• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your dreams and aspirations?

Reaction score
Pokémon is all about having dreams and aspirations, so let's talk about our real life ones! They can be big or small... maybe there's a place you'd like to visit, or a career you want to pursue, or you want to get married and have children, or you're secretly plotting to be the next President of America. Or maybe you don't have any dreams at all, which is completely fine too - often the best things that happen in our lives are completely unplanned.

Mine is to be a full-time DJ and music producer. Music has been a big part of my life since I was very young, and lately I've been developing a passion for EDM (electronic dance music). It would make me so happy if I could spend the rest of my life making music.

Last edited:
I'm studying to be a teacher right now (my first semester for my associate's degree is about to end, so I've got a ways to go), so that's a big goal. I'd also like to get married and have kids some day. Also, coming out as nonbinary is a big one for the holiday season this year.

Personally, I'd love to be a writer and publish my own books...though from what I hear, the publishing process in and of itself is pretty difficult, especially stuff like queries and getting an agent. I used to want to be a mangaka, but all the stories I've heard about mangakas not having much of a life, along with my art skills continuing to be second-rate in spite of all of my efforts have dissuaded me from that dream.

A lot of my goals/aspirations are related to various creative endeavours. Mainly I'm studying to be a character designer (as well as a graphic designer, 2D animator, and illustrator). I've always thought it'd be nice to do something that I love professionally — though of course, I've also heard the art world can unfortunately be a pretty miserable career to go into these days, so that does put a large damper on things. I would hate to get permanently burnt out on drawing.
At some point I'd also like to independently make and publish a finished video game, since I've been programming smaller stuff for years and I want to make an experience that everyone can enjoy. And more than anything, ever since I was young I've always really, really wanted to make music... just haven't had a lot of luck learning so far.

But outside of studies and hobbies and stuff, my real "big dream" is probably just to move out and live somewhere on my own, and maybe someday be in a nice relationship. Boooring!

But outside of studies and hobbies and stuff, my real "big dream" is probably just to move out and live somewhere on my own, and maybe someday be in a nice relationship. Boooring!
Same, although I'd like to pick up a pet after moving out.

As for the rest of the dreams... I guess becoming a nice cook would do well ? Not as a job of course, but as a hobby.

I want to live in Japan or Singapore for a bit, the former especially has always immensely interested me and I had a great time when I was last there. Not sure either of these are doable anytime soon or at all since it all depends on where my husband gets his next job, there aren't many opportunities in his field in Japan or Singapore sadly. Otherwise I want to bring my cat over from the US (she's with family atm) and adopt a pomeranian, or maybe another small dog. Not a massive dream but something I really hope I'll be able to do before kitty is too old to travel.

I want to get accepted to a certain university in Japan! I... hope I'll get in LOL, but I'll have to start applying soon... I won't know until early next year, though, so hopefully it'll work out! Other than that, just basically 'living relatively happily'. I'm sure it'll be much easier said than done, but I think I can get it somewhat figured out, I hope LOL. I'd love to work as a translator/localizer for a media or video game company—I live like an hour away from Nintendo's American headquarters, so if I end up in America instead of Japan in the end it'd be... super cool to work there somehow. I want to meet a few friends after I graduate college (with my associate's degree, I'm trying to get a bachelor's at university) next year, also, so hopefully...! that can happen and I can actually go to a con or something?

But yes I have dreams and... well I hope I'll achieve most of them LOL. I just need to study and stuff basically? Basically? (kind of?) (i think?) LOL

• move out of state and instead live in a more lgbt+ friendly state
  • hopefully find a job in a field of my interests, which has long been technology so really anywhere in that field.
  • before i even get there though, i would need to continue my education. finish my dual associates i think, and get my bachelor's, and then finish my certs. a looooong way away, but hopefully i'll start making progress on that.
i don't even have grand aspirations of working for a particular company or area or anything like that. as long as i'm in a comfortable position on my own, waking up every day in relative peace without worrying for my mental health, what more can i ask for? that seems good enough for me. maybe in the distant future once i have enough saved i can travel to different countries at some point. that would be nice, too.

It's sad to say this but I honestly don't really feel like I have any at this point :( I don't mean in a "I give up on everything forever" kind of way, just that I literally have had no motivation for pretty much anything for many years now. Being an author used to be my dream because I love (loved?) writing so much, but now that I barely have any inspiration to write anything lately it seems like a silly wish.

I mean I do have goals (find a new job, maybe go back to school at some point, become more comfortable with traveling so I can visit more places/go to more out-of-state conventions etc.), but things I would consider dreams and aspirations? Not really.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom