• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your favourite places to visit in the main series videogames

Circhester City - I love the Roman bath reference. Plus, the music, Snom, and it's cold, and I like it cold. =P

I do sort of feel like snow improves my feeling about any video game location. Most of my favorite locations in From Software games just happen to be icy (I'm looking at you, Castle Cainhurst). So Circhester City also felt good to me.

Other feelings about Gen 8 aside, I loved the designs and feelings of the towns. I've got MASSIVE nostalgia goggles for the rest of the series, but just given how Galar LOOKS, it's hard for me to look back and say there are places I enjoy the aesthetics or feelings of more.

I do sort of feel like snow improves my feeling about any video game location. Most of my favorite locations in From Software games just happen to be icy (I'm looking at you, Castle Cainhurst). So Circhester City also felt good to me.

Other feelings about Gen 8 aside, I loved the designs and feelings of the towns. I've got MASSIVE nostalgia goggles for the rest of the series, but just given how Galar LOOKS, it's hard for me to look back and say there are places I enjoy the aesthetics or feelings of more.

I personally am not fond of snow at all, but nonetheless the one miss I feel Galar has with its city designs would be not enough snow. To me it makes sense, and would be way cooler, for Wyndon to be on the top of a mountain. To have that hill you crest when approaching it, instead of cresting it and it being snow free in that last stretch, to be more like cresting the lip of a mountain summit or something, with snow falling all throughout the city. I understand why they didn't do that, but wouldn't it have been cool if they did?

I agree overall, Galar cities are very well designed and look fantastic in general. Hammerlocke is my favorite city in there personally, and my favorite place to visit, for a lot of reasons, the largest of which is the aesthetics. However Circhester is indeed a cool city, as are Ballonlea and several others.

My favorite place in HeartGold, the other game I'm playing currently, is the Whirl Islands, assuming I've got enough Repels to prevent it from being a massive headache :D I like the design and concept behind it, plus the waterfall basin is a great looking area, and the music is nice.

Kanto: I really like the cycling road. It's a good spot for training and hatching eggs.
Johto: Cherrygrove City. I know it's pretty much empty and there's not much going on here but I love the music.
Hoenn: route 120 during the night in ORAS. The reflection of the starry sky is gorgeous.
Sinnoh: The underground. Honestly it's my favorite part of the game, mining is entertaining I could do it for hours.
Unova: Route 10 (BW1) or Route 23 (BW2) mainly because of the music in these routes.
Kalos: route 14. It's my favorite because it's gloomy and mysterious and I really like the scary house and the music. Also route 15 and 16 because of the aesthetics and again, the music. I also like the Parfum Palace because it's such a nice place. One of the last beautiful places in a pokemon game. And finally the forest (I think it was route 20? I'm not sure) because it's the only route to be a forest and a route and a maze.
Alola: Kalae Bay is nice and I sort of like the way it's sort of concealed and separate from the rest of the island.
Galar: Glimwood Tangle. It's the only place in hallway land- err sorry, Galar that I like. I also like the aesthetics for the Slumbering Weald but the music gets on my nerves so I don't really like going there all that much.

Last edited:
The shrine at the heart of the Slumbering Weald is a really nice place to just hang around. It's so quiet and tranquil, and the rainbow water looks so pretty.

I'm the same way, but with rain (which I'm obsessed with in real life, too), although it occurs to me now that nowhere in Galar features overworld rain besides the Wild Area (in fact, I believe it's the first region with this characteristic since Gen 3 Kanto, or Let's Go Kanto). Outer Spikemuth is constantly overcast, I guess, which explains why I like flying there fairly often, but that's not the same thing. Now that I'm thinking about it, it seems like kind of an odd omission considering how much it rains in the real U.K.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom