• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

- Arceus is immortal and omnipotent. He also cannot lose his Plates, ever, as they are a part of him. Because to this, Arceus is all types at once.

- Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are also immortal, as they were designed to keep the balance of the universe (along with Arceus, who is the centerpiece).

- Only Mewtwo, Arceus, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are unique.

- Legendaries have genders and can breed. Mewtwo is a male, but is sterile (or just not able to breed at all since there are no others like him). The Creation trio and Arceus does not have set genders and cannot breed.

- Because legendaries can breed, most (if not all) of them maintain large populations. The reason why they're so rarely seen is because they tend to live far away from humans.

I probably have more, but these are the ones from the top of my head.

- Agatha, Karen, Glacia, Bertha, and Drasna are all in on something.

- Lysandre has a thick Irish accent.

- Porygon2 was released to the general public the day after Red became Champion.

- Charon tampered with Porygon2 after being fired by Silph, creating Porygon-Z. After his arrest in Platinum, Silph stole his Dubious Disc and began mass producing them.

- Orre's desert sands are magnetized, allowing for hoverboard technology.

- Trozei, Conquest, and Rumble are all video games in-universe. The TCG also exists.

- Kurt refuses to have his specialty PokéBalls mass produced, no matter how much money Silph pays him. Devon invented both the Gen III and IV PokéBalls. Laverre City's PokéBall Factory is a joint effort by both Silph and Devon.

- MissingNo. is Mewtwo gone horribly wrong.

- Fantina's Drifblim was caught on Kalos Route 8.

- Cinnabar Gym has been renamed Seafoam Gym.

- Calem, Serena, Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor have each other's Friend Safaris.

- Timeline: FireRed → Emerald → Colosseum → Ranger → Platinum → HeartGold → Ranger 2 → Ranger 3 → XD → Black → Black 2 → X

I do not consider this personal canon but more "what-if" territory: What if Xerneas and Yveltal are actually different sides of the same Pokemon.

1. Glitch trainers in Gen. I were once normal trainers that ran in glitch Pokemon, and out of curiosity, caught them. The glitch Pokemon corrupted them, turning them into glitch trainers.
2. Red is completely mute. When he visits Copycat, he doesn't say anything. Copycat tries to improvise by saying things trainers usually say.
3. Staying in the Chamber of Emptiness for too long will make you fade away.
4. The three birds tried to take over Johto because they were fighting over the Kanto region. They destroyed the Burnt Tower and set it on fire. In rage, Lugia and Ho-oh defeated them and locked them into their respective places in FireRed and LeafGreen. Lugia found a new home in the Seafoam Islands.
5. Vaporeon, Flareon, and Jolteon tried to save the Burnt Tower from destruction, but they were killed by the flames. Because of their courage, Ho-oh transformed them into Suicune, Entei, and Raikou.

That's all I have for now.

EDIT: The Normal type is all the types combined. Since all the types are combined, they cancel each other out, making a neutral Pokemon.

Someone mentioned Sycamore's letter, and I just thought of this

1. When Mom gets the letter, she assumes it's a love letter.
2. The letter smells of pleasant perfume
3. For some reason, we can't check the contents of the letter...
4. Mom almost immediately sends us out of the house after reading the letter
5. Mom is single
6. Sycamore tells Mom about how he wants to talk to me somewhere, when he could have just told me myself (Holocaster much?).

Headcanon: They might have dated when they were younger. Then broke up when Grace had to move. She got married, but later either her husband died or she got a divorce. When she came back, Sycamore sends her a letter - a handwritten letter - about me and probably how they want to continue their relationship if possible.

Everyone knows that the original Youngster Joey is in Johto.
Since I keep noticing other Youngster Joeys in the later generations, I think these Youngster Joeys must be the original Youngster Joey's fan groupies; trying to be like him, but they can't due to lack of Rattata in their region of location and it's too expensive to import them, so they try to make up for it by using the weakest Normal-typed and Bug-typed (?) Pokemon possible or Youngster Joey might be actually trying to get stronger like Ash; going from region to region to become Pokemon Master and starting over everytime or the English translators ran out of names for Youngsters, so to keep Youngster Joey alive, they name one Youngster, from Generation II on, Joey and also to pay tribute to his memory. I wouldn't be surprised if in the Pokemon World, there was a Youngster Joey cult.

I already posted a blog post about my headcanon of why Hiker Andy appears in autumn in the female player/protagonist's BW2 game compared to Hiker Andy previously appearing in the male BW player/protagonist's summer.

Another headcanon of mine:

The three nameless Pokemon in the Brass Tower were all Arcanines before they were killed in the flames.

- Lysandre has a thick Irish accent.

This. This right here. XD

Two of my headcanons:
-In Kalos, Sycamore could actually wipe the floor with you at any time. Every time you win, behind his smile he is secretly laughing on the inside at how many ways he could've destroyed you.

-Something was already mentioned about this, but I think that the Gym Guide is a multi-millionaire. He buys so much bottled water because he wants you to think he is cheap with money and owns a private satellite that is constantly following you around the region. He also has a shiny Alakazam that knows teleport so he can beat you to any gym.

Those rich people and their hobbies. ;)

I have so many head canons.

- People & Pokemon aren't carnivorous. People have somehow invented man-made meat (don't ask me how, they just did. Science! Ask Clemont) and Pokemon don't eat each other either. Everyone eats fruit & veg as a standard.

- Pokemon fight over territory, or partners, and to protect themselves, but it's never fatal. Pokemon don't bleed easily either. They can take Hyper Beams to the face and the worst that'll happen is they'll pass out or get a few bruises. That leads me to...

- The Veilstone myth, I think it's called? This isn't a head canon of mine, more so a possibility... but Human & Pokemon were once one species - but chose very different paths thousands of years ago. Humans chose intelligence, and the ability to reproduce physically, while Pokemon chose power, and the ability to commune with nature much more easily. With that, Pokemon became extremely resistant to damage, wear & tear, and able to perform heavy tasks that normal humans couldn't. The divide was while Humans suffered physically, their sentience was more advanced, and Pokemon, while gaining great physical resistance and their powers, their sentience did not grow like a Human's would. Exceptions exist, however.

- Pokemon reproduction. They don't have intercourse, and they don't have genitalia. They can reproduce when they form an intimate emotional connection with another Pokemon they are compatible with (see egg groups). The eggs appear (magically) when that emotional connection is strong enough, and solid enough. Since Pokemon in captivity spent a lot of time training, and with their trainer, they can't spend time connecting with other Pokemon they can reproduce with, hence why day care became a popular thing, so Pokemon could experience emotional intimacy with their own kind while being trained by a trainer.

- This explains why Legendary Pokemon/Pokemon of no gender can reproduce - they don't necessarily need a gender to be able to reproduce. (Most normal Pokemon do, and must be done with a Pokemon of the opposite gender, but that's mostly so it stays in-line with the game canon)

- Guns/fire arms were never invented. There was never any need. Weapons (such as swords) are mostly for ceremonial & ornamental purposes.

- Player characters are teenagers, not 10 year olds.

- Ariana is Silver's mother (so common it's basically canon)

- Ghost Pokemon aren't actually ghosts. They're called that because they share traits & behaviour patterns from the 'ghosts' humans have claimed to see for years. Ghost Pokemon may even be the reason why humans started believing in ghosts.

That'll do for now...

Last edited:
I like to think that cloning glitches aren't glitches, but are a secret scientific invention only known to my character and a select few individuals. It can happen just as easily as Mewtwo did it in the first movie.

Meeting a shiny is considered a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and you are an extremely lucky trainer if you find a second one.

Sending Pokemon through the PC sends it to your regional professor or professor of personal preference like in the Anime.

There only Legendaries to have more than one of its kind are Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Lugia, Celebi, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Heatran, Regigigas, Shaymin, and Genesect.

Lugia, Latias, and Manaphy are the only Legendaries known to breed.

There was only one Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina until the Arceus event that takes place in Hg/Ss.

The Player Character has a unique bond with Pokemon that the rivals don't, the Player Character is also generally very analytic, unlike all the other trainers, having a wide variety of moves and EVs purposely placed into a specific category, a level of skill only matched by The Elite Four, Champion, and other special trainers (Battle Facility leaders, post-game trainers etc.)

Hundreds of years ago, the Sinjoh Ruins are what remains of a frozen path that connected Sinnoh to Johto, but global warming melted that to ocean, and this is the only spot remaining of that path, what used to be an icy path between Sinnoh and Johto is now the ocean that can only be taken by ship to get from one region to the other.. Sinnoh Pokemon could come to the Kanto and Johto regions, but something scared the Sinnoh Pokemon off and Sinnoh somehow became distant to the north of Kanto and Johto's landmasses. The Sinjoh ruins are distant from Sinnoh now, but Sinnoh used to be quite close.

Sinnoh is directly north Kanto, and it takes at least a day to get there on boat.

Hoenn is south-west of Johto, which is why Groudon and Kyogre and Rayquaza appear just west of Cianwood, at the Embedded Tower.

Unova is north of Johto quite a ways, being westish of Sinnoh, but not quite posessing the cold climate Sinnoh does. It can take up to a week to get there on boat. That's why the port is on the south-side of Unova, because most, if not all regions are to the south or east.

Kalos' surrounding water is mostly to the west, so I think Kalos is completely east of Kanto, and again, it can easily take a week to get there on boat.

My Player Character follows his own storyline too, beginning his journey in Hoenn (Emerald), eventually going to Sinnoh (Diamond), then Johto and Kanto (SoulSilver), Unova (White 2), and finally Kalos (Y). He always sends his Pokemon to Prof. Birch.

I have so many head canons.

- People & Pokemon aren't carnivorous. People have somehow invented man-made meat (don't ask me how, they just did. Science! Ask Clemont) and Pokemon don't eat each other either. Everyone eats fruit & veg as a standard.

- Pokemon fight over territory, or partners, and to protect themselves, but it's never fatal. Pokemon don't bleed easily either. They can take Hyper Beams to the face and the worst that'll happen is they'll pass out or get a few bruises. That leads me to...

- The Veilstone myth, I think it's called? This isn't a head canon of mine, more so a possibility... but Human & Pokemon were once one species - but chose very different paths thousands of years ago. Humans chose intelligence, and the ability to reproduce physically, while Pokemon chose power, and the ability to commune with nature much more easily. With that, Pokemon became extremely resistant to damage, wear & tear, and able to perform heavy tasks that normal humans couldn't. The divide was while Humans suffered physically, their sentience was more advanced, and Pokemon, while gaining great physical resistance and their powers, their sentience did not grow like a Human's would. Exceptions exist, however.

- Pokemon reproduction. They don't have intercourse, and they don't have genitalia. They can reproduce when they form an intimate emotional connection with another Pokemon they are compatible with (see egg groups). The eggs appear (magically) when that emotional connection is strong enough, and solid enough. Since Pokemon in captivity spent a lot of time training, and with their trainer, they can't spend time connecting with other Pokemon they can reproduce with, hence why day care became a popular thing, so Pokemon could experience emotional intimacy with their own kind while being trained by a trainer.

- This explains why Legendary Pokemon/Pokemon of no gender can reproduce - they don't necessarily need a gender to be able to reproduce. (Most normal Pokemon do, and must be done with a Pokemon of the opposite gender, but that's mostly so it stays in-line with the game canon)

- Guns/fire arms were never invented. There was never any need. Weapons (such as swords) are mostly for ceremonial & ornamental purposes.

- Player characters are teenagers, not 10 year olds.

- Ariana is Silver's mother (so common it's basically canon)

- Ghost Pokemon aren't actually ghosts. They're called that because they share traits & behaviour patterns from the 'ghosts' humans have claimed to see for years. Ghost Pokemon may even be the reason why humans started believing in ghosts.

That'll do for now...
-Pokemon are a cover up of a biological outbreak of mutants from a countrys lab, probably the us, which then spread, or fights over controlling the mutants is the war in BW/BW2.

This would explain the multitude of ruins in unova compaired to other games.

-Dialga and Palkia are physical manifestation of two halves of the Doctor's TARDIS' soul, which he released prior to his death in Trenzalore.
-While attempting to clone Mew, two Dittos were created which then bred and created the whole species which over time lost the ability to breed with the same species.
-Charizard and Mewtwo have strands of Eevee's unstable DNA which is why they have two possible Mega Evolutions.
-Professor Sycamore is from Kanto.

-Lt. Surge is Elesa' estranged father and Clay is her adoptive father. Surge also has another child, Volkner and Surge's father is Wattson. That would explain her closeness to Clay. I doubt they're friends as they have completely different interests and personalities. They could be lovers but I'm not so sure as the difference in age between the two makes it unlikely.

-Grimsley is Koga's son.

-Sinnoh is the West Virginia/Texas of the Pokemon world.

-Unova and Kanto are the most technologically advanced regions in the Pokemon world. Hoenn is third though science in Hoenn focuses making life better for people without destroying nature.

-In the Pokemon world regions are what we call countries.

-Koga runs the Indigo League.

-Skyla fought in the war with Lt. Surge and is how she knows Elesa.

-Koga refused to fight in the war and was a conscientious objector. Koga's wife is actually Karen but she is not Janine's mother. Koga's first wife died during the War. Only by the time HG/SS occurs does Koga remarry.

-Religion does exist in the Pokemon universe but there is no one predominant religion. Some regions like Kanto are generally irreligious and others such as Sinnoh are deeply religious.

Here's one for ya, from an old thread I made way back when:

Please feel free to move this if it is in the wrong section.

Ever since the first pair of remakes, FireRed and LeafGreen, were released to the public, it has been believed by many that the original games are no longer considered canonical.

Others believe the reverse—that the originals override remakes any day.

But what if this isn't the case? What if all the games, originals and remakes included, are perfectly canon?

Remember that back in Generation II, Bill managed to master time travel by inventing the Time Capsule. This device allowed then-present-day trainers to trade their Pokémon to the past, and trainers from the past were able to trade to what they considered to be the future.

A generation later, in FireRed and LeafGreen, Bill introduced players to the Sevii Islands, a place not seen in Generation I. However, if the player decided not to go with Bill the first time he asked, then he waited at the Cinnabar Island Pokémon Center...and at his cottage at Cerulean Cape. At the same time.

As far as I know, if spoken to at his cottage, he remains blissfully unaware of his appointment with Celio.

Some would dismiss this as nothing more than a continuity error or programming oversight. But what if it isn't? What if the Bill at the Cinnabar Pokémon Center is actually Bill from the future, having stuffed himself into his Time Capsule and traveled back three years to introduce the Generation II and III Pokémon to the world, long before they're even discovered?

This does raise an issue, however—as the Time Capsule is not present in HeartGold and SoulSilver, had Bill traveled to the past, he would have become trapped there since neither he nor his younger self bothered to invent time travel.

Then again, if Bill were to encounter and befriend a Pokémon with power over time—such as Celebi or Dialga—he wouldn't have to invent artificial time travel in order to return to his own time. Considering that Celebi will take just about anyone who is pure of heart under its wing, this isn't unlikely. And, yes, even though he mucked around with time itself, Bill can still be considered pure of heart since he had nothing but good, scientific intentions in mind.

Using this hypothesis, it can be determined that the original games did happen—Bill just later went back and changed the timeline for the benefit of the scientific community, allowing esteemed Professors like Oak and Birch to catalogue more Pokémon in a shorter amount of time.

On an unrelated note, this also allows Bill—and possibly other characters as well—to witness alternative timelines. For example, if Leaf were born instead of Red, or if Gold had chosen Totodile instead of Cyndaquil, or if all of the protagonists and rivals had different names entirely, thus making all decisions made by the player canonical as well.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the wonderful world of paradoxes.

Yeah, call me a nerd. It's what I am.

*Clap, clap, clap, clap*

I just want to put this genius in the spotlight again.

-AZ and his Floette were in a romantic relationship. X and Y bring up the story about humans and Pokemon getting married in the distant past. I mean look at that ending and tell me AZ's feelings are purely platonic.

-Leaf is not a girl. She is Red wearing a wig, fake boobs, girdle, and skirt. Hence her not having any appearance outside being a playable character in FR and LG, and almost none of the script changing depending on the gender you pick.

• Professor Sycamore is as gay as springtime. That, uh...that one's pretty obvious. His flamboyant style, the perfumed letter. They all but say it outright.

• "Psychic" trainers aren't really psychic; humans in the Pokemon world can't be. They've simply found a way to get their Psychic-type Pokemon to do psychic stuff for them while still in thier Pokeballs.

• Pokemon don't physically breed with each other, they do some kind of ritual and Arceus sends them an Egg. That's why no one's ever observed a Pokemon making or laying an Egg, and why ridiculous pairs of Pokemon can breed (Skitty and Wailord, for example).

• Humans in the Pokemon world are all exclusively vegetarian. Nobody's slaughtering Tauroses or Miltanks and eating their flesh.

• Pokemon don't physically breed with each other, they do some kind of ritual and Arceus sends them an Egg. That's why no one's ever observed a Pokemon making or laying an Egg, and why ridiculous pairs of Pokemon can breed (Skitty and Wailord, for example).

-I like to think the pokemon that come out of eggs are not newborns they are just young pokemon that were teleported to the daycare center and held in the egg until they are mature. Using incenses force pokemon to hatch before maturing. Hence why Newborn Cubone have mothers and newborn Kangaskhan have babies.

• Humans in the Pokemon world are all exclusively vegetarian. Nobody's slaughtering Tauroses or Miltanks and eating their flesh.

Except the people Team Rocket was selling illegal Slowpoke tails to. Like the restaurant in Lumiose City that serves Slowpoke tails.

tumblr_mw9vanLVYl1sdb75so1_1280.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_mw9vanLVYl1sdb75so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mw9vanLVYl1sdb75so1_500.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Hence, "headcanon," not, "argument that this thing I believe is supported by fact."

Although I'm not sure if the Slowpoke Tails is in the original Japanese.

Hence, "headcanon," not, "argument that this thing I believe is supported by fact."

Although I'm not sure if the Slowpoke Tails is in the original Japanese.

To each their own. It would certainly be a weird twist to see something more disturbing then the original come from a translation.

Back
Top Bottom