• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are Your Favourite & Least Moves?

Mariner

Fan of Water Pokemon
Reaction score
As the title explains, this thread is to find out everybody's favourite moves. List your favorite & least favourite moves and, if it applies, whether it is a TM or HM. If you want, list why it is your favourite.

My favourite moves:

Metronome (can be any move)

Hydro Cannon (the most powerful Water move)

Least Favourite:

Splash (useless)

Favorite: Metronome
Least favorite: Double team/any other evasion moves, since the NPC trainers never agreed to have evasion clause.

From the top of my head:
Favorite:
-Aura Sphere
-Roar of Time
-Spatial Rend
-Shadow Force
-Close Combat
-Bullet Punch
-Fake Out
-Faint Attack
-DragonBreath
-Air Slash
-Hydro Pump
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Leaf Blade
-Blaze Kick

Least favorite:
-Double Team (I hate it when annoyers like Umbreon and Milotic spam it)
-Splash (it does nothing! What was GameFreak thinking?)
-Hammer Arm (I hate its Speed lowering side effect)

Last edited:
Why hate splash?
It's supposed to be useless, so Magikarp become awfully bad and totally worthless...
Yea, suppose thats enough reason to hate it..

Metronome has been my favorite move for a long time. :3 I remember using all my PP ups on it because it only has 10 PP at first. xD

My least favorite moves are the OHKO moves like Horn Drill and Sheer Cold. Really, that just defeats the whole purpose and strategy of the game.

Metronome has been my favorite move for a long time. :3 I remember using all my PP ups on it because it only has 10 PP at first. xD

My least favorite moves are the OHKO moves like Horn Drill and Sheer Cold. Really, that just defeats the whole purpose and strategy of the game.

but their ridiculously low accuracy also makes them a serious gamble, and gambles can be a legit form of strategizing, believe it or not (for that matter, strategizing is supposed to be a type of gamble in itself, as nobody can guarantee a 100% victory).

I can't name my favorite attack, but I think my least favorite has gotta be Razor Wind. Splash, at least, is a funny novelty and serves the purpose of making Koiking even harder to raise for the first 15 levels (as it's apparently impossible for the game to have Pokemon with no attacks at all, at least not without some kind of glitches, so why not have a filler that essentially acts as a non-attack?). I hear it also scores quite high in Cute contests. Razor Wind, on the other hand, is complete shit. Charging for an 80-power attack, Skull Bash could at least raise Defense in generation 2, being a Normal-type attack really makes it have trouble sticking out (it says something when even the HM Strength can accomplish the same amount of damage without charging), and no Pokemon learns it at a point where it'd be in anyway practical. I mean, if it was learned at low levels before all those 80+ attacks start coming around, especially if it's on a Pokemon that could be caught early in the game well before more TMs are available (usually by the time you reach the city with a department store), then yeah, 80 power at the expense of charging might be worth considering (though attacking on the second turn really doesn't help it either... honestly, even the much-hated Hyper Beam could be favorable since it's at least used before the Pokemon's completely helpless, to say nothing of its massive power). Oh, and in generation 4, they changed it into a special attack even though the majority of Pokemon who learn it are more physical-oriented.

Favorite:
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Blaze Kick
- Roar of Time
- Outrage
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Thrash
- Aura Sphere
- etc.

Least Favorite:
- Can't think of one..

My favourite's got to be Metronome. I love the radom funness of it, even when it backfires horribly. Least favourite? Well, opponent's decreasing my accuracy or increasing their evasiveness can be annoying, but I like doing it back to them. Sometimes spamming sand attack is the only way to win! So I can't hate the accuracy changers. Now, moves like Teleport, Whirlwind and Roar are annoying, when my catch flees; but the worst of the bunch are Selfdestruct and Explosion. You found a wild Graveller! It used Explosion! Grah! Annoying thing!

My favorite is Earthquake and least favorite is Splash because it's useless and the Fishermen with their Magikarp annoy me.. -_-

Right now, my favs are leaf blade, bullet seed, roar of time, magical leaf, and I forget the rest lol.

My least favs are double team. Just bugs me lol.

These can be both my favorite and least favorite depending on the situation:

Spore
Softboiled
Recover
Earthquake

My favorite moves:
Surf
Ice beam
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
and anything else like that.

Least favorite:
Giga Impact
Hyper beam
Etc.

My favorite:
-Trick
-Taunt
-ThunderWave
-Will-O-Wisp
-Counter
-Explosion

Least Favorite:
-Pretty much everything else...most are all copies of one another in a way.

Favourites:

-Lava Plume
-Eruption
-Blaze Kick
-Aqua Jet
-Blizzard
-Ice Shard
-Metronome
-Snatch
-Energy Ball
-Close Combat

Least Favourite:

-Stealth Rock

Favorite:
Extrasensory
Psychic
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Signal Beam
Elemental Punches
Tri Attack
Trick Room
Brick Break
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Stone Edge
Hypnosis
Shadow Sneak
Night Slash
Magical Leaf
Aerial Ace

Least Favourite:
Splash
Water Sport
Mud Sport
Mud Slap
Giga Impact
Hyper Beam
Stealth Rock

Do like:
* Aura Sphere
* Metronome
* Water Spout
* Eruption
* Solarbeam (during sunshine)
* Grass Knot
* Aerial Ace

Do not like:
* Explosion
* Selfdestruct
* U-turn
* Acupressure (when used by foe)
* Sand-Attack (when used by foe)
* Double Team (when used by foe)

Favorite:
Aura Sphere
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Psychic
etc.

Least favorite:
Splash
Tackle
Growl
etc.

I don't think I could narrow it down to one now, and I don't wanna make a big list, but back in Generation I it was Hyper Beam. I loved the moves that made the screen turn black.

I really like moves that always hit (Aura Sphere, Magical Leaf, Faint Attack).

I really hate (and refuse to use) moves that confuse the opponent (Confuse Ray, Swagger, Supersonic, Water Pulse, etc). I just think they're cheap ways to winning. (Which is why I do not ever battle competitively. xD)

I really like Toxic, Earthquake, Energy Ball and Bubblebeam. There are many other lovely moves too, but those four are my favourite ones. Bubblebeam was my first favourite move, I loved its animation and sound effects in Gen I :D. Toxic is just a mean, nasty and lovely move, Earthquake is simply powerfull and I love ground type pokémons. Energy Ball then has really lovely animation.

My least favourite are nearly all those moves, which have very little PP. And of course I hate Sand-Attack and Double Team, those are annoying.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom