• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers What are your feelings on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

What is your opinion on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's reveal? [Max. 2 Choices]

• It's an attempt at a quick cash grab

Votes: 34 23.0%
  • Reserving judgement till more information

Votes: 73 49.3%
  • I like this reveal

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • A third version/third version pair on the Switch would be better

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • I'd have preferred ANY other reveal, for any console, but not Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Votes: 19 12.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Well, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have recieved very different reactions than most main series games. Some consider that the effort is not worth $80, some say that sequels would be better, and a few say that a Switch version would be better.

This is a thread intending to discuss the community's feelings on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

My opinion is that we should wait for more information, since there are sequel-esque elements in USUM. I'll be seeing the future news before reserving judgement on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
I admit that a Switch version would be better on some fronts, but there may be reason that GF is waiting, possibly for a grand start with Generation VIII.
I don't think Sinnoh remakes would be feasible seeing that they would have to make the entire region in 3D, and the Switch would be a better choice for the remakes, but I'm not sure that would be possible due to time constraints.

P.S: please inform me if you'd like to see any other option on the poll

10 second of the trailer is good, I would have to wait for them to reveal more information to get thing excited, I just hope they don't get datamined this time.

I am reserving more judgement till more information but I would've definitely preferred any other reveal. I just have no interest in revisiting Alola so soon, no matter how many differences it has. It's still the same region with the same starters and probably mostly the same characters. If I want that, I can just replay SM.

I just hope they don't get datamined this time.

Keep dreaming :p The only way for it to not get datamined is for them to not give us a demo. ORAS was datamined and GF didn't learn a thing for it, so I doubt they'll start now.

I think people need to wait and see what they did change in the game itself.

- Starters movesets
- pokemon movesets
- water compaction???
- new forms and abilities
-z-move modifications in abilities and powers

maybe really Alola to soon but they want to show some important changes with it?
or after our internet criticism they wanted to focus on reparing the flaws they self seen and that what we have noticed?
let GF try, after some generations its going better and maybe they will start to react more to fans.

Keep dreaming :p The only way for it to not get datamined is for them to not give us a demo. ORAS was datamined and GF didn't learn a thing for it, so I doubt they'll start now.

Have they ever released demos for games set in the same generation and region as previous games? A USUM demo might be a tad redundant unless they want to give special benefits like Extra Steelix/Glalie mega-stones and Ash-Greninja (again).

Have they ever released demos for games set in the same generation and region as previous games? A USUM demo might be a tad redundant unless they want to give special benefits like Extra Steelix/Glalie mega-stones and Ash-Greninja (again).

Well we never got demos at all when third versions were a thing, ORAS was the very first demo we got, so there's nothing to compare with. I agree it would be a bit redundant to make a demo for something that is mostly the same game, but on the other hand their demos seem to indeed be mostly meant to hand out special benefits. So just for that reason alone I could see them doing another demo for these games. Or maybe USUM has some new features they want to show off in a demo, or new Pokémon/forms.

I mean, the SM demo seemed to mostly exist to promote Ash-Greninja. Hell, maybe we'll be able to get Marshadow through the demo, that would be pretty cool.

I would've preferred literally any other reveal, tbh. I think it's a super cheap and lazy cash grab. But I'll give them a chance, albeit small.

Excited! SM are my favorites since Gen IV. The story's great and I'm really hyped to see what the new storyline will entail and about the Necrozma fused box legends~ And I like that the female PC has long hair now~ X3

I would have liked DP remakes, but USUM as an essential "Stars" is the next best thing for me, so I'm personally pleased~

I'm disappointed by default because Sun/Moon were very disappointing and a rehash of them was the last thing on my wanted list. However, there's too little information to properly judge them at this point. I do think it's inevitable they will remain unexciting, but not much has been shown so I have to reserve judgment.

I'm waiting for more information to be revealed, but at least it's better than moving on to the next generation after only one pair of games. I'd still rather GF have waited before doing another regional revisit, especially since Kalos didn't even get one, but that only applies if USUM turns out to be an overhyped dual third version.

I'm not entirely ready to rule it out, but I highly doubt it'll be an interesting update. There's just not as much to build on here as past regions, and especially BW2 which really raised the bar in terms of what we can expect from a revisit to a previous region. There's some things they can do with the storyline, but not as much with the region or the regional dex to really make it as exciting as BW2 was.

Some part of me is looking forward to seeing what they'll do, since these kinds of games are typically Pokemon's best. Or at least, they're he ones with the most value. But releasing an alternate take on the story rather than a sequel seems like a huge missed opportunity, since there were plenty of cliffhangers from the original to work with. It's going to have to be something really special to be interesting.

Last edited:
I've never been disappointed with 3rd versions and I can't see why these could be any worse then what we already have seen in the past. At worst they're moderate improments at best they could have a very new and refreshing story.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom