• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Are Your Favorite Background Songs From The Anime?

ashfangirl

The Pikashipping Master
Reaction score
Mine R:

From the games:
Hoenn Elite 4 Battle

Kanto Champion Battle

Johto Rival Battle

Not From The Anime(titles from the original soundtrack):
Raid(Dramatic one from Kanto)

A Huge Free-For-All(Epically Random One from Kanto)

Prayer(Ash's fire-gazing moment in Pikachu's Goodbye)

Tears After The Cloudy Weather(Always makes me want to cry, no kidding)

Absolute Death(From a lot of epic moments, like when Team Rocket pulls some crazy stunt;the title shocks me)

Let's Run!(When something screws up horribly)

you get what i mean.

Call me nostalgic if you want, but my favorite BGM from the anime is the Kanto battle theme, AKA Burning Battlefield. It's awesome. :D

I literally love every single Kanto BGM 8D All the battle themes, sad music, Oden *coooooooough* ;-)

Also, there's some lovely sad music that's caught my fancy in DP. A more dramatic piece used in DP 73 when they're refilling the lake (that carries into the final scene by the lake) and a piano/strings thing they use in DP 117 when Musashi leaves Kojiro :drool: Oh bgms, I luv ya!

A lot of movie tunes. Altough I can;t remember them now. Also team rocket tunes are awesome. Oracion isn't that great though, altough I do expect lot of people to say its their favourite music.

I've never been a huge fan of Oracion either :/ I just find it a bit... bland.

RSE Victory Road and GSC Route 27 are my favourite anime tracks. I like Oracion, but it takes a while until it gets to the good part. I also like "Last Battle" from the 6th movie, that's a really good battle theme. Also, OK! and Advance Adventure Instrumental ~

Burning Battlefield
A Brutal Pokémon Appears!
A Formidable Enemy Appears
RSE Victory Road
RBY Trainer Battle 2nd remix (not released, so no offical name). This plays when Gary faces Giovanni, Meowth vs Brock, the battle against the Giant Onix, and when the twerps face TR at night in the Orange Islands. It's my all time favorite from the anime.

I will edit when I think of more.

Last edited:
"Tears After the Cloudy Weather" is beautiful. Also, it was absolutely heart-wrenching when they mixed it in with the original theme during Bye Bye Butterfree.

Another one of my all-time favorites has to be "A Meeting and Parting". It's just got this amazing serene feel to it, and if I recall correctly, it was played at the end of many of the old Kanto eps... has it been heard recently? Because I absolutely love this song. :)

I'm totally in love with the GSC Gym music... the Lance/Red battle music is good too, as are most of the other GSC music
For the anime... Advanced Adventure instrumental, "Satoshi's new theme" from DP, that Lucario music from movie 8 and Veilstone/Riolu eps, movie 6's "Diane/Max's feelings" which I think were played when Paul released Chim and Ash offered it to join him... and much more, too much for me to remember XD
Too bad not all of the anime BGM was properly released...

I wish I knew what was that beautiful sad piece of music used in DP in scenes like when they're trying to help the child Hoeru (Wailord in English, er, I think?) go back to the water? And most, recently, when Shinji (Paul) realized he was losing and continued to battle, though it was futile, against Jindai (Branden)?

Really sad, sweet stuff.

There are wayyy too many good BGM for me to single out faves in this series, seriously. Almost everything in the Japanese version sounds good. x3;;

Argh, Prayer! <3 I forgot how lovely that one was.

Oh, how could I forget "Prayer"? That piece is lovely, and so emotional. I think it evokes memories of The Ghost of Maiden's Peak more than anything.

Also, I love "To Be Continued". It reminds me a lot of the fun, carefree spirit that the show used to have. :)

I wish I knew what was that beautiful sad piece of music used in DP in scenes like when they're trying to help the child Hoeru (Wailord in English, er, I think?) go back to the water? And most, recently, when Shinji (Paul) realized he was losing and continued to battle, though it was futile, against Jindai (Branden)?

Really sad, sweet stuff.
Yes! That was one of the ones I was talking about. Beautiful piece.

I wish they'd release some of this BGM, like they did the Kanto :-( I'd love to be able to just listen to it.

Many, many movie bgm's
Kanto Gym Battle
Kanto Champion Battle (they should release this, it is so epic)
Johto Ship (SS Aqua?)
RSE Victory Road
"Crazy Kanto Running Theme" xD
Eterna Forest
Magma Hideout music
Legend, Prayer, Tears after a cloudy weather... all from the soundtrack

Whatever BGM played at the end of a lot of Kanto episodes giving the episode a "satisfying" feeling, as the camera would pan up and show a mountain with the "To be continued" screen. You know which one I'm talking about.

Scott, I think you're referring to "A Meeting and Parting". (You can listen here, if you want to check.)

But yeah, that one's awesome. ^^

Yes! That was one of the ones I was talking about. Beautiful piece.

I wish they'd release some of this BGM, like they did the Kanto :-( I'd love to be able to just listen to it.

Actually, that piece is released. It's "Daian no Kimochi", from the 6th movie(Jirachi).

Another one of my all-time favorites has to be "A Meeting and Parting". It's just got this amazing serene feel to it, and if I recall correctly, it was played at the end of many of the old Kanto eps... has it been heard recently? Because I absolutely love this song. :)

It played at the end of "Saving the World from Ruins". That was a pleasant surprise.:)

There is a background song in the anime that I am so obsessed with but don't know it's name. Although I have a clue, I can't identify it. It was playing at the finale of the "Snubble(sp?) Snobbery" and "The Crystal Onix". But for almost an decade I have been trying to figure out since then what it was called.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom