• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers What are your feelings on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

What is your opinion on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's reveal? [Max. 2 Choices]

• It's an attempt at a quick cash grab

Votes: 34 23.0%
  • Reserving judgement till more information

Votes: 73 49.3%
  • I like this reveal

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • A third version/third version pair on the Switch would be better

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • I'd have preferred ANY other reveal, for any console, but not Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Votes: 19 12.8%

• Total voters
Nonetheless, it's more than we've got in the past.
The only reason why everything feels slow is because with SM they gave us news every other week.

No, it feels slow because people are remembering the parts of pre-release when they gave us frequent updates and not the parts where we waited an eternity and a half for actual news. This is a constant issue for every game, the reasons why people are complaining about it is because

1. Impatience for real news, all the while forgetting all of the other times they've complained about no news
2. It's a third version and there's no selling point for it yet

The latter is more of a legitimate complaint because that's the entire purpose of pre-release marketing, revealing a game does nothing if no one knows why they should want it.

We need some move tutors to spice things up (Ice punch/fire punch Tapu Koko please). I wonder if they'll update the battle tree? I have full confidence they'll deliver something real good, probably just don't want things to be data mined again. They spoiled us on the last game with the onslaught of news we feasted on, now its a famine lol It'll make us appreciate the game more I think, but one little tiny piece of news would be nice... Maybe they'll show something during worlds, I saw somewhere that every year for the past 4 years, they showed at least one thing, last year was Crabrawler.
If they don't want datamine, they can simply withhold a demo from us I guess (or protect/hide their files better..lolright)
I'm sure something will come around early august and/or before worlds..and if not, then at worlds

Not to mention many movepool overhauls :LOL: so many disappointing movepools in general.

Speaking of which... it's not a Gen VII Pokemon, but my old favorite, Phanpy, is far overdue for a movepool improvement lol

Maybe Phanpy will get an alolan variant instead of a movepool overhaul..there's still hope
I personally hope poor forgotten octillery stops being forgotten and gets..something

But yeah, overall, some gen7 pokemon are in some serious need of a movepool overhaul..it's not unheard of since XY to ORAS changed some level-up movesets and/or movepools overall( Poor Masquerain is so crippled in XY). I recall Shinx line among others in Sinnoh also had a level-up moveset change from DP to Pt. There is hope for that too o/

No, it feels slow because people are remembering the parts of pre-release when they gave us frequent updates and not the parts where we waited an eternity and a half for actual news. This is a constant issue for every game, the reasons why people are complaining about it is because

1. Impatience for real news, all the while forgetting all of the other times they've complained about no news
2. It's a third version and there's no selling point for it yet

The latter is more of a legitimate complaint because that's the entire purpose of pre-release marketing, revealing a game does nothing if no one knows why they should want it.

I agree that people have a right to complain about not even being shown a selling point for the games yet, since despite BW2 not showing much at all, they at least showed enough to let people know that the games are sequels and have actual differences and new characters. I'm sure we will get something and it's just a matter of time though

I'm expecting something the first week of August, since the Japanese toys with the question mark "?" covering new models (likely new forms or something) are being shown on the 10th, iirc.

I agree that people have a right to complain about not even being shown a selling point for the games yet, since despite BW2 not showing much at all, they at least showed enough to let people know that the games are sequels and have actual differences and new characters. I'm sure we will get something and it's just a matter of time though

Actually BW2 gave us even less to go on when it was announced, all we had was the names and Kyurem forms, no trailer or anything. We really didn't understand what BW2 was until that big news dump in April.

Actually BW2 gave us even less to go on when it was announced, all we had was the names and Kyurem forms, no trailer or anything. We really didn't understand what BW2 was until that big news dump in April.

At least we knew it was an actual sequel. That was enough to keep me interested back then, at least.

I guess I don't know that well what exactly got revealed.. I remember prior to XY, I didn't follow pokemon game reveals so closely and just hyped on the very revelation of a new title... Looking back, those were the days, now we got spoiled. I do remember seeing the reveals in April and felt completely convinced that I need nothing else to know/see before release

At least we knew it was an actual sequel. That was enough to keep me interested back then, at least.

Yeap, same here. The very first ever sequels announced got me pretty hyped back then...the funniest part was that I hated Unova at the time and BW2 still got me hyped..then I played W2 and replayed blakc later on... suddenly realized Unova was the best set out there.

Well we didn't really know what that meant then because it was the first sequel, we didn't know how Pokemon would approach the concept of a sequel. We could make guesses sure, and some of us were probably right, but we still had no confirmed information about what that revelation meant for the game. In that respect, we still had the same kind of uncertainty during that period that we find ourselves in now.

I guess I don't know that well what exactly got revealed.. I remember prior to XY, I didn't follow pokemon game reveals so closely and just hyped on the very revelation of a new title... Looking back, those were the days, now we got spoiled. I do remember seeing the reveals in April and felt completely convinced that I need nothing else to know/see before release

Here's the way BW2's news cycle went:

February 25, 2012- Games were revealed with nothing more than the names and the Kyurem forms.
-2 month news drought-
April 13, 2012- CoroCoro leaks reveal the first batch of actual news for BW2. New protagonists, Hugh, Roxie, Marlon, and Colress are revealed. New map of the region is shown with ice covering a lot of the map (used similarly to the way clouds were used, to hide areas they didn't want revealed yet). Aspertia City revealed. Expanded Unova Dex was revealed along with several of the Pokemon added to it (Psyduck, Riolu, Metagross, Lapras, Arcanine, and Tyranitar).
May 12, 2012- CoroCoro leaks for this month. Cheren and Bianca's new designs and roles are revealed for this game. Kami Trio's Therian forms revealed. Pokestar Studios and Pokemon World Tournament revealed.
June 3, 2012- Join Avenue revealed by a Japanese blog
June 13, 2012- CoroCoro leaks for this month. Details on how to change forms for Keldeo Resolute form and Kami Trio's Therian forms. Reversal Mountain revealed. Elesa's new gym and design revealed. Reveal of some version exclusives including Buneary line/Magby line and Skitty line/Elekid line.

I skipped over a few other minor reveals such as new Pokemon in the Unova Dex (which we saw sporadically over the course of the pre-release), but this is generally the way the pre-release went.

So far, this news cycle may follow that one. We had an initial reveal with almost nothing shown and there's been almost a 2 month drought, leaving only a few months to reveal new content (although if new info does come in August it'll have one more month of reveals than BW2 did, but an August reveal would fit the general timeframe for BW2's news cycle).

Well we didn't really know what that meant then because it was the first sequel, we didn't know how Pokemon would approach the concept of a sequel. We could make guesses sure, and some of us were probably right, but we still had no confirmed information about what that revelation meant for the game. In that respect, we still had the same kind of uncertainty during that period that we find ourselves in now.

Here's the way BW2's news cycle went:

February 25, 2012- Games were revealed with nothing more than the names and the Kyurem forms.
-2 month news drought-
April 13, 2012- CoroCoro leaks reveal the first batch of actual news for BW2. New protagonists, Hugh, Roxie, Marlon, and Colress are revealed. New map of the region is shown with ice covering a lot of the map (used similarly to the way clouds were used, to hide areas they didn't want revealed yet). Aspertia City revealed. Expanded Unova Dex was revealed along with several of the Pokemon added to it (Psyduck, Riolu, Metagross, Lapras, Arcanine, and Tyranitar).
May 12, 2012- CoroCoro leaks for this month. Cheren and Bianca's new designs and roles are revealed for this game. Kami Trio's Therian forms revealed. Pokestar Studios and Pokemon World Tournament revealed.
June 3, 2012- Join Avenue revealed by a Japanese blog
June 13, 2012- CoroCoro leaks for this month. Details on how to change forms for Keldeo Resolute form and Kami Trio's Therian forms. Reversal Mountain revealed. Elesa's new gym and design revealed. Reveal of some version exclusives including Buneary line/Magby line and Skitty line/Elekid line.

