• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What are you naming your player character?

Wow; all this time, and I didn't know that. Though, I guess I never re-styled my hair after my first salon visit.
Yeah, white hair and another color (can't remember which one) were unlockable after you beat the League for the first time. Can't blame you for not knowing that since I discovered that two years after release (my hair color was already available so I didn't need to change it again).

Starting with Let's Go, I decided to just use Esserise as the name for my main playthroughs and most of my other accounts for the sake of continuity.

But I'll still "invent" characters for any subsequent runs. I'll at least play as the girl and name her Shelly for my second.

I'll be calling my guy Henry. I mean, it's generation VIII, the setting's Fake England, you get six pokemon in your team... I think I'm kind of required to go for the obvious joke.

"Nori" for the game I put in English and のり for the game I put in Japanese, both very normal for me. X)

I always name my characters either my real name, or Victor, my Pokemon self-insert character. Since these games have Victor as a literal canonical name and that’s the closest I’ll ever get to my own name as a canon name, if I got the games I’d take the male PC, and name him Victor.

Coincidentally my OC Victor also wears a red shirt the kind SwSh Victor wears... That’s weird...

I haven't used a made up name since probably black and white. I may consider doing a made up name again. A shortened version of my name is getting kinda old...
I use to have made up names all the time when I played pokemon as a kid.

I will always use my real name, or a screen name depending on what it is.

If I decide to also play Sword (I'm getting a copy of Sword for my sister and due to multiple profiles I can play it to) I'll play the guy protagonist and name him Zack.

After looking through the responses, surprisingly it seems like people making fake names are slightly in the lead if I counted correctly (note: it's somewhat likely that I miscounted :enzap:). I got 15 people going with their real name, 17 with a fake one, and 8 people that are either undecided or will use both a fake and real name.

We went with "Cumberbitch!" Took the most British name we could find, and since we were playing the girl, we changed a letter to make it giiiiirlish.

I'm naming my male Sword MC Touken (刀剣 トウケン), while my female Shield MC will be called Kanka (干戈 かんか).

That is really fun to say.

It is, isn't it? There's not many ways of reading "shield" in Japanese, so it was either that or "Tate", which... I suppose Japanese players would pronounce correctly, but Western players, not so much. ("Ta-teh" as opposed to "Tayt".)

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom