• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

They're also, you know, uber powerful guardians of nature so that's gotta count for something in the Legendary book.

I don't know to be honest. They're never really mentioned to be that. We just assume they are because they are classified as Legendaries.

They are definitely stronger than regular run of the mill Pokémon as far as that goes, but they're definitely a couple of steps below the 'actual' powerful nature guardians like Groudon, Kyogre, Lugia, Ho-Oh etc.

I generally think that no Legendary Pokémon is unique except for Mewtwo (and that's just because humans only ever created one; there is still a theoretical potential that more could be created if the means to do so were provided) and perhaps the Tapu. Everything else is fair game to me, although I also think that some Legendary Pokémon, like say the weather trio, don't exist in significant numbers anymore and the ones we encounter may be the only surviving specimen of their kind in the present day.

That being said... multiverse. Every universe is going to have its own set of Legendary Pokémon, and with transuniversal travel being a proven phenomenon, it would be easy enough to have duplicates fall into any one world through an Ultra Wormhole or something. Especially with Solgaleo and Lunala running around from world to world - they brought Ultra Beasts to Alola in the past, so who's to say other Pokémon haven't gotten dragged along with them from time to time?

I generally think that no Legendary Pokémon is unique except for Mewtwo (and that's just because humans only ever created one; there is still a theoretical potential that more could be created if the means to do so were provided) and perhaps the Tapu. Everything else is fair game to me, although I also think that some Legendary Pokémon, like say the weather trio, don't exist in significant numbers anymore and the ones we encounter may be the only surviving specimen of their kind in the present day.

That being said... multiverse. Every universe is going to have its own set of Legendary Pokémon, and with transuniversal travel being a proven phenomenon, it would be easy enough to have duplicates fall into any one world through an Ultra Wormhole or something. Especially with Solgaleo and Lunala running around from world to world - they brought Ultra Beasts to Alola in the past, so who's to say other Pokémon haven't gotten dragged along with them from time to time?
For some reason the first thing that popped into my head was Solgaleo bringing back a Giritina like a cat brings home a mouse.

Eh, there can't be multiple Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem in one universe unless all three of them are duplicated.

Eh, there can't be multiple Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem in one universe unless all three of them are duplicated.

There could, however, be multiples of the original dragon species, all with the potential to divide into those three. And my personal headcanon for a long time has been that the original dragon was actually a rather diminutive and youthful creature (kind of like a dragon equivalent of Kubfu, in hindsight), with the "split" actually being a complex kind of evolution.

There could, however, be multiples of the original dragon species, all with the potential to divide into those three. And my personal headcanon for a long time has been that the original dragon was actually a rather diminutive and youthful creature (kind of like a dragon equivalent of Kubfu, in hindsight), with the "split" actually being a complex kind of evolution.
There could be multiple Original Dragons, but my headcannon for the split isn't related to evolution at all but rather, it's instead related to the extreme split of the psyche that resulted in a physical split as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom