• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers What are your feelings on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

What is your opinion on Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon's reveal? [Max. 2 Choices]

• It's an attempt at a quick cash grab

Votes: 34 23.0%
  • Reserving judgement till more information

Votes: 73 49.3%
  • I like this reveal

Votes: 53 35.8%
  • A third version/third version pair on the Switch would be better

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • I'd have preferred ANY other reveal, for any console, but not Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Votes: 19 12.8%

• Total voters
With all the graphic and details, especially many cutscenes, I wonder how it's handling 3DS? If USUM is the last game from 3DS, looks like they're going out of their way to make it better the SM.

I just want to see more Alola Forms at this point; I can take or leave anything else like Walking Pokémon (even though I do think that would be a good idea). More Alola Forms, New Trials, more UB stuff, and a different story are all the things I wanted another Alola game for (and a second Alola game was #2 on my wishlist after Kanto sequels), and we're three-for-four right now. Even Necrozma has my interest a little more piqued now.

Though USUM seem to be better than I expected... I'm still sticking with my choice that I would've preferred any other reveal :p

It's still a third version that makes SuMo look like an unfinished game and that will forever leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Any other reveal would've made me a lot happier and less like I wasted money last year.

After the last few trailer I think I've come a round a bit more than I was before. Am I disappointed it's not a fully new story? Yeah sure I am. That said the brand new elements they've shown seem to be promising and exciting. I think I can get behind it more now than I could back in June fore sure. the final thing that would make me REALLY excited for these games would be new Alolan forms, but as time closes in on their release I have less hope for that. tis a shame, but I suppose I can come to terms with it. Just seems like a wasted opportunity.

I'm very enthusiastic and hyped. New Alolan forms and Walking Pokemon have like a 5% chance of being announced, but the emphasis on the immersion and the expansion of Alola may be definitely worth them. There is the massive overhaul of the Ultra Space, which adds a few hours of playtime, Mantine surf, which fits perfectly in the region and makes for some beautiful scenes and 3D overworld models, which should had happened since XY, and make the world feel much more real. USUM deserves a chance.

Guys, they might not reveal new Alolan forms pre-release. They're probably holding back another UB (to keep the overall number of UBs a prime number), and they never revealed Alolan Geodude and co. pre-release, so they're probably gonna leave us some surprises, yo.

Guys, they might not reveal new Alolan forms pre-release. They're probably holding back another UB (to keep the overall number of UBs a prime number), and they never revealed Alolan Geodude and co. pre-release, so they're probably gonna leave us some surprises, yo.

I like to tell myself that, but then I just feel like I’m grasping at straws. They’re usually pretty information-heavy with their promotional campaigns, and they’ve never held back on revealing new forms before (perhaps the most succinct example of these two points would be the ORAS prerelease, during which they revealed every single new Mega Evolution). In context, even Alolan Geodude was the only Alola form line that they didn’t reveal before the games were released.

Last edited:
I think they are ways for Alolan formes in USUM:
  • They probably won't announce new Alolan formes in USUM, because their won't be any new ones, GF is too focused on Switch to add anymore Alolan formes.
  • They might announce at least one Alolan form to indicate we'll get new ones
  • They might won't announce because they're saving till the release of the game, due to dataminer hacked SM and revealing the rest of Alolan formes
I could see either of the happening for Alolan Forms, but I'm not holding my breath, I think it's a slight chance of not seeing any new ones at all.

They probably won't announce new Alolan formes in USUM, because their won't be any new ones, GF is too focused on Switch to add anymore Alolan formes.

Given that they’re not “too focused on Switch” to add new Ultra Beasts, characters, story elements, forms for other Pokémon, moves, and entire features altogether, we can rule this one out.

So far, so good! The possibility of exploring various Ultra dimensions sounds cool as is. Particularly, the entire plot of the Ultra Megalopolis seems highly promising to me, and I can't wait to learn more about that place and its Ultra Recon Squad.

Yes, the recent trailers have made me even more hopeful of these games, and I am just waiting here anxiously for the games to come out.

did somebody look at the new pokemons movesets really?
Lycanroc line learns by leveling up only physical and status moves and by Tms only 4 special moves?

Thats weird, checked more pokemon this way and found some things odd or fishy about this generation in comparision to previous ones.

Lycanroc line learns by leveling up only physical and status moves and by Tms only 4 special moves?

1. it’s a physical attacker. (Surely you'd realise that after looking at their abilities?). The special attack stat of Midday and Midnight Form is absymal. Lycanroc's Attack is more than double it’s special attack.
2. Rock has very few noteworthy special moves.

You're looking too much into this and it’s nothing fishy.
Also, it seems sort of off topic, no offence...

I pre-ordered both US and UM, but from reading Serebii.net yesterday, I am beginning to look forward to both games. It is believed that the post-game story for both US and UM is bigger than Emerald and Platinum. So I am beginning to feel that both games will be a great sendoff from the 3DS.

I just posted in the rumor thread, it seems like they are gonna have a post game that rivals B2W2 in the end. I am this close to believing, and if they do have as many things as they are noted on video to be hiding, then I am 100% on board. God yes its been far too long having felt this hyped, and in tandem being sure that my expectations will be met. L

They made a pretty big deal in the Famistu magazine interview about how USUM are definitely going to be much more involved than Emerald and Platinum, to which they explicitly compared it to.

Mind you, I still would've preferred Gen IV remakes, because not only would an upgraded Sinnoh Underground be really cool with how far Nintendo Wi-Fi has come since 2007, but I've always felt that it would've been cool if Giratina turned out to be the ruler of Ultra Space, the "Distortion World" was really just what Cyrus called it, and Arceus had sealed Giratina & the other Ultra Beasts away because he knew that they posed a grave danger to the humans and Pokémon of the real world.

But as of this latest trailer and interview, I'm now coming out and saying it: I have finally become excited enough to go ahead and pre-order my copy of Ultra Moon.

Last edited:
I'm considering giving the game a chance with recent news, but...Doubling down on story length doesn't sound very appealing to me, at least not when this follows the 3rd Version format rather than being a sequel. Even if the game introduces different plot points and expands on the lore, it's not as rewarding to me as seeing the world and characters after a timeskip. (I wonder now if they were by any chance considering a sequel with the Ultra Recon Squad being the new threat? *shrug*)

And then some of the things that I didn't like about SM's gameplay are likely to remain. Online is still gonna be the pits compared to Gen 6 with Festival Plaza returning. Rotom Dex is still a-lot less practical than the PokeNav+ apps, unless they're hiding stuff. Doubles and Battle Royal will still have frame-rate dip. Triple and Rotation Battles will still be gone...

At most I think I'll wait a while and buy it cheap.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom