• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

My solution is to make it a branching timeline starting whether the events of PLA happen or not, the idea being that Volo going through with his plan sets everything in motion.
Tell me more.

Anyway: Plusle and Minun are different variants of the same species, but they look and act different enough for the Pokémon League to catalogue them separately. This also applies to most of the gender counterparts.

The Pokemon Solar System is composed of a Sun named Solgaleo(!), and eight planets called Melmetal, Enamorous, Pokearth (orbited by a Moon called Lunala), Zamazenta, Arceus, Regigigas, Rayquaza, and Kyogre. It also has five dwarf planets named Landorus (resides in an asteroid belt), Yveltal (formerly considered as a ninth planet, but was demoted to a dwarf planet alongside Landorus), Tapus Lele and Fini, and Giratina (whose discovery led to Yveltal's demotion)>

The Solosis line are actually single-celled organisms that came as a result of Mew's shed skin while Mew wasn't taking the shape and qualities of other Pokemon.

To consolidate the two contradictory stories of XY and ORAS, while Rayquaza was the first Pokemon to Mega Evolve it was not the source of Mega Evolution. Mega Evolution comes from a large amount of concentrated Life Energy, which Rayquaza emits. The only concentrations of Life Energy larger than Ratqyaza's are Arceus, Mew, Xerneas, Zygarde, and the Ultimate Weapon (the 3000 years ago one not the one Lysandre put together). After being fired, the Ultimate Weapon scattered mega and keystones much farther than we were led to believe in X and Y, as far as Hoenn and Kanto, though they never reached Alola for some reason, likely due to Z-Energy (an energy almost on par with Life Energy but originating from rifts in space-time such as those caused by Ultra Beasts rather than from within Pokemon themselves) canceling it out.

As you probably guessed, Mega Stones and Keystones contain high enough concentrations of Life Energy to allow Pokemon who otherwise couldn't Mega Evolve to do so when combined.

The reason only certain Pokémon are capable of Mega Evolution is because the Ultimate Weapon drew most of its Life Energy from Pokemon participating in the war, thus only creating stones containing Life Energy from those Pokemon.

Lucarios in particular often fly into rages upon Mega Evolving because the combination of high concentrations of Life Energy and their natural Aura is simply too much for them.

Mewtwo's Mega Stones are artificial and both Mega Mewtwos are significantly stronger than most Mega Evolutions due to Mewtwo already has a large concentration of Life Energy due to being a clone of Mew as well as more Life Energy being required to artificially bring something to life as opposed to something naturally created. For the same reason Type: Null and Sylvaly also have high concentrations of Life Energy but can't Mega Evolve as stones were never created for them, instead having more focus put into mimicking Arceus' type changing ability.

As for why Aerodactyl has a Mega Stone... yeah I've got nothing.

Oh, also Dynamax Energy is a mixture of both Life Energy and Z-Energy only possible due to Eternatus and the Darkest Day (which has no relation to the 3000 years ago Kalos-Galar war). It is significantly weaker than pure Life Energy or Z-Energy. Also, also most artificial Pokémon not created via genetic engineering (I'm including Castform in this group) have no Life Energy and thus Mega Stones could not be created for them even through artificial means.

Something something Zelda something.
You joke but have I told you that the PLA protagonist losing leads to the Mirror timeline in that one anime episode? Conquest is also there and it plays an important role in Masters EX. If you're now thinking the BDG Zelda video was inspiration, you're absolutely right, lol.
Tell me more.
Basically Volo deciding to go through with his plan screws over time and causes it to split in two. The timeline splits again based on whether he succeeds or fails, and then again because of Giovanni using the Ultra Wormholes and going back in time to prevent Mewtwo from escaping and creates Rainbow Rocket. Related to this is my headcanon that Volo is an ancestor or otherwise connected to Lusamine somehow and perhaps played a role in the Ultra Wormholes. The main two timelines are split by Volo's first decision--if PLA doesn't happen, there's no mega evolution. This secondary timeline also has different canon games, most obvious in Kris being the Crystal protagonist (as opposed to Gold as the HGSS protagonist in the main timeline) and Brilliant Diamond being the canon events (as opposed to Platinum in the main timeline).

Giratina persuaded Volo to eat a Leppa Berry while appearing in its Origin Forme (which resembles a snake...) in order to gain its trust so that the two can start working together in order to overthrow Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia, and have the entire Pokemon universe destroyed and all humans and Pokemon alike completely exterminated after it found out that Volo actually outright despised all humans and Pokemon alike, the former for treating the latter as slaves, and the latter for being slaves to the former, and that Giratina wanted revenge on Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia for "mistreating" it and later banishing it to the Distortion World as punishment. (it's implied that Giratina was once a benevolent Pokemon much like Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia, but has instead caused massive destruction every time it tried to help Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia create the entire Pokemon universe, leading to Giratina being feared and despised by both humans and Pokemon alike, seeing it nothing more than just an evil, destructive monster, and as a result Giratina became even more resentful and violent over time, until it finally had enough and decided to actually act like the evil, destructive monster everyone treated it as, and started to view Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia as enemies, and started to attack the latter two out of spite, resulting in Arceus having no other choice but to banish Giratina to the Distortion World as punishment for its misdeeds, and being trapped inside the Distortion World for a long time turned out to be the last straw for Giratina...) And many times, both Volo and Giratina actually tried to betray and overthrow each other, but ultimately decided that the two were far viler and more competent in terms of sheer villainy if they both agreed to help each other and started working together as a team if they both wanted nothing more than the complete destruction of the entire Pokemon universe as we know it...

Lla me' hctac attog... Lla me' hctac attog...

Last edited:
Regardless of whether or not other gym leaders run the towns they're based in, Piers actually is in charge of Spikemuth.

After having the word Pokemon beaten into me via the anime's themes I think I'll pass (I mean, it's one thing if it makes sense within the context of the song but most songs just tack the word Pokemon on the end for no reason).

Speaking of, in Unova there actually is a micro fandom war between Roxie fans and Piers fans. For their part, the two are perfectly aware of eachother and gave a healthy mutual respect, though Roxie sometimes plays the rivalry up a bit for the crowd (Piers does not since he tends to be pretty down in himself to begin with).

Pokemon saying their names is likely a learned behavior from being around humans, supported by the fact that wild Pokemon and rare Pokemon are less prone to doing it. Pikachu is particularly prone to it because it's Kanto's ambassador Pokemon, in the vein of pandas to China, and they've practically been domesticated at this point as a symbol of peace, global unity and national pride.

Back
Top Bottom