• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

Arceus isn't obtainable in recent times (SwSh and possibly SV) because the larger entity it came from has finally absorbed it to keep humans with evil intentions from ever getting their hands on its powers.
That sounds very logical considering the events of Legends: Arceus. If one recalls, Volo wanted to get to Arceus. Who knows what would have happened if he was able to get to Arceus.

Last edited:
I have quite a bit, so I'll put them in spoilers to save space (I really hope I formatted the spoiler folders here correctly):
  • There's no entirely carnivorous Pokemon, and instead they are omnivorous in some fashion. Yes, there are plenty of predators, but Pokemon can consume berries, Poffins, Pokeblocks, Pokepuffs, fruit juice, lemonade, and herbs with no real negative side effects--aside from herbs lowering their friendship levels--it would be pretty safe that they can eat plant matter, unlike carnivores in real life, which often have shorter digestive tracts that make it difficult to absorb nutrients from and break down carbs.
  • This isn't really my theory, but modern pokeballs capture a Pokemon by basically turning them into code while they're inside, and eject them if they accidentally damage the ball in the process, which is why stronger Pokemon are harder to capture. This is also why you can see their stats in numerical values, since the tech inside collects the data that you can access in the PC--and maybe through your Pokedex, for the ones in your party.
  • Also not mine, but while a trainer can become champion by defeating the one in their league, the old champion can stay as the "acting champion" in case the victor doesn't want to take their position, while the winner is still considered the "current champion".
  • All Ditto came from one single individual, which was created on accident. Since Ditto are just huge cell creatures, they multiply by splitting in half, like mitosis.
  • X and Y are a part of the main timeline, but Mega Evolution was "discovered" much later than it was in ORAS. This is why Mega Evolution isn't super widespread yet, why there are way less Megas than in ORAS (Okay, I get that it's actually because the developers added some more in between the games, but like, in the story) and why Professor Sycamore is still considered a credible source in those games despite not really knowing all that much about it compared to pretty much EVERYONE in the Hoenn remakes.
  • I kind of consider Serena to be the protagonist and Calem as the rival, and really have always pictured her with the Fennekin line, Calem with Froakie, and Shauna with Chespin, but this is just because my playthrough influenced this idea and also, I like color coordination, lol.
  • Calem would eventually go on to one day be either a gym leader, like Cheren, or maybe even a member of the Elite Four. As for Serena, I really can't think of what she'd do, maybe take over for Diantha one day?
  • Also, the reason why Diantha was absent for...pretty much everything was because she was busy working on a movie in another region, and only could only stop by for very brief exposition visits with her friends, which in this case was Lysandre and the Professor. By the time she got back to Kalos after getting Lysandre's broadcast, Serena and the others had already stopped him.
  • Kalos has roller skating as a major part of it's physical education in schools, which is why there's so many roller skaters.
  • Malva was originally just a lower-level intern at the Lumiose Press, and really wasn't faring too well until Lysandre offered her a job as the main reporter for the Holocaster. She felt extremely grateful, becoming loyal enough to join Team Flare. But she didn't really do much aside from covering up Team Flare's "stunts", which is why she's not, y'know, arrested or anything in the post-game. All that talk of wanting to burn Serena down is just her being a snarky jerk.
  • There used to be more "Kalos original" species, but these were pushed to being extremely endangered thanks to the Ultimate Weapon 3,000 years ago, and eventually, these other species became extinct as more invasive ones from other regions set in, which is why most Pokemon in the game are from other regions.
  • Also, for ages, Serena and Calem are 17, Shauna's 16, Tierno's 15, and Trevor's 14, which is why he's so tiny and much younger looking than the others, he's just a late bloomer. Sina and Dexio are about...19ish? Oh, and Serena and Calem have the same birthday, October 13th, the release date of the games.

Well, that's all I can come up with for now. I'm mostly just spitballing though. :D

Last edited:
Okay, I'll keep it brief:

• Some Pokemon are not native to Kanto. They are imported then integrated into the wild population via breeding.
  • The Pokemon world is in the real world (Unova and Alola are states in America; Galar isn't England, but it's part of the UK; The Japanese regions are the IRL regions they're based on and are in Japan).
  • Team Rocket doesn't have guns because the person who is supposed to get them was blackmailed by Team Rocket. He says he can't get any because he can't find them but really, he doesn't want to break Japan's gun laws.
  • The Champion, Elite Four, and Gym Leaders are not government. Their battles are funded by large corporations, like Silph.
  • Trainers still in school go on their Pokemon journeys during the summer (a la Electric Tale of Pikachu). If they want to continue traveling, they are mailed homework that they have to send back to the school (they have extended due dates
  • Team Rocket has branches in other countries (like the anime) but they go by different names and have fake public images.

…just to name a few

The reason most fossil pokemon are rock types isn't that they used to be fossils, its that as they were part rock, when they went extinct they just turned into rocks and didn't decompose. (This might not make sense, not really sure how to explain)

^ Yeah, I've seen similar theories that they fossilised because they were Rock-types.

How do you explain the Galar fossils since none of them are Rock types?

Back
Top Bottom