• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are Your Favourite & Least Moves?

I forgot to add Psycho-Shift to my list, it's a very useful move.

@Iteru: lol you didn't really have to go out of your way to explain it to him.

My favorite move would probably have to be Sacred Fire, if only because it's Ho-oh exclusive, fire-type, and looks really cool. My least favorite move would probably be Confuse Ray/Supersonic, because when NPCs use it, you're trapped for at least a few turns, and you never hit, but when you use it, they either get out the next turn or never hit themselves.

I sort of stray from the status inflicting moves, and stick more to the heavily physical moves, you know?

Me too. It's a crude strategy, but I tend to rely on offense in the form of physical attacks.

I like a lot of damage inflicting moves, but of all moves, I've got to say Toxic is my favorite. It really can wind up dealing out a large amount of damage.

And yeah, I really don't like Splash.

I took out my Togekiss for a spin the other day to try out Metronome (I haven't taken him out in a while). I like the "random fun-ness" of it but I don't think that I would rely on it. Sometimes you get lucky and Metronome shoots off an uber-powerful move, but you also risk landing something useless. It's frustrating trying to train my Togekiss since all of his other moves are status-inflicting ones, and Metronome is the only offense, and I don't even know if it's going to BE offense or not. Still, it can get you out in a pinch since it has no set type.

My faves are Metronome, Assist, and Sleep Talk, because they are so random (although the randomness does depreciate down the line). They're fun to use. I would love to see a Gym Leader (early-game) specializing in using those attacks...

Incidentally, they also happen to be my least favorite moves--like when my Clefable at 5 HP decides to use Harden instead of, say, Draco Meteor.

Oh, I forgot Transform and Sketch. Taking revenge by attacking with a foe's ultimate moves is sweet.

I love Metronome. I have had whole teams of Clefairy just so I could go out and use metronome 800 times, just to see how the battles would go.

Second to that is Tri-Attack, and then Aurora Beam.

Least favorites are the Suicide Moves and Double Team.

These moves using sketch four times on Smeargle: Lock on, Sheer Cold, Earthquake (for those that have sturdy) and Wish or Recover

Moves I don't like: Flail (I got KO'd by a stantler with flail and my pokemon (forget which) was much stronger than it), Splash and Explosion or Self Destruct.

My favorite is Leech Seed. Its helped me out so many times over the years. My least favorite Helping Hand, just because its so useless to me.

I like Flash cannon, a beutiful move...
On the other hand, now i can't resolve myslef from removing it from my Lucario...

The endure, explosion and endeavor trio isnt bad either... then you need to add a good trustful move like flamethrower, icebeam or earthquake

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom