• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

Riley is actually an old man, but his aura powers make him look young. It was stated by Byron that he doesn't know Riley's age and calls him a "mysterious fellow".

Flint has feelings for Volkner

Bel likes Cheren. Juniper deliberately chose to send Bel to the town where Cheren is a gym leader so Bel would have a chance to confess and ask him out.

All Pokemon species, more or less, have a natural 50-50 gender distribution; their in-game gender ratios are merely a byproduct of being bred in captivity.

-Most headcanons involving Golett state that it was created as a laborer. But the more that I look at it, the more that I say that it wasn't meant for that. Seriously, why would anyone give a laborer an Ability that makes it somewhat useless? My take: Golett was actually a child substitute. Those in this society who couldn't have children or adopt could be given a pseudo-child to care for if they so desired.

-The reason Golurk has that seal on its chest? That is a fail-safe device. If a Golurk were to rebel, that would be the quickest way to end it-tear the seal off its chest and it will fly off, either to crash land somewhere else or stay airborne until it runs out of energy. In either case, the Golurk will die.

-Not every Golett was sealed inside the Dragonspiral Tower. Those who simply couldn't part with them smuggled them out of their city by dressing them in robes and telling them to keep their faces and hands hidden. Once everyone was away from the area, the Golett could then be allowed to remove its disguise. They then lived their lives with the few remaining survivors of that lost civilization and stayed within that family.

-Psychic Micki, who you can battle in the Celestial Tower in Black and White, is a direct descendant of that lost civilization. The Golett he has was passed down through the family for several generations before it came to him.

I have quite a few headcanons. They aren't as good as lots of people's here, but I'll try...:3 (And yes, most of them involve Team Galactic. Don't judge me! xD)

1. Professor Rowan actually had a family once. A wife, kids, you name it. However, one tragic day, Palkia and Dialga started a fight for reasons unknown, and they shot off powerful beams and whatnot as they fought in Jubilife City, and one beam accidentally hit Professor Rowans' house, and blew it up into flames. Help came too late, and Professor Rowans wife and kids perished in the fire. He's regretted not being there at the house (since he was at Lake Acuity researching on the Pokemon there.) when the fire started, all his life. And he still thinks about it to this day. When anybody tries to ask him where his family is, he simply dismisses the conversation and tries to act like nobody asked him at all about his family.

2. Cheren and Bianca are actually in love. However, they won't admit it to each other. Then finally Hilda has enough of them avoiding each other and not admitting their love that she locks them up in a room and waits for them to confess to each other their love. :D Then they get married and have kids and all that such a few years after B/W2. ;D

3. Like MANY, MANY others have posted, I too have a headcanon with Mars being Silver's sister and such.
Giovanni and Arianna had a thing for each other awhile back, until Givoanni learned she was pregnant with Mars. He left her, traveling to another region, leaving Arianna with Mars. After she had Mars, Givoanni came back to tell her he was sorry, and she execpted his apolgy, and of course, she got pregnant again after a long night of, you know...Anyways, she got pregnant with Silver. (Or as I call Silver, Marcus.) He stayed with her, but it was painful because he did not like kids. When Marcus and Mars were old enough, Givoanni started Team Rocket and used the kids for crimes. Mars and Marcus went out stealing Pokemon, money, anything Givoanni wanted they got. They were quite good, too. But then, they failed a job and he threw his kids out like trash, having no use for them anymore. Mars traveled to Sinnoh after a painful goodbye to her brother, and Silver went to Johto, vowing to get revenge on his father for throwing him and his sister out. Mars later, after a few years, then found Cyrus, and when he asked her to join Team Galactic, she jumped at the chance because she thought it meant she could get revenge on her father as well, and for another reason.. (see number 4.)

4. Mars and Jupiter joined Team Galactic for a specific reason: Was too get closer to Cyrus. Yes, they both fell in love with the mysterious 27 year old millionaire (or billionaire, whichever one he is). They both hoped that Cyrus would somehow fall in love with both of them and sweep them off their feet. They had arguments every night about which one would be Cyrus's bride and the mother of his kids, and that always was resulting in Saturn yelling at both girls to shut up and go to bed every night. (They all had bedrooms in each of the Warehouses Cyrus owned for Team Galatic.) However, even after the whole Spear Pillar, they remained in love with Cyrus, and they wait around, hoping that one day he'll come back and marry one of the girls.

5. Saturn had a wife, however, his wife decided that another man was better and left him. Saturn was sooo depressed and miserable and joined Team Galactic, driven insane by his wife leaving him. D: (Poor guy...)

6. Saturn and Dawn are actually best friends. (XD) After all the events involving Cyrus and such, Saturn finally told Dawn why he joined Team Galactic and why he regrets ever doing so, and Dawn felt so bad for his divorce with his wife and such, that she just decided to be his friend.

7. N and Hilda are in love. They both denied it for years, but one day, that all changed. Hilda and N were going to go and have a picnic for N's 16th birthday near a big, giant field by the new victory road. The two had the picnic and such, and everything was normal, until N put his hand on Hilda's hand. Hilda merely just thought that he was holding her hand, since he had done it before many times. But that wasn't the case. Nope. He wrapped his arms around her and titled her head up to him, and he kissed her. Ever since then, Hilda and N have been together, deeply and happily in love. ♥

That's all I can think up for now. I don't want to write TOO much, but I hope everybody enjoys my headcanons. ^-^ Like I said, they aren't the best, but oh well. :D

Last edited:
- The Sky Pillar is a remnant of an early civilization on the islands off of Hoenn. The people built it as a tribute to Rayquaza. These may have been the same people who sealed off the Regis in Hoenn.
- Faraway Island is a phantom island. It hasn't been seen by humans in a long time. It's evident by the fact that the map you find it on is old.
- Hilbert and Hilda are related.
- Hilda was the one who took Reshiram/Zekrom. Hilbert is still in Unova, living a quiet life.
- N is in love with Hilda. He and Hilda are destined to reunite one day.
- Ariana was a scorned love of Giovanni's, and had his child.
- Giratina might have killed or eaten Cyrus.

Last edited:
-Pokemon that weren't originally native to Unova were imported in between BW and B2W2.

-The Champion serves as the Secretary of Defense in each region.

-Leafeon can clean the air in even the most polluted city.

I have a headcanon that if people in real life suddenly became Pokemon, they would evolve into their first evolution on their thirteenth birthday, and if they have a second evolution, they'll evolve again on their eighteenth birthday.

I'm going to become a Zoroark next month *fangirls everywhere and dies*

Here's something I'm surprised I haven't seen yet.

Wild Pokémon used be common in Orre as in any other region. Why did they seemingly vanish? Simple: Shadow Pokémon drove them away. It doesn't seem likely to me that Cipher created Shadow Pokémon overnight, it sounds more like something that's the result of at least a decade of work. Possibly two or three, maybe longer.

I imagine that initially, wild Pokémon were used as test subjects for Cipher's experiments and got released after either no results or on purpose to see if the 'Shadow factor' could spread. Anyway, over time, the local Pokémon noticed something...off about their friends who went missing and returned. They seemed unusually aggressive and distant. Over time, as incidents like these became more frequent, fear and panic spread amongst the unaffected Pokémon. Orre didn't seem to be a safe place to live anymore.

And they fled. Slowly at first, but that soon became fleeing in droves to anywhere, as long as it wasn't that place where a Pokémon could go missing and turn into...one of those things. As that happened, wild Pokémon sightings became less and less frequent until they just stopped. This did get noticed by humans and eventually attributed to the climate becoming unsuitable for the Pokémon inhabitants. It seemed to explain the hostility and migration well enough (an ill-fitting environment causing stress and migrating to somewhere more suitable). Any hint of the real reason wouldn't be obvious to the eyes of most. The lack of wild Pokémon to use did impact Cipher and hence they commissioned Snagem to steal fresh subjects for them to use.

Jump to the five years between Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. Time had passed and humans did end up finding out about the existence of Shadow Pokémon. Eventually, some Pokémon decided to take a chance and head for Orre. After all, Shadow Pokémon was the reason for leaving. With that becoming less of a problem, Orre didn't seem as dangerous as it once was.

1) The "regular" Dragon Pokémon of Unova are all descended from the Tao Trio. White Kyurem's posture is similar to Haxorus, while Black Kyurem's is similar to Druddigon. Also, both the Axew line and Druddigon can have Mold Breaker, an ability which is basically the same as Turboblaze or Teravolt.

Deino's line fits in with this due to its brains. Deino itself parallels the original dragon from which the trio are derived - one solitary head and thus one brain. Upon evolution it splits into the two-headed Zweilous, and each head has its own brain. This parallels how Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem being separate entities have their own heads and their own brains. Hydreigon however has only one brain, suggesting that Zweilous's two brains merged into one. Similarly, Black and White Kyurem have two brains merged into one - the original Kyurem's, plus the one from the other dragon.

2) Team Galactic made Porygon-Z using technology from Silph Co., but messed up somewhere along the line. Where did they get said technology? From Charon, who used to work for Silph and created the Up-Grade and later, Dubious Disc. He also may or may not have worked for Team Rocket at some point.

3) Every volcano has a Heatran living in it somewhere, even Mt. Chimney or Mt. Ember which already have a legendary Pokémon living in them (Groudon and Moltres respectively).

4) Arceus isn't the God in Pokémon, just one of a pantheon which includes Ho-Oh (Goddess of Life), Lugia (God of Death), the Creation Trio (Gods of Time, Space and Antimatter), the Tao Trio (combined make the God of Destruction) and the Weather Trio (Gods of Land, Sea and Air). Xerneas and Yveltal might be in there too - we'll just have to wait and see. Arceus himself is the God of Creation.

5) Ariana is Silver's mother. Quite a common one, but my take on it is a bit different: Mars isn't related to any of them. She's Roark's sister/Byron's daughter.

6) While there are Pokémon that are directly created by humanity (such as Mewtwo, Golett and Porygon) or came about as a result of human activity (such as Trubbish, Grimer and Voltorb), some others inspired humanity. Klink is responsible for inspiring most forms of machinery, while Vanillite inspired ice-cream.

7) Norman was the Goldenrod Gym Leader at one point and moved to Hoenn. The team he uses initially in Emerald are new Pokémon he's trying out. In the rematches and BW2 he rotates in members of his original team such as Chansey, Tauros and Aipom (hence the Ambipon in BW2). He also captures a few Pokémon in Unova specifically for usage in the PWT, like Sawsbuck and Bouffalant.

8) The reason the Psychics in RSE go barefoot is because they telekinetically float around to move. Combined with the warm climate, there's nothing they need to protect their feet from particularly.

Last edited:
I have one headcanon origin and bio for Missingno that makes it as much as an eldritch abomination as possible.
When the Pokémon world was finished the first common species (non-legendaries) started to appear and populate it. Many of them couldn't adapt to the harsh environment of the first era because the legendaries were constantly fighting among themselves to decide their domains and in the process many species quickly disappeared, only the strongest could survive. Seeing most of them didn't stand a chance during the legendary fights it was decided the weakest would be scrapped from existence. Missingno is the representation of this event, a mismash of all the species that are not part of this plane of existence anymore and therefore is represented as a glitch in the real world, something that wasn't meant to exist. It is unknown what brings this wraith to our world, its state of non-existence makes it unable to comprehend concepts like good or evil and trying to interacting with it may warp the laws of reality as we know it.

I also like to pretend the motive Ghetsis' Hydreigon has Frustration on the max is because it is actually a prototype of Shadow Pokémon he comissioned from Orre. Someone like him would totally do this.

Digletts have Goomba-esque bodies with two mole feet, but no arms. And they scratch you with their feet.

That Devon scientist in RSE that was trying to create a way to read the Pokémon's dreams eventually suceeded and the Dreamworld mechanic are the fruits of his research.

