• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

Wasn’t the entire point of Rose awakening Eternatus is to provide Galar with energy?
Using Eternatus as a concentrated energy source was basically the goal, if all the energy was in one place, Rose would be able to provide the energy easily. But the energy overload brings pain to the Pokemon as seen with a lot of Mega Evolutions.

Using Eternatus as a concentrated energy source was basically the goal, if all the energy was in one place, Rose would be able to provide the energy easily. But the energy overload brings pain to the Pokemon as seen with a lot of Mega Evolutions.
Yes, but you say this:
Rose made Eternatus suffer because he forced it to absorb all of Galar's energy,
But nowhere during the climax does Rose channel any of Galar's in-use energy into Eternatus, unless I missed something.
And Galar particles are Eternatus' own energy source, unlike Mega Evolution which supplies external energy from the stone which isn’t innate to the Pokémon, so Eternatus will not suffer in the Eternamax form.

Yes, but you say this:

But nowhere during the climax does Rose channel any of Galar's in-use energy into Eternatus, unless I missed something.
And Galar particles are Eternatus' own energy source, unlike Mega Evolution which supplies external energy from the stone which isn’t innate to the Pokémon, so Eternatus will not suffer in the Eternamax form.

Da Pokédex:

> "The core on its chest absorbs energy emanating from the lands of the Galar region. This energy is what allows Eternatus to stay active."

> "As a result of Rose's meddling, Eternatus absorbed all the energy in the Galar region. It's now in a state of power overload."

I assume it's kind of a multi-step process - Eternatus naturally (perhaps even automatically, as if this were its version of breathing) absorbs nearby energy to sate itself, and produces Galar particles as a result. Think photosynthesis or something. CO2 goes in, oxygen comes out.

What I don't think is quite clear is why it would have gone into a "state of power overload" because of what Rose did. As far as we're aware, he only exposed it to Wishing Stars - which we're later told are parts of itself. But then, I've said before that I don't think Eternatus, even in its base form, seems "incomplete" like Kyurem or Necrozma, unless we're meant to imagine that it was once covered in muscles and skin which somehow became the Wishing Stars. So perhaps the Wishing Stars are clumps of Galar particles that were already released by Eternatus, and therefore not something it was meant to consume (this might explain why they still fall from the sky even though Eternatus itself is underground in Rose's power plant). And by feeding them to Eternatus, Rose caused its power to increase exponentially.

I also don't think it's clear whether or not E-Max is its true/original form. The move description for Eternabeam suggests that it is, saying that Eternabeam is its most powerful attack in its "original form," and of course it briefly takes on the E-Max form when using the move. However, the Pokédex entry above describes E-Max as an overloaded state. But perhaps there's a compromise - maybe the E-Max form is its original look, but the ridiculously high 1125 BST is an anomaly due to the excess of power it has during the climax. Obviously, when it does use Eternabeam, it doesn't suddenly gain a shitload of extra BST power even though it assumes that form again. (But of course, this raises the question of what the point of its "normal" form even is - I guess it could be akin to Xerneas's Neutral/Active Modes, since under normal circumstances there's no stat increase? Or maybe it is, amusingly, more like Keldeo, just a little more fluid.)

Da Pokédex:

> "The core on its chest absorbs energy emanating from the lands of the Galar region. This energy is what allows Eternatus to stay active."

> "As a result of Rose's meddling, Eternatus absorbed all the energy in the Galar region. It's now in a state of power overload."

I assume it's kind of a multi-step process - Eternatus naturally (perhaps even automatically, as if this were its version of breathing) absorbs nearby energy to sate itself, and produces Galar particles as a result. Think photosynthesis or something. CO2 goes in, oxygen comes out.

What I don't think is quite clear is why it would have gone into a "state of power overload" because of what Rose did. As far as we're aware, he only exposed it to Wishing Stars - which we're later told are parts of itself. But then, I've said before that I don't think Eternatus, even in its base form, seems "incomplete" like Kyurem or Necrozma, unless we're meant to imagine that it was once covered in muscles and skin which somehow became the Wishing Stars. So perhaps the Wishing Stars are clumps of Galar particles that were already released by Eternatus, and therefore not something it was meant to consume (this might explain why they still fall from the sky even though Eternatus itself is underground in Rose's power plant). And by feeding them to Eternatus, Rose caused its power to increase exponentially.

I also don't think it's clear whether or not E-Max is its true/original form. The move description for Eternabeam suggests that it is, saying that Eternabeam is its most powerful attack in its "original form," and of course it briefly takes on the E-Max form when using the move. However, the Pokédex entry above describes E-Max as an overloaded state. But perhaps there's a compromise - maybe the E-Max form is its original look, but the ridiculously high 1125 BST is an anomaly due to the excess of power it has during the climax. Obviously, when it does use Eternabeam, it doesn't suddenly gain a shitload of extra BST power even though it assumes that form again. (But of course, this raises the question of what the point of its "normal" form even is - I guess it could be akin to Xerneas's Neutral/Active Modes, since under normal circumstances there's no stat increase? Or maybe it is, amusingly, more like Keldeo, just a little more fluid.)
I hadn’t read the Pokédex entries of Eternatus before, relying mostly on the dialogue I saw. I’m honestly not sure which form is the “neutral state”.

