• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

-Before Roxie was born, Pop Roxie had a band of his own, called, "The Grimer".

-The legal age to drive in the games is 17. Therefore, I believe Wes is either 17 or 18.

-The automatons have Klutz for an ability because they accidentally sealed off Dragonspiral Tower.

-Dragonite and Quagsire usually smile due to overwhelming joy that they now possess arms.

-Stantler, Sawsbuck, Ursaring, Farfetch'd, etc. are often hunted.

Bagon used to have a completely different evolutionary line, a flightless one that resembled more a dinosaur. However, it coexisted with bug pokémon that would go into a pupal stage and grow wings, like Beautifly.
So eventually, some of them managed to mutate and evolve into Shelgon instead so they'd eventally grow wings too, as Salamence, and that evolution stuck in prefference over the original one. However, even now all Bagon are still capable of evolving into its alternate past evolution, but it has been long forgotten and "disabled" in favor of Salamance.

A similar alternate evolution would have been the case for Pupitar, but it seems it remained as Tyranitar.

Last edited:
-Before Roxie was born, Pop Roxie had a band of his own, called, "The Grimer".

-The legal age to drive in the games is 17. Therefore, I believe Wes is either 17 or 18.

-The automatons have Klutz for an ability because they accidentally sealed off Dragonspiral Tower.

-Dragonite and Quagsire usually smile due to overwhelming joy that they now possess arms.

-Stantler, Sawsbuck, Ursaring, Farfetch'd, etc. are often hunted.
This is the best one

Dragonite is probably super geeked because he has arms AND wings!

won the friggin poke-lottery there!

Wow people sure have thought about this. Surprised no one has suggested that Red jumps of Mt. Silver at the end of HGSS after being beaten by Ethan/Lyra (let's ignore the fact he's in BW2 and can respawn)

Or they completely misunderstood what the humans who built them told them to do--ie, "Do what you must to stay safe."

Oddly enough, I figured that the Golett who had Klutz as their Ability were simply younger than the others and acted like slightly clumsy children. Unfortunately, they can't be "fixed" because all their creators are gone.

Headcannons ftw. :3

>Volkner and Flint have something going on.
>The Church in Sinnoh is related to the Canalave myth which explains Pokemon x Human marriages, and so is Arceus himself.
>Neither Rosa nor Nate are wearing swimsuits: it's tights and leggings, respectively.
>Sudowoodo acts as a static tree to protect himself: he's the last Sudowoodo in Johto, all the others were killed somehow.
>Blue's Raticate never died, unlike Giovanni's Kangaskhan.
>N suffers from some sort of cognitive disorder, but I just can't tell what.
>Kyurem is a cool-blooded murderer, no pun intended.
>Genesect = Armored Kabutos
>Some Pokémon evolve when traded away because they're like "My trainer gave me away cause I was weak..."

Headcannons ftw. :3

>Volkner and Flint have something going on.
>The Church in Sinnoh is related to the Canalave myth which explains Pokemon x Human marriages, and so is Arceus himself.
>Neither Rosa nor Nate are wearing swimsuits: it's tights and leggings, respectively.
>Sudowoodo acts as a static tree to protect himself: he's the last Sudowoodo in Johto, all the others were killed somehow.
>Blue's Raticate never died, unlike Giovanni's Kangaskhan.
>N suffers from some sort of cognitive disorder, but I just can't tell what.
>Kyurem is a cool-blooded murderer, no pun intended.
>Genesect = Armored Kabutos
>Some Pokémon evolve when traded away because they're like "My trainer gave me away cause I was weak..."
best poke-bromance

I think the Nate/Rosa one is accurate

Elesa and Skyla are just as wonderful as HildaxN and VolknerxFlint. <3 Dunno, but those are my 3 favorite couples.
As for Nate and Rosa, I do see quite a load of arguing about that subject. Maybe I'm biased towards legwear, but I think the swimsuits theory makes little to no sense.

Mine are more or less for a fanfic I've been working on, and tend to focus around legendaries more than anything.

All (or at least most) legendaries are unique, and simply migrate from location to location.
Dittos are failed attempts are cloning Mew.
Mewtwo was created by Team Rocket, similar to how it was shown in the anime.
Missingno is actually a glitched out Porygon, similar to Porygon Z, but much more powerful.
The Beast Trio were originally Eevolutions, but changed form after being resurrected.
Fossil pokemon were not necessarily always Rock types, but rather it is caused by the revival process and the nature of the fossils.

That swimsuit theory is kinda surprising to hear, def a new one for me

The Quagsire/Dragonite one is prob my fav in this thread

Eusine chases Suicune to fill a void in his life

Morty and his Gengar scare kids/trainers on halloween for fun

The Beast Trio were originally Eevolutions, but changed form after being resurrected.

THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS. No, seriously, I've always wondered why isn't this canon and not just a collective headcanon. ;-; Makes perfect sense, actually, and not to mention the stats distributions are rather similar: Entei has massive attack like Flareon, Raikou and Jolteon are fast special sweepers, while Suicune and Vaporeon are bulky waters. Bonus points for Lava Plume/Discharge/Surf combos with those mons.

THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS. No, seriously, I've always wondered why isn't this canon and not just a collective headcanon. ;-; Makes perfect sense, actually, and not to mention the stats distributions are rather similar: Entei has massive attack like Flareon, Raikou and Jolteon are fast special sweepers, while Suicune and Vaporeon are bulky waters. Bonus points for Lava Plume/Discharge/Surf combos with those mons.

They were created based on the LIGHTNING that hit Brass Tower, the resulting FIRE, and the RAIN that put it out.

They were created based on the LIGHTNING that hit Brass Tower, the resulting FIRE, and the RAIN that put it out.

Or, they were some eeveelutions hanging out, died, and were resurrected on roids (Flareon still gets the short end of the stick). Just because a Pokémon isn't native to a region doesn't mean it won't be found in there every now and then. For example, there's no Sudowoodo or Bonsly in Johto, with one sole exception.

Or, they were some eeveelutions hanging out, died, and were resurrected on roids (Flareon still gets the short end of the stick). Just because a Pokémon isn't native to a region doesn't mean it won't be found in there every now and then. For example, there's no Sudowoodo or Bonsly in Johto, with one sole exception.

Says so in the games and on Bulbapedia, and that Ho-oh revived them.

It also says it is unknown what they were before the tower's destruction. The Eevolution idea is simply mentioned, since Ecruteak City is home to the Kimono girls, who use various Eevolutions. The types and similar stat distribution are merely observations between the potential counterparts.

From Bulbapedia:
They are said to embody the three events that happened to the tower: the lightning that struck the tower, the fire that burned in the tower, and the winds and rain that put it out. It is unknown whether these three were already a Suicune, Raikou, and Entei before they were revived, or whether Ho-Oh actually reincarnated them from three non-legendary Pokémon.

Also, there's no real point in arguing over who is right in a thread dedicated to personal theories. :p

Here's one for ya, from an old thread I made way back when:

Please feel free to move this if it is in the wrong section.

Ever since the first pair of remakes, FireRed and LeafGreen, were released to the public, it has been believed by many that the original games are no longer considered canonical.

Others believe the reverse—that the originals override remakes any day.

But what if this isn't the case? What if all the games, originals and remakes included, are perfectly canon?

Remember that back in Generation II, Bill managed to master time travel by inventing the Time Capsule. This device allowed then-present-day trainers to trade their Pokémon to the past, and trainers from the past were able to trade to what they considered to be the future.

A generation later, in FireRed and LeafGreen, Bill introduced players to the Sevii Islands, a place not seen in Generation I. However, if the player decided not to go with Bill the first time he asked, then he waited at the Cinnabar Island Pokémon Center...and at his cottage at Cerulean Cape. At the same time.

As far as I know, if spoken to at his cottage, he remains blissfully unaware of his appointment with Celio.

Some would dismiss this as nothing more than a continuity error or programming oversight. But what if it isn't? What if the Bill at the Cinnabar Pokémon Center is actually Bill from the future, having stuffed himself into his Time Capsule and traveled back three years to introduce the Generation II and III Pokémon to the world, long before they're even discovered?

This does raise an issue, however—as the Time Capsule is not present in HeartGold and SoulSilver, had Bill traveled to the past, he would have become trapped there since neither he nor his younger self bothered to invent time travel.

Then again, if Bill were to encounter and befriend a Pokémon with power over time—such as Celebi or Dialga—he wouldn't have to invent artificial time travel in order to return to his own time. Considering that Celebi will take just about anyone who is pure of heart under its wing, this isn't unlikely. And, yes, even though he mucked around with time itself, Bill can still be considered pure of heart since he had nothing but good, scientific intentions in mind.

Using this hypothesis, it can be determined that the original games did happen—Bill just later went back and changed the timeline for the benefit of the scientific community, allowing esteemed Professors like Oak and Birch to catalogue more Pokémon in a shorter amount of time.

On an unrelated note, this also allows Bill—and possibly other characters as well—to witness alternative timelines. For example, if Leaf were born instead of Red, or if Gold had chosen Totodile instead of Cyndaquil, or if all of the protagonists and rivals had different names entirely, thus making all decisions made by the player canonical as well.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the wonderful world of paradoxes.

Yeah, call me a nerd. It's what I am.

One of my headcanons is that a lot of the Legendaries are relatives. For example:

Celebi and Dialga might be siblings because both of their powers relate to time
Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Xerneas may all be family because they're all deer legendaries
The unnamed Mewthree is a successful clone while Mewtwo is a failed one

I also think that there may be two specific religions (one that worshipped Arceus and one that worshipped Mew) that have probably fought in the past similar to the Crusades or any religious war. (I've wanted to use this idea for a fanfiction).

I also think that since Unova was based off of the US, there might be a bad history of Native Unova slaughtering.

I've got a couple:
Keldeo fought at Waterloo alongside Napoleon, but the English employed the help of Celebi, resulting in a lopsided battle.
Moonstones are pieces of Radium. Waterstones are water trapped in a piece of lapis luzuil. Firestones are fire frozen in crystals, dusk and shiny stones are condensed darkness and light, respectively. Sunstones are condensed solar radiation. Leafstones are fossilized leaves.

Back
Top Bottom