.

織田信長☆FAN
Reaction score
I'm naming my male Sword MC Touken (刀剣 トウケン), while my female Shield MC will be called Kanka (干戈 かんか).

織田信長☆FAN
Reaction score
That is really fun to say.
It is, isn't it? There's not many ways of reading "shield" in Japanese, so it was either that or "Tate", which... I suppose Japanese players would pronounce correctly, but Western players, not so much. ("Ta-teh" as opposed to "Tayt".)