My headcannon is that the Wishing Stars were shed by Eternatus's own doing without anything else being involved because Eternatus was in space when shedding its Wishing Stars from its body, kind of like how a snake sheds its old skin just by its own doing. However, since the Wishing Stars still contained that extra energy, the Darkest Day happened, with Eternatus itself accidentally absorbing that energy that it was never meant to absorb and transforming into its Eternamax form in the past, it's that same energy that made thousands of Pokemon Dynamax.

This also explains why Wishing Stars still fall in the current times despite Eternatus itself slumbering somewhere in Galar. That's because not all Wishing Stars had fallen to the Galar region yet.

Alder has a Larvesta farm in Floccesy Ranch, as of B2W2 post-game. His current Volcarona is raised from the ranch, which in turn, was a tribute to his deceased (first) Volcarona.

There was an idea that sort of came up during the prerelease period of SwoShi when we first saw pictures of Eternatus in Pokémon Camp, that maybe it could increase or decrease its size at will. I rather like that thought, so I'm keeping it in my headcanon with the slight modification that it's not actually changing size; much like with Dynamax, it's merely warping the space around itself to appear (and interact with the environment) as if it were smaller.

The SwSh Gym Leader Battle music is actually the official theme song of the Galar League (basically Galar's version of that NFL Theme Song that sounds very similar to Sleigh Ride). When a Gym Leader is down to their last Pokémon, it's tradition to blast the song over the stadium's speakers & for the crowd to chant along to it, just like they do in the games.

The whole hype around the battle culture is way bigger than we see in game. All the Gym Leaders and champions have loads of merchandise including but not limited to plushes, toys and stuff like Rotom Phone covers.

You can buy league cards in stores but the ones that you get from gym leaders and others are only given to gym challengers.

A bunch of stupid ones:

• There is a mixtape that exists somewhere in the Pokemon universe that contains 10 hours of remixes of Crasher Wake's theme song, and nothing else. Wake used to bring it to meetings with the other Sinnoh gym leaders, who got tired of listening to it and buried it somewhere in the Great Marsh, pretending it was stolen by a rowdy Starly or something.
  • Falkner's dad is, in fact, far more handsome than Falkner is and ever will be. He travels the world to try and not only train himself and his Pokemon, but also to hit on pretty ladies, with varying degrees of success.
  • Volkner hates sand.
  • A hypothetical Mega Barbaracle would just be a massive rock/golem monster made up of dozens of Binacle. They'd act perfectly in sync, like some weird kind of alien hivemind thing.
  • Rotom-tech is a thing that might exist one day: All appliances will no longer require energy inputs from power plants, but instead, people will be able to buy a series of appliances that can all be powered by a single Rotom jumping between them. The only thing preventing this from occurring is the fact that Rotom are rare Pokemon, and would thusly not be too easy to find and keep around the house.
  • Because of the alternate universe stuff going on in the series, every single headcanon in this thread and all the other headcanon threads is canon in my headcanon, but they all exist in different dimensions from each other.
  • ^That goes for the entire pokemon shipping list, too. Maybe some are more likely to be canon in more universes than others, but I believe that every single pairing on that list is 100% canon in at least one alternate universe somewhere. Every. Single. Pairing.

Couldn't they just breed Rotom, though?

Aaaaand now we're in a dystopia, breeding out slaves for the sole purpose of providing for humanity's energy needs... :eek:

Although, at least it would be the easiest uprising ever if the Rotom ever got tired of it and got organized. "Honey, did you leave the lawn mower runn--!"

The company behind the Rotomi service in Galar has plans to develop a fully-automated smart resort powered and staffed by Rotom, called the Roto-Motel.

Last edited:
It's possible to Dynamax anything in the world, not just Pokemon, but since most of those uses aren't that helpful in a permanent sense, the Poke Balls are more often than not, being the object that Dynamax because they do the only permanent thing with Dynamaxing: catching giant Pokemon.

Last edited:
It's possible to Dynamax anything in the world, not just Pokemon, but since most of those uses aren't that helpful in a permanent sense, the Poke Balls are more often than not, being the object that Dynamax because they do the only permanent thing with Dynamaxing: catching giant Pokemon.
Sure must save costs on the giant christmas tree during the holidays.

A headcanon I've always had that I think just gained some credibility with the upcoming release of the Leaf & Eevee Sync Pair...

Red, Blue, & Green are the nicknames of Ash, Gary, and Leaf respectively in the games universe. They were taken from the version names of the original games and used in the Pokemon Adventures manga. People still call them that as an inside joke, but everybody else uses their real name unlike the manga which continued that trend (i.e Ethan being named Gold, Brendan being named Ruby, and so on).

Ash (aka "Red") was cursed somehow in the games timeline, which prevents him from speaking. But he's still very passionate about battling, and is able to communicate telepathically with his Pokémon and others.

Leaf (aka "Green") knows Ash & Gary, and also began her journey at the same time as them, but since Ash/"Red" was the one to actually face & defeat Team Rocket and then become Champion, GameFreak decided to make his adventure into the first ever Pokemon game, and Leaf's journey just wasn't as interesting by comparison (so they added her in FRLG as a compromise and named it "Leaf Green" instead of something like "Ocean Blue"). She worked with Professor Oak to help him with filling in the Pokedex, while the boys both decided they'd rather try to become the Champion. And this is why she has that breakdown in the Let's Go games where she becomes obsessed with catching you & Mewtwo, because you literally just robbed her of her chance to finally become better known in the Pokemon community compared to the boys.

Back
Top Bottom