• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

I still like the idea of the Striaton triplets being the Shadow Triad. I think they lied about encountering the Shadow Triad to clear their names since they know that it looked bad when they didn't show up to help the others. Nobody can confirm this event ever took place since there are no witnesses.

Why didn't Bianca just call them? Don't they have phones? They probably didn't pick up because they weren't at home but instead at the castle.

The reason they gave up on their gym is because they needed to support Ghetsis who is now catatonic. This is a karamatic punishment for kidnapping and enslaving N.

Also Cress says this in BW2 after the flashback:

"Part of my past I want to forget... No, I mustn't forget it."

If he is not Shadow Triad this is a plot hole. What about Cress' past is so shameful that he wants to forget it?

I think the Shadow Triad member who showed you the room in which N was imprisoned was actually Cress. He might have trouble feeling empathy towards N (and other people in general) but this a product of Ghetsis' abuse. I think he actually wanted the world to know about N's abuse so he betrayed Ghetsis by witnessing against Ghetsis' crimes by showing you the room. He really just wants to live a normal life together with his two brothers but old habits are hard to change. They didn't dare to oppose Ghetsis until they knew that he couldn't hurt them anymore.

The reason why they still take care of catatonic Ghetsis is because they want to repay N by helping him with his disabled father. They don't actually want to rebuild Team Plasma.

Development headcanon time!: Pikachu was almost cut from the Hoenn dex. I'm judging this on the fact that Pikachu is found extremely late in the game (the Safari Zone) and that only one trainer has one for some reason. Compared to how Pikachu is treated in the games, I find it pretty surprising that it seems like an afterthought there. I guess that would have been a selling point for me.

Ditto and the Porygon variants are highly sought pokemon for criminals due to their potential in impersonation/hacking. However, Ditto constantly transform into something less attractive to avoid capture and the Porygon line is kept under tight security, so they rarely actually get misused.

Where does meat come from in the Pokemon world? Well, that's a tough question if they've all got human-like intelligence, or sentience. I've spent a while thinking about this.
  • Carrion: Pokemon will eat the random dead bodies they find in the forest, as long as it's not the same species as them. Their guts are strong enough to handle the bacteria and fungi on a rotting corpse, although they prefer fresh bodies.
  • Hunting: I lied. Not all Pokemon are sentient, and humans and Pokemon will kill them for meat. Since their population is small, humans and Pokemon hunt them rarely and their fresh meat is considered a delicacy. Usually, it's standalone Pokemon with no evolutionary line that aren't sentient. There are plenty of exceptions to this rule, though. Seedot isn't sentient but it does evolve, while Audino is sentient but has no evolutionary line.
  • Sharing: This isn't strictly meat, but Pokemon which produce and store their own food, like Chansey and their eggs, may share their products with friends or sell them.
  • Battling: Not all species are content with carrion. Many sentient Pokemon try to knock out other sentient Pokemon. Once their opponent has fainted, they kill it and start eating. This is risky because the attacker might get knocked out and killed themselves, so it's generally quite rare. It's better for Pokemon to form bonds with each other to avoid this behaviour.
  • Funerals: Excarnation, where a dead body has its flesh removed so that only the bones are left behind, may also be a source of meat for Pokemon and humans. Again, Pokemon will avoid eating friends, relatives, or those of the same species.
That has an impact on the way people live their lives.
  • Pokemon will only do battle for trainers they trust to protect them. This is because fainting in the wild is so risky. Fainting itself isn't harmful to Pokemon, and they'll wake up after a minute or two. It's the vulnerability that comes with it that is so dangerous.
  • Wild Pokemon also get into groups to sleep and travel. These may be of the same species or a bunch of different species.
  • Sleeping wild Pokemon usually have a watchman or guard in case a predator arrives. Humans also do this; their cities and towns usually have nightwatchmen and guards.
  • Funerals generally take the form of leaving wild Pokemon to eat the body's flesh and then storing the bones in a memorial jar. This jar might be buried or cremated. Not all regions practice this.
  • Humans are particularly weak compared to other Pokemon. Humans won't travel outside their homes without a friendly Pokemon which has agreed to defend them.
  • Human healing technology is considered very valuable, and this gives Pokemon an incentive not to kill them.
  • Another incentive not to kill a human is the fear of a reprisal from other humans, which are very social creatures and have strong bonds with each other. This applies for social species of Pokemon as well.
edited to address Nitro's comment.

Last edited:
Those which are standalone Pokemon, which do not evolve or have pre-evolutions, aren't sentient, so Pokemon and humans alike don't mind hunting them.
That seems arbritrary. Ever read Lapras' PokeDex entries?

Also, this reminds me of a Tumblr post asking rhetorical questions about where meat comes from in Pokémon, and then Digimon is just "meat is a crop that grows from the ground." (This is referring to the original Digimon World, if you're confused.)

Reason why Red clearly talks in R/B/G/Y/FR/LG, but every other apperance has him "speak" only in ellipses? He suffered a major throat injury while fighting Mewtwo, rendering him permamently mute. Esentially, Mewtwo realised he's commanding his Pokemon with his voice, but doesn't have any way of defending himself, and thus considered him a high priority target. This factored into his decision to give up on the position of the league champion, and trying to find a way around it was the main reason for his training atop Mt. Silver (after all, verbal communication is crucial in Pokemon battling).

Last edited:
Not really a headcanon, but N believes he was born from Pokemon because he doesn't want to be associated with (edit: moral) human qualities, (of) the people who hurt his friends, and because he feels more connected with Pokemon of course. Ghetsis never acted like N was his family/never gave him love which further motivated this belief.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really a headcanon, but N believes he was born from Pokemon because he doesn't want to be associated with human qualities, the people who hurt his friends, and because he feels more connected with Pokemon of course. Ghetsis never acted like N was his family/never gave him love which further motivated this belief.
So, N is a therian?

So, N is a therian?
ah i dont know what that means.. but if it is what i think it is then not at all. also i didnt come up with this btw, masuda said, "N believes he was born from Pokémon; the parents are unknown." and i just expanded on that ><)

ah i dont know what that means.. but if it is what i think it is then not at all. also i didnt come up with this btw, masuda said, "N believes he was born from Pokémon; the parents are unknown." and i just expanded on that ><)
Those are people that believe that they more like animals trapped in human bodies. What you wrote about N made me think of that.

Those are people that believe that they more like animals trapped in human bodies. What you wrote about N made me think of that.
yeah not at all : O he knows he's human !!!!!!! a human born from a pokemon.. i would think he doesnt take it to heart? EDIT: also i just checked and this is all a big misunderstanding because of the translation; the literal one simply says that its a rumor, not anything about him believing in it. uh oh lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyurem's original eye color wasn't entirely yellow, the irises of his eyes were instead red on the left eye and blue on the right eye. Conversely, as the Original Dragon, the "mask" had white surrounding the red eye while black surrounded the blue eye, to give that extra yin-yang feel.

Kanto was part of Johto and mostly a region made up of forests with the only real settlements being Lavendertown with their massive tower built in honor of passed pokemon companions, Vermillion as a small seaside settlement, and Fuchsia City which has a map description of 'a historic village that has become new'.

After the development in Goldenrod began, there were many people who wanted to begin expanding other cities as well. However, many were against it and there was a rift that divided the population. An agreement was made and while the cities of Johto were left mostly unchanged, attention and development shifted focus to the area on the other side of Mount Silver's mountain range. The existing settlements were left as they were at this point. As the other cities started being built, it was obvious that it was having an adverse effect on the environment, to the point that the lone body of water in the newly built up Celadon City only being home to pokemon with head-based issues (Psyduck's constant headaches/Slowpoke's... slowpoke-ness) and a living sludge soon named Grimer. It also began to attract Koffing.

It was at this point that those in Johto who appreciated and respected history and the land around them openly protested against the continued expansion to the east and after a bit of a civil war, the region was split in two one half staying Johto and the other half becoming the region of Kanto. Since then, the expansion has gone so far as to have the entirety of the tower in Lavender town demolished and replaced with a Radio Tower like the one in Goldenrod, and before that the formerly Historic town of Fuchsia being altered and turned into the closest thing to a nature preserve Kanto could manage, mostly to appease those more Johto-leaning residents from before the expansion began.

The Unovan brothers were originally from Galar and brought many Pokemon from Galar with them. Of course, without one single force, it was impossible to unite the then-new region and agree on its name. It was only then that the Original Dragon arrived from the meteor that the unification of the region and its name, Unova became possible. The war between the brothers wasn't the first war they have experienced, it was a result of freeing their people from Galar's grasps since they wanted to have their own rules, which is partly why Dragon-types are the focus of Unova's main history thanks to the Original Dragon lending that important helping hand in keeping the army from Galar out of Unova (with a little bit of Kalos's help as well).

Bewears don't notice when they kill people.

People whose spirits are absorbed by Chandelure become Chandelure.

Deoxys causes Pokerus (i can't remember if this was confirmed or not.)

Allister and Bea were childhood friends.

Misty is a brat. (This isn't a headcanon this is a FACT)

Back
Top Bottom