• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

okay these are extremely random and out of context but.
this is like
a universe where they are aware of their status as game characters
and know other characters so yea

• Red/Leaf, Lucas/Dawn, and Hilda/Hilbert are all twin siblings
  • Game Leaf and Game Silver are still besties
  • Red occasionally talks around Leaf and Blue
  • Leaf follows Ena Shinonome online
  • Arven, Dawn, and Serena opened a cafe for no reason (they accept Pokedollars, coins, rings, emeralds, rupees, gold, Splatcoins, Galleons, Sickles, Knuts, uhhhhhhh)
  • Nemona x Battles
  • Red likes horror games and accidentally traumatized Blue because Blue showed up at 3 in the morning to tell Red to turn his game down, he could hear it from next door
  • Calem stole Serena's hairbrush one time
  • Ethan and Lyra are the goofies and Silver and Kris are the sensible ones who will NOT climb on the roof for no reason
  • Ethan is eternally traumatized because he met a few of his creepypasta counterparts
  • Gloria is a coder like how her Pokespe counterpart is a hacker
  • Blue was really mad that he wasn't added to Smash Ultimate with Red and Leaf

cracks nuckles more random out of context headcanons wether you like it or not

• Hilbert and Hilda are twins
  • Cheren and Bianca start dating post b2w2, but Cheren is worried he’ll mess up when he takes Bianca on a date, so he asks the twins for help. Let’s just say it was a bad idea.
  • Yancy and Nate are the ones with the x transceiver interactions, but they never actually meet up in-person, and Yancys always in her “Nancy” outfit and Nate is some other thing I don’t know of yet, so they don’t know it’s each other until Yancy brings up her idol career at school and nates like “wait youre that girl form the x transceiver, I’ve been in your friends group this whole time and neither of us noticed???”
  • the only thing green and blue can agree on is that they hate each other. They will take every opportunity to argue and one-up each other. they’re still friends tho
  • dawn is a self-proclaimed relationship advisor, when all her knowledge sores from romance novels and shes never actually dated anyone in any way
  • lucas is crushing on Dawn and he asks her for help telling the girl he likes that he likes her, and Dawn breaks out into a whole musical number (Taylor swifts “how you Get the girl”) and she doesn’t realize until way too late that he was talking about her
  • also Dawn knows shes arceus‘ chosen one, and her mindset is “I’m the main character? COOL!!!”
  • she’d also like manga. Dawn is a big manga fan. Especially random slice-of-life romance ones
  • Lucas would watch like, shonen anime. He’d like that
  • anyways, in my johto Lyra is pretty much a weird void backup version of kris cause shes “doomed by the narrativeTM“
  • anyways in the climax of my johto they have to choose between saving Lyra or kris and while kris initially sacrifices herself, Ethan convinces ho oh to save kris
  • oh and ho oh, red, and the general public have given ethan an inferiority complex (though red didn’t do anything but exist really, and ho oh also didn’t mean anything, it was just waiting for the right time to appear. Can’t say about general people though.
  • ethans still cool. He’s the kinda guy to be like “I’m the best guy ever”
  • and he’s trying desperately to get kris to notice he likes her
  • and kris’ thought is “that guy is weird but also kinda cute… what are you thinking kris”
I think thats it

pm me if you want to hear more about my johto cause I will ramble about it (also got a bit of inspiration from namari-hime on tumblr, but they dont know I exist cause I dint have a tumblr)

Red/Leaf, Lucas/Dawn, and Hilda/Hilbert are all twin siblings
I figured Dawn and Hilda would get along really well
Arven, Dawn, and Serena opened a cafe for no reason (they accept Pokedollars, coins, rings, emeralds, rupees, gold, Splatcoins, Galleons, Sickles, Knuts, uhhhhhhh)
“It’s yours my friend. As long as you have enough rupees” - Morshu
Calem stole Serena's hairbrush one time
Someone please draw Calem using Serena’s hairbrush-

(Had to remove bulleted list because it was being weird for me-)

Oh wait I have a few more

• Green and leaf are the same person. Greens actual name is leaf, but when she was younger she said she’d rather be called green than leaf because she’s matching blue and red now and red will stop making jokes about her and blue being a tree (leaf and oak. 10 yr olds logic) blue doesn’t get why someone would want to be named after a colour, but he goes with it.
  • Lyras the kind of person to be like “hey guys wanna go commit criminal offences? No..? Just me?”
  • There’s some very complicated friendships in my Unova… with teh b2w2 kids it’s more silly, but the bw Unova kids have some problems. Juniper sends them all to therapy post bw2

the leaf we know originated outside of the original rby timeline. She isn't native to the lgpe timeline either.

The one in the original rby timeline couldn't participate in that games events. I like to believe she was in johto during the events of the originals.

There is a game counterpart to yellow running around somewhere.

N is now travelling between different dimensions a bit like Isac from netflix castlevania.

Like Isac, he's amassing a small army of pokemon to follow him.

Dakim and Alder are related. Whether they're brothers or cousins remains to be seen, though. Also, Venus wouldn't be amused by Team Galactic's "planet-naming" of their Commanders since she also shares the name of the eponymous planet (this would be even more apparent in the spanish translation of the DPP games since Mars is named Venus in this language). Ein and Colress are confirmed brothers, but they've not contacted one another since they graduated.

That's it for now.

Arceus was directly responsible for driving the Type: Full berserk when the Aether Foundation tried to activate their RKS System.

This was due to Type: Full being made with the sole intent of becoming tools of warfare, which Arceus did NOT want, ESPECIALLY if these were gonna be artificial Pokémon modeled after it. Arceus wants to watch people bond with Pokémon and grow with them. It would preferably also watch people accomplish their own goals with them, resolve ordeals with them, and become heroes of their region through bonds with their Pokémon. This is how Gladion was able to unlock Type: Full's full power and the RKS System.

There are artificial pokemon that are basically tulpas, spawned from the thoughts, emotions, and beliefs of people and other pokemon.

A few are unnatural legendaries who counteract the laws of nature as dictated by arceus. But he embraces these legendaries as his own.

been thinking about a world in which the kimono girls are big supporters of silver... even when he's a loser (loving) about losing to them they can sense that he has Potential and continue to follow his progress and when he calms down a little from his Become The Best By Myself mentality they help him train and give him a support system. heavily based in canon perhaps not but i thought about it as soon as i saw him scurrying away from the dance theatre. in my world he eventually gains the approval both of the kimono girls and of the master in the dragon den and maybe becomes a member of the elite 4 (i don't think he'd want the responsibility of a champion? but maybe i don't know him well enough) after going thru the gym challenge again and beating the elite 4 and lance. another unrelated hc for him is that he always has an expression of discomfort; he never seems to feel comfortable anywhere. it's not always an accurate expression of his feelings though.

another johto thing i've been thinking about has been kris who does competitive pokéathlon in the stamina section... i haven't come up with a team for her yet because figuring out the stats is hard (& most of the "canon" pokémon she has don't have high stamina which might mean i should change it to something else but i really like stamina...) but i am working on it. also other kris thoughts: she is unovan by birth but was adopted by a johtoan single mom; her birth name was crystal but she hated it immensely so she and her mom got it changed to just kris; she is very into fashion and follows magazines, tv, etc on it.

Yancy and Curtis are siblings.

The Brycen Man movie series has had multiple reboots all having the hero having a different Pokemon than any other.

Some of the reboots of movies from Pokestar Studious had real legendary Pokemon act in them.

Also, Venus wouldn't be amused by Team Galactic's "planet-naming" of their Commanders since she also shares the name of the eponymous planet (this would be even more apparent in the spanish translation of the DPP games since Mars is named Venus in this language).

I don't think she cares. Venus seems to be named more for the Roman goddess of love the planet is named for and not the planet itself. She might care more that she shares the same name as Mars in the Spanish versions, but other than that she doesn't seem to care about planets or space, she cares about beauty and being an idol to the people of The Under.

I have a related Orre headcanon though. I think Lovrina is Ein and Venus' daughter (and by extension, Naps is their son due to him being Lovrina's brother). She seems to have traits of both of them. She has Venus' obsession with beauty and being admired and shares a similar battle strategy (both relying heavily on infatuation). And oddly, she shares Ein's obsession with Shadow Pokemon research and inhabits his old lab. It seems like she has a strong connection to both of them.

Last edited:
I don't think she cares. Venus seems to be named more for the Roman goddess of love the planet is named for and not the planet itself. She might care more that she shares the same name as Mars in the Spanish versions, but other than that she doesn't seem to care about planets or space, she cares about beauty and being an idol to the people of The Under.
Surely. But I was more thinking about how she would think Team Galactic is copying her theme naming, even though Team Galactic is using planet names which also happen to be named after roman deities ^^;

Glad to see some more Colosseum/XD headcanons here ! Although I only know enough about the first game that I can actually headcanon about.

Back
Top Bottom