I skipped over a few other minor reveals such as new Pokemon in the Unova Dex (which we saw sporadically over the course of the pre-release), but this is generally the way the pre-release went.

So far, this news cycle may follow that one. We had an initial reveal with almost nothing shown and there's been almost a 2 month drought, leaving only a few months to reveal new content (although if new info does come in August it'll have one more month of reveals than BW2 did, but an August reveal would fit the general timeframe for BW2's news cycle).
Overall, it seems that BW2 revealed everything one would need to see to be hyped, despite the 2 month drought..here's hoping that USM will turn out a duo of games on par with BW2

I don't doubt that we will see news in August+ so won't even comment on whether they'll bring any

The thing I'm concern, is the boxart, we already have the official artwork of Solgaleo and Lunaala in Necrozma forms, so why haven't they added it on the boxart. I hope we get a answer next month along with new forms, new tapus, or new UBs.

The thing I'm concern, is the boxart, we already have the official artwork of Solgaleo and Lunaala in Necrozma forms, so why haven't they added it on the boxart. I hope we get a answer next month along with new forms, new tapus, or new UBs.

Since gen 3, Primary versions have used the Sugimori art of their mascots, while remakes and third versions always use different art. Maybe it hasn't been drawn yet.

I hope we get some more news in this month's corocoro, so I can see what else will be in the game itself.

IDK how Game Freak did it, but they made me want USUM even less. Everything we've seen of this game so far makes it look like an afterthought, they probably just have a skeleton crew working on this game while everyone else is working on the Switch game. If I don't like what I see in that first big update that actually tells us what this game is about, I probably won't get it.

It's weird, but I feel as though my conscious decision to pass on Sun and Moon has fuelled that personal hype. Most people I've discuss this topic with have played them and come across as burned out, while I've been able to take some time off by staying out of Gen VII so far. It's been rather refreshing to not stand on the front line after making my competitive splash in Gen VI.

There's also how USUM has already answered one of my big complaints about SM with promises of an altered story. I really don't like SM's story that much so any changes in the right directions are welcomed.

Yeah, unless some news comes up which I really dislike, I probably will get USUM. Another Alola game? Rehash of SM? Who cares, I didn't play those.

@Gengarzilla ughh, I wish I could go into USUM not having played SM. I enjoyed SM, but if I had known they would release superior upgrades only and exaclty 1 year later, I would've waited.
That's pretty much what I've been told, yeah.
I respect that. I'd have been a bit ticked in this position too.

It's weird, but I feel as though my conscious decision to pass on Sun and Moon has fuelled that personal hype. Most people I've discuss this topic with have played them and come across as burned out, while I've been able to take some time off by staying out of Gen VII so far. It's been rather refreshing to not stand on the front line after making my competitive splash in Gen VI.

There's also how USUM has already answered one of my big complaints about SM with promises of an altered story. I really don't like SM's story that much so any changes in the right directions are welcomed.

Yeah, unless some news comes up which I really dislike, I probably will get USUM. Another Alola game? Rehash of SM? Who cares, I didn't play those.
That moment when I played Moon twice and still feel rather hyped to see what USUM will bring because I think Alola could be great if they fixed what was broken there

@Gengarzilla ughh, I wish I could go into USUM not having played SM. I enjoyed SM, but if I had known they would release superior upgrades only and exactly 1 year later, I would've waited.
Tbh, If I also knew they'll be another Alola game release a year later, I would've skip SM to a better version SM, I've skipped BW to play B2W2.

feeling very negative towards usum at the moment. Agree with many above wouldnt have bought sm if I knew they'd release superior upgrades a year later.

I was hoping theyd at least be radically different but 2 months in and the only news is a new colour scheme for midday lycanroc. It seems like they are well and truly out of ideas and are scraping the barrel

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom