• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

With Kanto having the majority of Poison types, I imagine it to be quite polluted. Most people think of Kanto as modern and technological, and while I agree, I think it of it more as industrial. To back up my theory, some Poison types are even found in water in Kanto. It definitely seems to be very polluted. Kanto (in Gen 1 and III) has numerous abandoned buildings as well.

Lucian (from the Sinnoh elite Four) is Will's (from the Johto Elite Four) father. I mean, both use psychic Pokémon and have purple hair, why isn't their relationship official?

I also have this headcanon that Colress disagrees with anybody just to be sassy. And after the events of B2W2, he decides to move to another region to become its regional Professor.

I also have this headcanon that Colress disagrees with anybody just to be sassy. And after the events of B2W2, he decides to move to another region to become its regional Professor.

To extend this, Colress likes proving people wrong through the power of science!

Pokeballs are powered by the life force of the Pokemon themselves. An empty ball that does not yet hold a Pokemon has no power in it at all. When the trainer throws a ball, a tiny mechanism triggers which leaches a small bit of life force from the Pokemon it comes into contact with, allowing the ball to operate, capturing the Pokemon. When inside the ball, the Pokemon itself essentially acts as a charger: whenever the Pokemon is in the ball it stores up as much energy as it needs to continue working, and the process takes place at a slow pace so there's no worry of the Pokemon being drained.

Since, Pokédex defines Pokémon as "Tiny Bird Pokémon" or "Wild Bull Pokémon" or "Fish Pokémon", it makes only sense if real world animals are known as mythological creatures in Pokémon world. (That would make more sense if Nintende called them "Winged Pokémon" instead of "Bird Pokémon" or "Rodent Pokémon" instead of "Rat/Mouse Pokémon" etc.) However, X & Y kinda destroys that since real life butterflies appear in the background during Pokémon battles at some places.

I had a lot, the pokemon league of each reagion are a government
All the protagonists are older, they are young adults, between 18 and 25 years old.
Red and Leaf are sibilings, and so Hilbert and Hilda
May and Steven flirt and have on crush with each other, maybe they end togheter, or not. Who knows?
N and Hilda are in love.
Syncamore in the past we had a relationship with Diantha
Brendam has a one sided crush on May
Ditto is a failed experiment to create Mewtwo
Aster is Zinnia daughter
Ethan is the champion, but is really crazy and dont like responsibilities, so he declined the position
Cheren was the former champion (because the protagonist left), but he lost to Iris.
Pokemon can run away or turn againt the trainer, if it are wild and untrained or mistreated

Expansion: The reason why he's so quiet when you meet him on Mt. Shirogane is because Red has a gigantic mountain fetish. He's not stoic - you just disturbed him during his happy hour and now he's too embarrassed to talk.

In Black & White 2, he's still sexually frustrated and embarrassed by Gold/Hibiki outing his debauchery to the public, being banned from setting foot on mountains ever again, so he remains speechless.

I... But... Why...

images
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Genial. This made my day.

My take on the alternate universes that are implied to exist in ORAS:

Classic Reality 1:
Red/Green/Blue

Classic Reality 2:
Yellow - Gold/Silver

Classic Reality 3:
Yellow - Crystal

Advanced Reality 1:
FireRed/LeafGreen and Ruby/Sapphire - HeartGold/SoulSilver and Diamond/Pearl

Advanced Reality 2:
FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald - HeartGold/SoulSilver and Platinum - Black/White - Black2/White2

Mega Reality 1:
Pokemon Origins and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire - - Black/White - X/Y and Black2/White2

Pokeballs are powered by the life force of the Pokemon themselves. An empty ball that does not yet hold a Pokemon has no power in it at all. When the trainer throws a ball, a tiny mechanism triggers which leaches a small bit of life force from the Pokemon it comes into contact with, allowing the ball to operate, capturing the Pokemon. When inside the ball, the Pokemon itself essentially acts as a charger: whenever the Pokemon is in the ball it stores up as much energy as it needs to continue working, and the process takes place at a slow pace so there's no worry of the Pokemon being drained.

So basically Pokeballs run on Infinity Energy?

I know we have this whole multiverse thing going on, but Black Version to me is the "canon" version of BW. The player is tasked with protecting the tradition (or Truth) that is modern Pokemon companionship, meanwhile N is trying to make what he feels is an Ideal world. I think it just works a bit better than White.

Region names:
- Kanto, Johto and Hoenn are region terms similar to the real-life terms: Kanto, Kinki, and Kyushu. While they may be used for regional planning and statistics, the terms are nothing more than that.
- Shinnoh and Almia, however are both regions and prefectures, equivalent to Hokkaido and Aomori.
- Just as Pokémon XY alluded to the Tourist trainers, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Shinnoh form part of the nation of Shoyo.(昇陽・しょうよう) As the Kanji suggests, the nation's name is "Rising Sun", which in turn is the poetic name for Japan.

Hoenn:
- Hoenn has been connected to the rest of the Shoyoese archipelago via three marine tunnels connecting Rustboro City, and there is a landmass just north of Rustboro that is physically connected to Johto and Kanto.
- Sometime during XY/BW2, the Maglev between Saffron and Goldenrod underwent extension further west, eventually connecting with Rustboro.
- While the southern parts of Hoenn (Pacifildog, Lilycove, Sootoolis, and especially Evergrande) may have a semi-Tropical climate, the northern parts like Rustboro do get winter climates that are comparable or even colder than Johto/Kanto Metropolises.
- Two cities host Pokemerican bases: Evergrande City and Littleroot Town.

Johto:
- Ecruteak City is actually divided into two districts. The northern older district that harks back to two milleniums ago, and the southern district that was only developed since 1870s, and the two are roughly divided along the railway that was developed in 1880. The Old Town, of course features The Bell Tower and the Burnt Tower, as well as the Maiko-sans' Dance Hall, and the Shoyoese National Theatre. The New *** has 19th-Century European architecture, and generally more modern buildings and suburbs. It has the Nintendo HQ (contemporary), the Kalosian Consulate and the Ecruteak Symphony Concert Hall (Beaux-Arts), the old Powerhouse substation (British Queen Anne), and the newer campuses of Ecruteak University (contemporary). Further south are dormitory garden suburbs (albeit more high-rise) for commuters to both Ecruteak and Goldenrod Cities.
- While Johto Metropolis (Goldenrod, Olivine, Ecruteak) essentially functions as the Pokémon's equivalent of Greater Osaka/Keihanshin, the Pokémon city is much smaller and more compact than the real counterpart. Violet City, Mahogany Town, and Azalea Town are considered to be on their own. While there is an Ilex City just south of Goldenrod, it is more a dormitory town than a proper city.

I've always seen the Playable Characters as young adults. It never made sense to me that such young kids would be able to take on evil organizations all by themselves and defeat trainers with way more experience like the Elite 4.

I always assumed Hoenn was just below the Sevii Isles and Sinnoh was slightly north of Johto. Kalos is west of Sinnoh and Unova is east of Kanto.

Missingno. and all the glitch Pokémon were created by Arceus to keep the world stable, since one day He realized that certain patterns of energy could destroy the universe as we know it. They couldn't stop all the damage, which is why screen glitches and crashes occur. Since they were doing the work for so long, they ended up having pixellated appearances.

The Action Replay is a legendary artifact said to have the power to warp reality. It is said that Arceus created it, but Giratina stole it while it was incomplete. Giratina tried using it, but it ended up almost destroying the universe. That incident created the Distortion World. Arceus created a new dimension and banished Giratina to the Distortion World. The Action Replay has been refined since then, but one day Arceus lost it. It's still not complete, and can end up destroying the world if misused.

Missingno. and all the glitch Pokémon were created by Arceus to keep the world stable, since one day He realized that certain patterns of energy could destroy the universe as we know it. They couldn't stop all the damage, which is why screen glitches and crashes occur. Since they were doing the work for so long, they ended up having pixellated appearances.

The Action Replay is a legendary artifact said to have the power to warp reality. It is said that Arceus created it, but Giratina stole it while it was incomplete. Giratina tried using it, but it ended up almost destroying the universe. That incident created the Distortion World. Arceus created a new dimension and banished Giratina to the Distortion World. The Action Replay has been refined since then, but one day Arceus lost it. It's still not complete, and can end up destroying the world if misused.

And then he created new artifacts named "Powersave" and "Cyber Gadget" right?

Pokemon have been known to exhibit homosexual behaviour just like in the real world animal kingdom.

With Ditto around, it's also entirely possible for said Pokemon to reproduce with no problem, since Ditto can take the shape of any type of Pokemon, gender included.

So basically Pokeballs run on Infinity Energy?

Okay, I have a really similar headcanon. Most pokeballs have a battery-operated system, that pokemon centers charge, and like, dive balls are better watetproofed so they can catch water pokemon better, etc.

But the master ball is run on infinity energy from the pokemon being captured. That's why it never fails! Strong pokemon, that no other ball would catch? Tons of energy to power the ball! Done! That's why they're uncommon, even though they were invented shortly before red/leaf/brendan/may's adventure- people aren't sure if they're totally ethical. The PC gets one because they've shown that they have really good moral fiber, or they took it off unscrupulous characters (RSEORAS).

Gonna get this thread going again with some of my own headcanons for Pokémon Sun & Moon...

-Both Lusamine and Gladion are on the autism spectrum.

-Sun/Elio and Moon/Selene really are distant cousins to Professor Kukui in their respective game version universes, which is why he calls them "cousin".

-Moon/Selene's personality is similar to her manga counterpart, and she often gets annoyed with Professor Kukui's bombastic disposition.

-In USUM's timeline, the special Rockruff that evolves into Dusk Lycanroc is the brother of Kukui's Rockruff/Midday Lycanroc.

-Lillie's real name is Lillian, which was chosen by her parents because it rhymes with Gladion.

My take on the dimensions of Pokémon and which are the canon games in my opinion:
-Original Dimension: Japanese Blue and Crystal.
-Advanced Dimensions: Emerald, Platinum (confirmed by Cynthia), HeartGold, Black and Black 2.
-Mega Dimensions: X, Omega Ruby and Sun.
-Ultra Dimension: Ultra Moon, Pikachu

Other Headcanons
-Team Rocket is way, way worse than what it's shown in the media (they are based on the yakuza, for Arceus's sake).
-En, Rai and Sui (the beta mons) were the Pokémon that got reincarnated by Ho-Oh into Entei, Raikou and Suicune.
-More on the development side of things, but still: Among the changes Pokémon 2 had when it got turned into Gold and Silver was redrawing Lorelei to make Will. I mean, his overworld and battle sprite are similar to her and his arena in the game is full of ice, which brings this other headcanon:
-Will and Lorelei are siblings, or at least cousins.
-Animon got cut due to its unfortunate design.
-That one pink Pokémon in that famous magazine cover inspired beta Cleffa.
-Archie and Maxie have the intelligence of Beavis and Butthead, how else can you explain their extremely moronic plans?
-Zinnia is partially suicidal. At least, that's how I interprete her lines about her wanting to be with Aster soon.
-Cyrus gets killed by Giratina if you don't catch it.
-Ghetsis might have killed N in the future if his plans were not interrupted. Doesn't help that he tried to kill Nate/Rosa in Black 2/White 2.
-N and Colress tried to fight Ghetsis in the dimension in which he won. At least that's what I get from that Ghetsis's lines.
-Tierno is the friend nobody likes. Even Trevor, who I think is his best friend, sounds kind of annoyed when dealing with him ("do you ever think about anything besides dancing?"").
-If we get an X/Y remake, they will power up Shauna and Trevor but cut/replace Tierno.
-Looker got his Croagunk from Emma some time between the events of X/Y and Platinum.
-This is more or less confirmed by USUM, but Lusamine was already kind of unstable without Nihilego's poison, maybe even before Mohn's disappearance.
-Ryuki was going to be a trial captain, but he got cut late in development. That's why he only appeared while defending your title.
-Nanu killed the Guzzlord he fought in USUM.
-There will be future regions based in SE Asia or Africa.

My headcanons are:

Red and Leaf are twin siblings and the names "Red" and "Leaf" are both codenames and titles denoting the fact that they are League Champions. The same can be said about Blue, too.

Red and Leaf have a past with Team Rocket, one of them having been kidnapped by the organization because TR saw their tremendous potential as Pokémon Trainers and Masters. The sibling escaped, though, and the siblings went on to become Team Rocket's worst nightmare.

Hilda and Hilbert are also siblings, as are "Sun" and "Moon".

All names based on the game titles, such as the aforementioned Red, Leaf, Blue, Sun, and Moon, are all codenames and titles for the characters represented.

Team Rocket is far worse than portrayed in the media. In addition to the illegal Pokétrade, they also do other really bad stuff the mafia and/or Yakuza do.

Giovanni, and by extension, Team Rocket is also politically connected, which is why he is never seen put in prison and why Team Rocket may well not be as disbanded as believed.

Time to revive this thread with my own headcannons.

-The Unova of Black and Black 2 is the same exact version, same for the Unova of White and White 2. Meaning the Reshiram from Black traded to Black 2 made the one from Black 2 disappear from the previous protagonist while also appearing for the current protagonist, the same thing happening to Zekrom from White to White 2.

-Cosmog was once part of Necrozma, this could explain why Necrozma only need to fuse with Solgaleo OR Lunala to achieve its original form: Ultra Necrozma.

-The Lacunosa Town meteor story is just an urban legend to scare kids to go into their houses at night.

-The Original Dragon did not split until the war between Truth and Ideals was already raging.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom