• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your favorite Weapons, Abilities and/or Spells in Video Games?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Title.

So yeah, I got bored made a new thread. It's not many off the top of my head, but here are a few I listed. May add more later via editing.

• R.Y.N.O. (Ratchet & Clank (2002)): Grinding the number of bolts necessary for this was so worth it. All the R.Y.N.O.s in this series are cool, but there's something special about the first one! Also look at this thing, it's a beast!
  • Lava Gun / Liquid Nitrogen Gun (Ratchet & Clank 2 / 3: Excellent crowd control weapon, better than any typical flamethrower.
  • Mr. Zurkon (Various Ratchet & Clank games): A sadistic wise cracking robot that fights by your side.
  • Groovitron (Various Ratchet & Clank games): It's a disco ball that force enemies to dance and leaves them vulnerable to other attacks. It's a very entertaining weapon as every enemy and boss has their own unique dance animation!
  • Winterizer (Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus): A gun that transforms enemies into snowman while playing Jingle Bell! I'm not making this up.
  • Army of Hades (God of War (2005)): Best power ever, summons souls of the dead from the underworld to fight with you, and it can totally destroy the final boss leveled up.
  • Claws of Hades (God of War III): Basically cruel chains with hooks at the end that could steal victims souls. They had a perfect fluidity when attacking with them and had a magic attack that's just like the Army of Hades only better as you could summon souls of various monsters once leveled up like Cerberus, Gorgons, a Cyclops!
  • Plasma Cutter (Dead Space series): I remember loving this weapon the most despite not having played the Dead Space games in years. It's not actually meant to be a gun, but rather a futuristic cutting tool for miners and engineers. It has a unique secondary fire ability, and rotates it to fire horizontally or vertically which is helpful as the games main gimmick were to defeat enemies by aiming for the limbs. Plasma Cutter only runs were so much fun with this baby as with all upgrades its fire rates fast, it has a fast reload speed and is surprisingly strong.
  • Meteor Strike (Destroy All Humans! 2): Summons a meteor from outer space to come down on whatever the gun marks, and can totally annihilate tanks, S.A.M. launchers, and even level buildings without you needing to get into your flying saucer.

Last edited:
  • Hailstorm Blade (Azure Striker Gunvolt 2) - my favorite of Copen's EX weapons and one I find myself constantly using. Pretty much as the name says, it creates ice swords that you launch at enemies and slashes them. They also go through walls which helps in getting enemies behind them; sucks that it's mid-range though and has it's fair share of weaknesses, but it's still fun for me to use.
  • Aureola (Fire Emblem Binding Blade & Blazing Sword) - my favorite of the Light magic in the series. Simply put I just really like it's animation, seeing a holy light shine down on your enemy before narrowing into a beam with a light ball coming down on them with an explosion like effect, pretty cool imo.
  • Book of Naga (Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War) - summoning a dragon god to attack the enemy and getting your stats buffed is just awesome. It also appears in Awakening but the animation in that one is disappointing compared to GotHW.
  • Shiva (Final Fantasy series) - my top favorite summon in the series. Specifically her summon animations in VIII (breaking out of her ice crystal) and XV (freezing not only the enemy but Noctis as well) are my favorites.
  • Ramses (Golden Sun series) - another summon I like. I specifically like his animation in Dark Dawn where he breaks out of his pyramid and shoots his fist at the enemy.
  • Lances (Valkyria Chronicles series) - used by one of my favorite classes in the series, Lancers. This anti-tank weapon is great for attacking armored vehicles with the armor breaking warhead on it's tip that explodes on impact.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom