• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers What are your feelings on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

What is your opinion on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's reveal? [Max. 2 Choices]

• It's an attempt at a quick cash grab

Votes: 34 23.0%
  • Reserving judgement till more information

Votes: 73 49.3%
  • I like this reveal

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • A third version/third version pair on the Switch would be better

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • I'd have preferred ANY other reveal, for any console, but not Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Votes: 19 12.8%

• Total voters
i need more info, i am also hoping they remove plaza and give us pss back.
please game freak!

Very disappointed with what we ended up with. Definitely felt Kanto remakes or sequels would've been nice, especially with Lillie leaving for Kanto at the end of SM, SM was a great game, it didn't really need a 3rd version, well maybe it did, but when I say 3rd version I mean in the form of Emerald/Platinum, putting the spotlight on Necrozma, the fact that we have to spend double on 3rd versions for content that should've been in a single 3rd version game. I wanted Kanto remakes the most, as I want to see Red, Blue, Lance, and others in 3D, and I think every region needs to be represented on the 3DS or Switch in the coming years, but I would've been content with a sequel to accomplish that being that we got RBY on VC. A Yellow remake would be phenomenal though. Obviously Sinnoh remakes have been a hot topic too and I think, with how well the Sinnoh games utilized the bottom screen, I think we need Sinnoh remakes before the 3DS platform is retired, being that the Switch loses that second screen. A revisit to Alola after playing it twice was the last thing I cared to see.

Very disappointed with what we ended up with. Definitely felt Kanto remakes or sequels would've been nice, especially with Lillie leaving for Kanto at the end of SM, SM was a great game, it didn't really need a 3rd version, well maybe it did, but when I say 3rd version I mean in the form of Emerald/Platinum, putting the spotlight on Necrozma, the fact that we have to spend double on 3rd versions for content that should've been in a single 3rd version game. I wanted Kanto remakes the most, as I want to see Red, Blue, Lance, and others in 3D, and I think every region needs to be represented on the 3DS or Switch in the coming years, but I would've been content with a sequel to accomplish that being that we got RBY on VC. A Yellow remake would be phenomenal though. Obviously Sinnoh remakes have been a hot topic too and I think, with how well the Sinnoh games utilized the bottom screen, I think we need Sinnoh remakes before the 3DS platform is retired, being that the Switch loses that second screen. A revisit to Alola after playing it twice was the last thing I cared to see.
That's one game(duo) I'd never buy if we'd get any form of Kanto rererererereremake

Sinnoh can wait until after the Switch, but I also would've much rather have Kanto sequels than a samey third version of SM. Kanto has infinitely more potential for expansion and exciting improvements than Alola could ever hope to.

Oh well, why not both Sinnoh and Kanto? I guess everyone will be happy then. A console typically gets games for 2 generations... so it isn’t totally out of the realm of possibility.

I don't pay a whole lot of attention to video game news, but was there ever any indication that Kanto remakes/sequels were a possibility?

I wonder how they will do the Pokétch with the Switch.
And if they can only do Kanto or Sinnoh, then it's Kanto which should wait as it appeared in 4 games.

And if they can only do Kanto or Sinnoh, then it's Kanto which should wait as it appeared in 4 games.

In theory they could renovate Kanto so much that it wouldn’t feel like even remotely the same experience as the past four times, two of which were just scaled-down gratuitous bonuses anyway; Johto’s equivalent of Unova’s leftover areas.

There’s a lot more of substance that they can do with Kanto than with Sinnoh. All they’re really going to do with the latter is make it look pretty, and honestly, I’m fine with them taking their sweet time on that if it results in some legitimately fresh ideas in the meantime.

I voted: Reserving judgement till more information

I’m not trying to hijack this thread but I’m new and I don’t know where to post this. I read somewhere that if you pre-order or buy the Ultra Sun/Moon you get an exclusive “special” Lycanroc but I can’t find much information on it.

Can anyone help me out please?

Emily. x

I’m not trying to hijack this thread but I’m new and I don’t know where to post this. I read somewhere that if you pre-order or buy the Ultra Sun/Moon you get an exclusive “special” Lycanroc but I can’t find much information on it.

Emily. x
check the pokemon websites for information about the event rockruff which evolves into dusk lycanroc between 17:00-17:59, but i think it's if you purchase us/um until january something

Emily. x

Basically it’s just that there will be a special Rockruff distribution over Wi-Fi until January 10th; buy the game any time before then and you will be able to download it via Mystery Gift

@Niyuura and @Esserise thank you both so much. I’ve always missed out on the events in the past and I was not sure if this was like an Amazon or Gamestop exclusive pre-order I’ve seen that with a lot of other games recently. Thank you for clarifying I’ve already got my Fan Editions pre-ordered so I’m a happy Buneary just now. <3

Emily x

In theory they could renovate Kanto so much that it wouldn’t feel like even remotely the same experience as the past four times, two of which were just scaled-down gratuitous bonuses anyway; Johto’s equivalent of Unova’s leftover areas.

There’s a lot more of substance that they can do with Kanto than with Sinnoh. All they’re really going to do with the latter is make it look pretty, and honestly, I’m fine with them taking their sweet time on that if it results in some legitimately fresh ideas in the meantime.
Gotta be honest that Kanto games don't really appeal to me regardless (though I would love to see the Sevii Islands again, but not combining that with Kanto seems wrong somehow) Anyway point being, would an extremely revisioned Kanto game still be Kanto? I mean, for me I'd want at least an expanded dex with new forms or mons, new places (but where?) and a sequel also implies it builds onto what happened in the previous instalment, but Johto already kinda did that, so I partly just don't see where they could go. In that sense I prefer USUM (or a Sinnoh remake or something else new)

It's such a shame this nice looking game is stuck on the 3DS, with a sluggish frame rate (even evident in the trailers) and 240p resolution.

Gotta be honest that Kanto games don't really appeal to me regardless (though I would love to see the Sevii Islands again, but not combining that with Kanto seems wrong somehow) Anyway point being, would an extremely revisioned Kanto game still be Kanto? I mean, for me I'd want at least an expanded dex with new forms or mons, new places (but where?) and a sequel also implies it builds onto what happened in the previous instalment, but Johto already kinda did that, so I partly just don't see where they could go. In that sense I prefer USUM (or a Sinnoh remake or something else new)

New locations in Kanto could be added to the north of Cerulean, in the mountains but that's about it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom