• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

I like to think that several established Pokemon are related to eachother through evolution (the metamorphosis, not the scientific theory), but through currently unknown methods.

For example:

Luvdisc > ? > Alomomola

Miltank < ? > Tauros

Pichu > Pikachu > Raichu < ? < Dedenne

Zinnia once had a daughter named Aster who died. Now she suffers psychosis and her Whismer she named after Aster is the surrogate she uses to try and keep her daughter alive. Zinnia's goal in ORAS is mixed between letting the asteroid hit, or going on a suicide mission and be reunited with her daughter in the after life. either way, she wanted to die.

Oh, and Giddy and the others are the Hoenn Rangers spoken about at various points.

Last edited:
Fairy type was a very recent discovery. A few months before the events of XY, the 3000-year-old energy from the Weapon caused mutations in many different Pokemon in Kalos, changing their typing to Fairy and giving them various resistances, weaknesses, and powers that hadn't existed before. Pure Fairy-types, like a Floette, for example, were a different type before this phenomenon. The Weapon's activation during the events of XY irradiated the atmosphere with this same energy, causing Pokemon in other regions to mutate into Fairy as well.

Steel and Dark-types may have also arisen from this as well, possibly arising earlier than fairy. However, this could also be explained by the alternate universe theory. (Who'da thought I actually was kind of right about that being a thing?)

Mega Stones and Key Stones are the fossilized remains of Yvetal's victims which were energized through natural (meteor showers) and unnatural (Ultimate Weapon) events. Mega Stones are Pokémon remains, Key Stones Human Remains.

Also the Soul Dew, Red, Blue and (Jade?) Orbs are all formed in a similar process, but with the Pokémon's own energy as the catalysis.

The Cold Woman in Mauville Hills apartment is actually the Elite Four's Galacia.

Waltson's wife: I ain't saying she's a gold digger; but she ain't messing with no broke fat old white guy.

The Corporation talked about when New Mauville is brought up, is actually a front/shell corporation Team Rocket ran.

the guy who sells you the Metronome on the roof of Mauville is actually the Piano player guy who slips out of his apartment unnoticed by his stalker next door. He has his intercom transmitted to a walkie talkie or similar device to talk to you, and that is why he never opens the door.

In the Battle Resort's Battle Masion Building's 2nd Floor, the Delinquent who has a Serviper is actually the future Pike Queen Lucy. When she gets her title, she cleans up her act and stops dying her hair blond.

Zinnia once had a daughter named Aster who died. Now she suffers psychosis and her Whismer she named after Aster is the surrogate she uses to try and keep her daughter alive. Zinnia's goal in ORAS is mixed between letting the asteroid hit, or going on a suicide mission and be reunited with her daughter in the after life. either way, she wanted to die.

She seems a bit young to have a daughter to me. She must be at least mid-teens. I suppose the only way that could work is if she was a teen mother and her daughter died when she was only a few months old or something.

Wattson's wife: I ain't saying she's a gold digger; but she ain't messing with no broke fat old white guy.

I think she's a beard :p

My timeline is Yellow with Red as the hero and Pikachu as his starter - Emerald with May as the hero and Blaziken as her starter - Crystal with Ethan/Gold as the hero and Typhlosion as his starter - Platinum with Dawn as the hero and Empoleon as her starter - Black (that's the version I played :p) with Hilda as the hero and Samurott as her starter - Black 2 with Nate as the hero and Emboar as his starter (blame the trailer).

I haven't gotten ORAS yet (my parents won't let me get it until Christmas :/) but I have read some stuff about the Delta Episode so I'll leave X/Y off of here till a later date.

Also Colosseum and the first Ranger game take place between Emerald and Crystal, while the second Ranger games takes place around the same time as Crystal and Platinum and the third Ranger game and XD: Gale of Darkness take place between Crystal and Black (Platinum would start around the time Gold reaches the Lake of Rage but end before Gold beats Red).

I have many more but I'm tired so for now I'll just leave it at my timeline headcanon.

Last edited:
Gen I and II are part of a drastically alternate universe. Rather than having more minor differences, such as details or chain of events, the universe itself is very different; Pokemon's diversity didn't go past Celebi, and their biological structure functioned in an alternate way (this is why IV's work differently). Missingno. is responsible for these changes, distorting existence with its own presence. Hall of Fame, a place where achievements are recorded "for all of time" is severely damaged by Missingno. because of this, and travel to and from those versions from newer realities is impossible.

Cipher's Shadow Pokémon project was the result of some peon suppressing a Pokémon's heart to the point that it could no longer use Infinity Energy in order to level-up, evolve, nor Mega-Evolve. As a side effect, Cipher discovered a new type of Energy born from the absence of Infinity Energy in a Pokémon. They dubbed this "Shadow Energy," and called Pokémon who could wield this power "Shadow Pokémon." Thus, the plot of Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness happened.

Pokemon are like the X-Men. Their existence is the result of genetic mutations in normal plants and animals.

"Endangered" Pokemon like Lapras and Stantler are abundant in the regions they still inhabit because capturing them would be illegal otherwise.

The National Dex Pokemon had returned to Hoenn prior to ORAS but did not begin to flourish until after the weather event.

More possibly forthcoming.

- Trainer's school is essentially a combination of the first three educational stages and driver's ed. Children can start as early as 2 1/2 years of age and graduate as late as 18 years of age, though most typically do so around the age of 10, one example of this being Wally. Upon graduation, they become certified as trainers and are given their trainer IDs. However, this doesn't mean they can't own Pokemon beforehand, in fact, it's common for children to have their own by the age of 5, the only restrictions of not being a certified trainer is that they are prohibited from venturing out on their own journeys and from participating in official league battles.

- Rosa's mother so often preaches the importance of having a good knowledge of medicine, given her original profession, to the point where she educated her daughter on it from an early age. This often causes Rosa to instinctively treat both Hugh and his Pokemon's injuries after he does something reckless, much to his annoyance.

- Hilbert's incentive to leave Unova wasn't just to find N. Sometime after helping Looker round up the remaining sages, he receives a message from Zinzolin from prison: Once Team Plasma is rebuilt, they will come for him and everyone he cares about, even if they have to find out who else they may be. Hilbert, however, doesn't feel concerned about this until he learns from the Shadow Triad that Ghetsis has escaped. Believing it's the only way to protect his friends and family, Hilbert leaves Unova, telling no one except using the white lie to find N on his mother. In fact, part of the reason why Rosa's mother, who happens to be Hilbert's aunt, doesn't know about Team Plasma or the events of the past two years is because neither he nor his cousin, who was present when Hugh's sister's Purrloin was stolen, unbeknownst to him, spoke of it.

That's all I have for now.

Last edited:
- Malva of the Kalos Elite Four, who once belonged to Team Flare, had a romantic relationship with Lysandre. For whatever reason that's unknown at the moment, something happened between the two of them that ended up being the last straw on Lysandre's hope for humanity. Driven to insanity, this is what subsequently leads to his plan of wiping out everybody not involved with Team Flare.

- I think the Draconids have history with the other regions, like perhaps tried to colonize in them in the past. That's why we see Dragon-specializing Trainers outside of Hoenn.

Bonus Headcanon: Team Plasma is using a Hoopa to come into our world, and is using the Plasma Frigate to dump all the snow in Boston, Massachusetts.

Lisia is somehow related to Wallace. Maybe not exactly a daughter, but maybe a Niece or somrthing. Maybe she even is adopted, seeing as they share the fabulousness and contests, but not really that much of appearance.

Lisia is somehow related to Wallace. Maybe not exactly a daughter, but maybe a Niece or somrthing. Maybe she even is adopted, seeing as they share the fabulousness and contests, but not really that much of appearance.

It's confirmed Lisia is Wallace's niece (daughter of Wallace's older sister)

It's confirmed Lisia is Wallace's niece (daughter of Wallace's older sister)

Oh really? That's awesome, didn't know that.

- Trainer's school is essentially a combination of the first three educational stages and driver's ed. Children can start as early as 2 1/2 years of age and graduate as late as 18 years of age, though most typically do so around the age of 10, one example of this being Wally. Upon graduation, they become certified as trainers and are given their trainer IDs. However, this doesn't mean they can't own Pokemon beforehand, in fact, it's common for children to have their own by the age of 5, the only restrictions of not being a certified trainer is that they are prohibited from venturing out on their own journeys and from participating in official league battles.

I mainly agree with the latter half of this one, the part about ownership, though I'm not sure how I'd put certification into that and I'm not even going to touch education.

I mainly agree with the latter half of this one, the part about ownership, though I'm not sure how I'd put certification into that and I'm not even going to touch education.
Yeah, I myself hadn't really thought it fully through.

Back
Top Bottom