Lorelei actually did her journey in Hoenn
Bruno, Chuck and Brawly were gym trainers under a common master
Glacia is originally from Snowpoint
Agatha and Bertha are either related or good friends
The real reason Volkner's depressed is that he's envious Flint got selected for the E4 and he didn't; but he feels guilty about being so jealous of his good friend
Seedot and Lotad, Zangoose and Seviper, etc. have boom and bust cycles that alternate with each other either due to ecological niche, or direct rivalry
People who do pokemon-related stuff are in a small minority, hence why the community of trainers seems so close-knit
Ralts used to be more common and employed teleportation as a means of escape, much like Abra
Red and Blue are 11 at the end of FRLG, but all other protagonists are several years older
Religion centers around believing that Arceus is a god and not just a powerful pokemon
Magma and Aqua are actually just rival gangs, except their gang symbols are types and not just colors
Cyrus wants to destroy the world because he never got over being heartbroken

Oh, and TMs used to be floppy disks :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of these are ages.

-Red, Blue/Green, and Leaf were all 11 when they began their journey.

-Ethan, Lyra, and Silver were also 11, but turned 12 during the journey.

-Brendan, May, Lucas, Dawn, Barry, Nate, and Rosa are all 13. Wally is 11, and Hugh is 14.

-Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren, and Bianca are all 15. N is 18.

-Steel-type was discovered on accident during an experiment with Rock-type Pokemon such as Onix.

-In ancient times, there were only six type classifications: Magic (Psychic and Electric), Beast (Dragon, Bug, Flying, and Fairy), Earth (Rock and Ground), Balance (Normal, Fighting, Ghost, and Dark), Energy (Grass, Fire, and Water), and Death (Poison and Ghost).

That Devon scientist in RSE that was trying to create a way to read the Pokémon's dreams eventually suceeded and the Dreamworld mechanic are the fruits of his research.

And that was Fennel herself (scientists didn't have gender differences in terms of sprites back then iirc). Thus, Fennel worked for Devon before transferring jobs.

I have a lot of...weird headcanons. That may or may not relate to the real world.

- Bianca's father wasn't overly protective, but abusive. Bianca tries to cover this up by acting like everything is fine, when in reality she was severely depressed before starting her Pokemon journey with her friends.
- Skyla and Elesa are best friends, and often converse about their gym challenges and what's going on in their locations. They often contact each other advice, and important matters. They're actually more than friends
- Both Hilda's and Rosa's mothers were best friends in college.
- Arceus did not create the world of Pokemon. The cause of the creation of the Pokemon world is currently unknown, and scientists in another region are studying this matter.
- When Professor Juniper is not at her lab or studying the origins of Pokemon, she is with her best friend from her studies, Fennel. They compare research and talk about their findings and where they should go for dinner because they are obviously dating
- Red is on Mt. Silver because he thinks he's not good enough, and wants to grow stronger so he can change the world, in his own way.
- Brendan's mom is actually pissed that you barged into her house without knocking, looking for her son, but doesn't show it.
- Pokemon don't die from old age, only from horrible disasters or human causes.
- The world of Pokemon is constantly on edge with human rights issues and politics, where important figures (gym leaders, champions) play a great role in influencing the public. Some of the gym leaders believe very much in Arceusism and are homophobic, while the other gym leaders are too scared of losing their jobs to object. My headcanons say most gym leaders, elite four members, and champions are bi, apparently...idk why Same-sex marriage is only legal in the Kalos region (because it's based off of France), although major human rights advances are occurring in Unova and Sinnoh, with the support of most of the gym leaders, elite four members, and champions.
- Elesa is basically the Lady Gaga of the Pokemon world.
- Some trainers have the ability to live forever, because a legendary Pokemon recognized their strength and kindheartedness, and bestowed upon them this power. They can choose to share their immortality with their friends so they can live forever, too.
- Glitch Pokemon are actually Pokemon that escaped from the Distortion World.
- The Unova Nurse Joys use Audinos because they are stronger and easier to breed (they are a male/female species, not just female, like Chansey, and Ditto's may be hard to find)
- The world of Pokemon is usually peaceful, but a long time ago, the regions were at war. Hoenn, Kanto and Unova allied forces, causing Sinnoh and Johto to join together and become their enemies. Kalos was not part of this war, as it had just been formed and wanted to avoid conflict.

One of my headcanons is this: Red isn't the stoic jackass some other fans heacanon him as (i.e. Pixiv Red). I imagine him as still the curious boy (maybe hotblooded and upbeat too, as indicated by traits shared by all of his anime/manga counterparts; c'mon, they had to have gotten some input on that) that was described in RBGY's manuals and such, only more mature, badass, and wise thanks to his journey.
Expansion: The reason why he's so quiet when you meet him on Mt. Shirogane is because Red has a gigantic mountain fetish. He's not stoic - you just disturbed him during his happy hour and now he's too embarrassed to talk.

In Black & White 2, he's still sexually frustrated and embarrassed by Gold/Hibiki outing his debauchery to the public, being banned from setting foot on mountains ever again, so he remains speechless.

I have a couple about the regions and their themes. Some of these are probably pretty obvious, but I also feel each region has some quirks, which I've underlined.

Kanto- Kanto has sort of a science and technological theme going on. This is why it is the home of Silph Co., which manufactures a lot of the other regions' technology, and the Power Plant. It is home to more Scientists than the other regions, some of which contributing to the cloning of Mew into Mewtwo (during which, a failed clone lead to Ditto) and the creation of Porygon. Kanto is also home to most of, what Bulbapedia calls, inorganic Pokemon, like Magnemite and Voltorb because of this. Kanto also has a high Otaku population, as evidenced by the amount of Super Nerds and Poke Maniacs. The national language is Japanese.

Johto- Johto is more on ancient tradition, though in more ways than one. Geographically, they have many ruins (Ruins of Alph and Sinjoh Ruins) and temples. They discovered the Unown and created the modern Alphabet. Every citizen of Johto is required to learn the Unown script, as per tradition. Johto also has many towers to tie into tradition, such as the Bell Tower and Sprout Tower (no pun intended). The early people of Johto also discovered most of the Pokemon world's medicine. Those of Ecruteak City hold tradition in the highest regard in all of Johto. This is why it has two of the towers. It also has the Kimono Dance Theater where certain honored girls become Kimono Girls based on lineage. The national language is Japanese.

Hoenn- Quite obviously, Hoenn is all about nature, being formed by the battle between Kyogre and Groudon. This is most evident by Fortree City's houses being built in trees. Other cities are also build around many trees, water, and in one case, a Volcano. Nature is left alone, for the most part, which is why certain routes have higher grasses than any others. It also has the most weather conditions. Many tourists visit for it's nice temperatures and tropical areas. Speaking of which, Hoenn has a lot more tourists incorporated into their population; it isn't a place for city people. The national language is Japanese.

Sinnoh- Similar to Johto, Sinnoh is about mythology, particularly about Pokemon. A lot of locations are centered around legendary Pokemon and their relation to Sinnoh. They have a great desire to understand their Pokemon and their relations with humans. People mention things like this in Hearthome's "Foreign Building", the Lost Tower, and Canalave's Library. Sinnoh has many young trainers, since they are taught to make a connection with Pokemon at an early age. Even if they are not trainer age yet, many young people have a Pokemon. Sinnoh has a lot of youths, in general; Hearthome City has a lot of babies in strollers. The national language is Japanese.

Unova- Unova is the flashy region. It's where all of the city loving tourists go. Everything there is just huge and glitzy: Castelia City being the biggest of all regions' largest cities. It is also home to other attractions, like: Nacrene Museum, an Airport, a theme park, and a movie production company (all of the Pokemon world's movies come from Unova). It even has large gyms, bigger Elite Four Rooms, even the Champion's room is gold. The national language is English.

At one point in its history, Unova was more like Sinnoh and Johto, and resembled the region as shown in White/White 2: Opelucid was old-timey, Route 4 had ruins, and the Volcano in Reveral Mountain was active. As it began to get more "glamerous", it was changed; Opelucid City was completely destroyed and rebuilt as the one present in Black/ Black 2, the ruins in Route 4 were built over, and the Volcano went dormant. Black City was also built over White Forest.

Not much can be said for Kalos at the moment except that the national language is French.

Last edited:
I've always had this stupid headcanon where I think Agatha, Karen, Glacia and Bertha are all related somehow. Like Glacia and Karen are cousins and Bertha and Agatha are their respective grandmothers or whatever. It's a silly headcanon...but it's one that I can't shake since forever.

Speaking of Karen, I've always thought she was an ex-Beauty due to her original sprite looking similar to to the R/B/Y Beauty sprite. Even her updated look favors the D/P/Pt Beauty a bit.

Remembered another one:
Ariana is Giovanni's (ex?)wife and Silver's mother. Mars is Silver's long lost sister.

Last edited:
i don't have too many and they may have been mentioned but here..

- when the Bell Tower burn't down (becoming known as the Burned Tower) 3 pokemon perished.... after the fire was all gone Ho-Oh revived these 3 pokemon as Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. but what were they before? these pokemon were actually Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon. (not too much evidence... cool theory though. i like and believe it)

- in the first gen games (specifically Red and Blue) when you head to the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town your rival is in there. he asks you why you were here, you had no dead pokemon to mourn. so why was he here... he did have a pokemon to mourn. he challenges you and notice this is the first battle that he does not use his Raticate. in your fight on the SS Anne you killed his Raticate... (common-known theory but can be disproved by saying he probably just put it in the PC but i believe this theory)

Like Team Gaara, I have regional headcanons.

In Kanto, there is a shortage of men. The only real men you see around are either in Team Rocket, Gym Leaders, or E4 members, besides the very few in each city. The reason for this is the Great Pokemon War, which happened about twenty years prior to the events of Red/Blue, up to around when Red/Leaf and Blue/Green were born. Lt. Surge is but one survivor of the devastating war which took the lives of many men and Pokemon. Lance was a general, and was instantly given the rank of E4 member when the war ended. Blaine is another veteran, and he suffers from PTSD, so he gives riddles to relieve his stress. He does not like to talk about what happened in the war. The older generation tries to hide the fact that a war happened from children, as they are afraid the children may imitate it when they're older. Otherwise, Kanto is a peaceful region. The mail service there involves Pidgey.

In Johto, many people are quite traditional. This is because Johto is a non-secular country and is ruled by it's religion of worshipping Ho-Oh and Lugia. Even still, people are rather open-minded, and accept all cultures. Unfortunately, Team Rocket inhabiting their region made the country step up their security and become more close-minded, and the people became racist towards non-Kantoneans and Johtoneans, as well as homophobic. Johto did it's best to ease the tension between Kanto and the other warring regions (which are as of yet unknown regions to us).

In Hoenn, nature is put first. People are often relaxed and attuned to nature. It is against Hoenn Law to not recycle or conserve energy (even though people leave their TVs on 24/7). Hoenn, though situated in Japan, is basically the California of the Pokemon world. Since Brendan/May's adventure, a branch of Pokestar Studios was constructed in Lilycove City, and on occasion, Sinnoh gym leaders will visit Slateport City to battle PWT-style. Despite how peaceful the people are, many things are illegal, including drinking, same-sex marriage, leaving the country, or even riding a bike without a permit. Hoenn was the last of the four Japanese regions to be founded.

In Sinnoh, people are very religious and connected with their Pokemon. All households have at least one inhabitant that has a Pokemon. In college, Cynthia majored in History and is the world's leading historian and analyzer of mythology, even though she's rather young. Most people have three or four children. Children cannot be given up to orphanages or foster care, and it'd be pointless anyway, as Sinnoh practically has a crime rate of zero (besides Team Galactic). It is the only Japanese region where public discrimination leads to a long prison sentence and same-sex marriage is not only legal, but promoted by the Gym Leaders and Cynthia (who has a bisexual aunt), and most especially by Gardenia, Candice, and Volkner. The legal age for children to become trainers is younger than any region in the world, at only age eight. Originally, Shinx was also given out as a starter Pokemon.

In Unova, the same things that go on in America happen here. The war on drugs, the marriage debate, controversies about celebrities, etc. Elesa is the Lady Gaga of the Pokemon world, as mentioned above. However, Skyla is the one who can actually sing. She used to be a member of Roxie's band before her grandfather retired, leaving her to her gym duties. Drayden and Ghetsis actually used to be best friends, both raised in Opelucid. But when they found N and Iris in the forest together as feral children, they each took one, each vowing to make their child the most influential figure in Unova. Both succeeded, as both became Champion and N convinced some to give up their Pokemon.

Not much can be said about Kalos.

Back
Top Bottom