• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your favorite Pokemon?

My top 20:
1. Serperior
2. Froslass
3. Ampharos
4. Meowstic (male)
5. Xatu
6. Altaria
7. Vivillon
8. Girafarig
9. Lapras
10. Leafeon
11. Meganium
12. Sceptile
13. Venusaur
14. Espeon
15. Roserade
16. Gourgeist
17. Decidueye
18. Azumarill
19. Torterra
20. Gogoat

Last edited:
I'm going to list my top three; if I try to list more than that, I will be here all night.

1) Golett and Golurk
These two are and will always be my absolute favorites. I thought I had favorites before I saw these two but they proved me wrong. I fell in love hard when I met them. I had wanted a giant robot for years and Golurk delivered. And Golett? Well, you can't tell me that little face isn't the cutest thing ever. They will always be my babies. Always.

2) Bisharp
She looks awesome and her typing is amazing. She became my lovely Fairy killer in Kalos and the perfect partner to my Golurk. I love her dearly. (Yes, mine is a female. I only work with females when it comes to Bisharp. I see her as an anti-Gardevoir of sorts.)

3) Sawk
What can I say about this guy? He busted his hump to get me wins in Unova and he's freaking adorable. If it wasn't for my Sawk, I'd probably still be ambivalent at best when it comes to pure Fighting types. Not a lot of people like this guy but if you give him a chance, he'll win you over.

There are a lot more I could list. But as I said, I'd be here all night and I'd like to sleep sometime . :)

Yes, mine is a female. I only work with females when it comes to Bisharp. I see her as an anti-Gardevoir of sorts.

As a big Gardevoir fan, I quite like this dynamic.

Also (y) for Sawk

For me, Greninja and Hydreigon are at the very top of my favorites list. I just can't choose between them. As for some of the others, in no particular order:
Typhlosion, Heliolisk, Tapu Lele, Brionne, Primarina, Lycanroc Midnight Form, Sylveon, Sceptile, Dragonair, Lucario, Glaceon, Golisopod, Lugia, Luxray, Braixen, Serperior, Latios.

Last edited:
There are a lot I like and it's hard to say, so I'll list my top 6 from each generation ("team of favorites")
1: Starmie, Vileplume, Magneton, Venomoth, Omastar, Clefable
2: Ubmreon, Chinchou, Espeon, Porygon2, Sudowoodo, Xatu
3: Claydol, Lunatone, Banette, Dusclops, Gardevoir, Masquerain
4: Magnezone, Mismagius, Mesprit, Roserade, Bronzong, Tangrowth
5: Chandelure, Sigilyph, Whimsicott, Cofagigrigus, Serperior, Beheeyem
6: Slurpuff, Trevenant, Vivillon (Monsoon), Floette-Eternal, Gourgeist, Sylveon
7: Mimikyu, Tapu Lele, Palossand, Lunala, Celesteela, Nihilego

Last edited:
Just 20 for starters.

1. Liligant
2. Lurantis
3. Midreavus
4. Teddiursa
5. Starmie
6. Mimikyu
7. Haunter
8. Ninetales (Alolan)
9. Lycanroc (Moon)
10. Latias
11. Celebi
12. Tsareena
13. Grovyle
14. Hydregion
15. Dragonair
16. Dragonite
17. Gourgeist
18. Glaceon
19. Murkrow
20. Arcanine

1. Sableye
2. Shedinja
3. Golisopod
4. Decidueye
5. Gliscor

Normal-Dunsparce
Fighting-Toxicroak
Grass-Decidueye/Serperior
Fire-Chandelure/Houndoom
Water-Golisopod/Sharpedo
Electric-Rotom/Togedemaru/Charjabug
Rock-Minior/Sudowoodo
Ground-Gliscor
Flying-Murkrow
Ice-Rotom Frost
Ghost-Sableye/Cofagrigus
Bug-Shedinja/Vespiquen
Dark-Crawdaunt
Psychic-Reuniclus
Poison-Toxapex/Alolan Muk
Steel-Kartana
Dragon-Haxorus
Fairy-Klefki/Mimikyu

Last edited:
I would have to say that I like the Pika-clones the best. There's something kind of sweet about getting to own an adorable little electric rodent in every gen. If I had to rank them, it would be:

1. Emolga
2. Dedenne
3. Plusle & Minun
4. Pachirisu
5. Togedemaru

Besides the Pika-clones, my other favorite would have to be Raichu. I've loved it ever since Gen I, where I had one that was nicknamed "Raichess" ("Righteous", because 90s slang). Now I own three plushies of it (regular, Kuttari Cutie and Alolan).

Just at the top of my head, some of my top favorites include: Feraligatr, Magmar/Magmortar, Heracross, Gallade, the Gastly line, and Electabuzz/Electivire.

But I could list a lot of Pokémon that could probably count as favorites.

Zoroark is my number one. Its ability is really unique and it can be quite a powerhouse if it's trained up properly. Tricky to use, but great for some fun mind games!

Design wise, my favourite Pokemon is a lot tougher to choose. I love the designs of Lucario, Blaziken, Sceptile, and Greninja, but choosing a favourite between the four of those is near impossible.

Super loaded question, as I have tons of favorites. My overall favorite, the dearest to my heart, is the Mudkip line (my first starter). I'm also a huge fan of Lucario, Gardevoir, Nidoking, Crobat, the Eevee family (especially Espeon and Umbreon)... Raichu, Metagross, Salamence, Flygon, Altaria, Decidueye, Ribombee, Incineroar, Minior, Arcanine........and so on.

My top 5 are pretty much tied, and I find it really hard to choose a definite favourite out of them. They are:
  • Virizion
  • Incineroar
  • Blaziken
  • Snivy
  • Samurott
They are followed closely by:
  • Raikou
  • Spritzee
  • Jolteon
  • Black Kyurem
  • Salazzle
  • Kartana
  • Lopunny
  • Lycanroc (Midnight)
  • Empoleon
  • Dragonair
  • Giratina
  • Wailord
  • Shaymin
  • Breloom
  • Chesnaught

Last edited:
ayyyyy i think it's about time I updated this list

1. Sableye
2. Shedinja
3. Golisopod
4. Gliscor
5.Toxicroak
Normal-Dunsparce/Smeargle/Ditto
Fighting-Toxicroak
Grass-Decidueye/Serperior/Carnivine
Fire-Chandelure/Houndoom/Darmanitan
Water-Golisopod/Sharpedo/Pyukumuku
Electric-Rotom/Togedemaru/Charjabug
Rock-Minior/Sudowoodo
Ground-Gliscor/Trapinch
Flying-Murkrow
Ice-Rotom Frost
Ghost-Sableye/Cofagrigus
Bug-Shedinja/Vespiquen/Araquanid
Dark-Crawdaunt/Scrafty/Purrloin
Psychic-Reuniclus/Wobbuffet
Poison-Toxapex/Alolan Muk/UB Adhesive
Steel-Kartana
Dragon-Alolan Exeggutor/Haxorus
Fairy-Klefki/Mimikyu

1a. Charizard
1b. Nidoking
3. Hydreigon
4. Kangaskhan
5. Sawsbuck
6. Ninetails/Aloan Ninetales
7. Decidueye
8. Flareon
9. Braviary
10. Raichu

I definitely can't choose only 10. I am not capable of this. So I made some group-ups with my fav ones. So here is my Top30 :

1. All Time Favorite
Bulbasaur- Ivysaur - Venusaur

2. Starters
Oshawott - Dewott - Samurott
Rowlet - Decidueye
Grovlye - Sceptile

3. Pokemon that i used A LOT
Ninetales - Raichu - Pidgeot

4. Adorable ones
Buizel - Wooper

5. Ones that i always trust
Ampharos - Breloom - Lycanroc

6. Later gen evolutions
Roserade - Gliscor - Froslass

7. Eeveelutions
Vaporeon - Espeon

8. No Evolution
Lapras - Hawlucha

9. Wonderful Design
Gigalith - Volcarona - Noivern

10. Love for no reason
Masquerain - Toxapex

Honorable Mentions
Mimikyu - Mudsdale - Kingdra - Phantump - Chandelure

Last edited:
See now this is really hard to pick just one or two Pokemon. While my profile page does have my single favorite from each Gen I don't feel that does enough justice. So here are my top 6 from each Gen. If I played a Gen using just Pokemon introduced in that Gen this would be my team for it.

Gen 1: Nidoking, Snorlax, Gengar, Nidoqueen, Aerodactyl, Electabuzz

Gen 2: Scizor, Kingdra, Heracross, Typhlosion, Crobat, Umbreon

Gen 3: Milotic, Gardevoir, Salamence, Aggron, Absol, Mawile

Gen 4: Ambipom, Infernape, Porygon-Z, Staraptor, Lopunny, Lucario

Gen 5: Chandelure, Volcarona, Zoroark, Lilligant, Excadrill, Litwick (yes I like Litwick as much as Chandelure)

Gen 6: Hawlucha, Talonflame, Noivern, Aurorus, Gourgeist, Goodra

Gen 7: Silvally, Mimikyu, Lunala, Lycanroc (any of its forms really. I like them all the same) Primarina, Kommo-o

Back
Top Bottom