• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your favorite Brock pokemon?

What are your favorite Brock pokemon?

• Total voters

pokemon fan 132

pokemon fan 132
Reaction score
On his quest of becoming best pokemon breeder Brock collected several pokemon. Some he caught, some were befriended while some he raised from egg providing assistance to his journey.

Here you can express what are your favorites and why.

When it comes to Brock this are my favorite:
-Steelix: it may not show much personality but i liked his panic fear from water exaggerating to the point of being morbid. He seems very loyal and intimidating and i liked brute strength he possess. One of his biggest highlights happened in 4th movie when battling Iron mask Marauder Tyranitar and battle against Brock mother Lola was impressive too managing to get water out of pool with dig and deprive Mantine of protection. I enjoyed in his performance as Steelix as well having some pretty cool moves like iron tail or dragon breath with battle to save Pewter gym in BF being one of best moments he had.

-Ludicolo:i mostly liked him for comedy and incredible mount of energy he displayed being highly energetic. I liked how he was somewhat dimwitted as Lotad testing Brock patience, with his change in personality being interesting to watch as he evolved. We didn't saw him very often in battles, but he had some great moments.

-Croagunk:his poison jabs when dragging Brock away from girls were hilarious(better than Max ear pulling) sometimes even pushing it to extreme, and i liked his easy go and relaxed nature doing things his own way. His rivalry with Toxicroak was fun to watch as well showing to be very impressive in battles and strong as well winning several battles under Jessie command before he went to Brock. I especially liked repeated use of brick break against Jessie Seviper.

Re: Whar are your favorite Brock pokemon?

- Onix/Steelix: Even though it barely had any personality, this guy used to give me such a good laugh. I loved how it was utterly terrifying and unstoppable during its first appearance in Ash and Brock's battle, only to become near useless once it was on the main cast - ain't that always the way. Still, it was neat having the 3rd largest Pokemon around regularly, even if said size didn't reflect its power at all.

- Happiny/Chansey: I was dubious when I first heard Brock was getting a Happiny, I thought she was just going to be Togepi 2.0, but I was very happy to be proven wrong. The episode where she was born is a strong contender for the cutest episode ever, and I loved how her relationship with Brock resembled that of a father and a daughter. Although her colossal strength couldn't have been more different of that of her video game counterparts, it made her a huge asset to the team, so for once, I didn't actually mind the drastic change at all.

- Croagunk: The Snivy of DP. Smart, devious, tough, a little bit arrogant, and an utter joy to watch. By far and away the most entertaining... erm, Brock Blocker. The concept of a trainer getting pushed around by his own Pokemon, one that isn't even disobedient, was just too funny. He gave new life to a predictable and tired gag, and backed it up being a badass and a tough battler as well.

Back
Top Bottom