• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

There’s a blacklist of pokemon that can’t be used by trainers without a special license due to high threat level or specific husbandry requirements. This prevents things like trainers going bankrupt trying to feed a caught Snorlax or little Timmy borrowing his dad’s Hydreigon to battle his friend’s Patrat.

Galar is the most polluted region in the world because they have a renewable supply of coal in the form of Rolycoly and only stopped using it recently.

If you had a constantly renewable source of coal would you just ignore it? The thing is constantly dropping coal and so is its evolutions.

Wait, how does Galar get its power in the first place? Is it actually Rolycoly?

The same ways most other regions we’ve seen do, which are largely comparable to modern energy sources. I know Rose mentions several during the storyline of SwSh. There’s no reason to think Galar relies on any one energy source in particular.

I've been doing a lot of research on coal recently for reasons that actually are related to Rolycoly and I can think of so many practical and economic uses for them. Why mine for coal when you can instead catch a bunch of Rolycoly and have a renewable source of coal. And when they evolve you can set them free and have both a renewable coal source and an effective security force. Galar must have a huge coal industry both national and international.

Zygarde has a bit of a rivalry with Rayquaza, since stopping environmental calamities is supposed to be it’s job.

Phoebe is an Alonian: she looks like she is from a place like the Hawaii, and her clothing kinda reminds of me of traditional Hawaiian clothing (or at least what a quick google images search gives me). Her and Acerola also share the ability to commute with ghost-type pokemon (Acerola is the last alive descendant of an Alonan royal family). Though the fact that her grandfathers are guarding the orbs could throw a wrench in this Nevermind, we only know about her grandmother who is there, and she's dead (though she appears to be still roaming the earth as a spirit, most likely in the form of the child we see during Phoebe's introduction). The old couple are just randos. EDIT: also, you know those flower on her head? Well, after giving a look to the nectar plants in Moon, I can confidently say that her flowers are pink nectar ones: the color matches, as well as the shape (though they are much bigger and they're sligtly darker).

Necrozma is in fact, an Ultra Beast, though in SM it doesn't because he was kinda thrown in here, and in USUM we only fight him in his Ultra form, which is created from the power of the light of Solgaleo and Lunala, which are not considered to be Ultra Beasts, even though they are shown to be similar to them MULTIPLE times. I guess legendaries don't follow the same rules as other pokemon.

Pokeball don't do anything to influence the Pokemon captured, as they still have their free will, they become more obidient due to the fact that it is a simple way for the pokemon to understand that now it has a trainer, and depending on what happens next, they could either stick with the trainer or try to flee.

Legendaries, while they might not look like that, are actually just like any other pokemon, except for the power they hold in comparison to your average Ratata: I picture Yveltal being a bird, doing bird things; Xerneas having his horns stuck literally anywhere; Zamazenta and Zacian being big doggos; ecc. ecc.

Xerneas and Yveltal fighting is actually just them bickering like kids, and Zygarde has to make sure they don't end up hurting each other, like a big brother.

When you capture a legendary, unless it is confirmed that multiple of it exist, you are capturing THE legendary, no avatar shenanigans, you are actually able to capture the lords of time and space, aswell as Arceus. So yes, you can have Arceus, which is most likely the mot powerful pokemon that we currently known along with Eternatus (we'll get there), only spam Cut every time you fight, though he actually enjoys the simplicity of spamming the same move over and over. We can catch them in other games because they are released after a while.

Most, if not all, legendaries can speak, either trough actual speaking or telepathy.

Eternatus is an Ultra Beast: you can't tell me that something that looks like Necrozma's base form on Buzzwole brand steroids is only a normal Legendary. Also, while we are talking about Eternatus, let's go over him a bit more: he is Ghetis if he was a Pokémon, except sane, with an ego inflated like a Drifblim, and as powerful as Arceus. If he and Ghetis met Eternatus would be like: "sup, wanna stick togheter?" and if Ghetis accepted the offer Etenaus would have a maximum strenght Return, because he likes people like himself.

It really is interesting to consider the staggering amount of practitional diversity that must be involved in Pokémon medical care. Treating animal- and plant-based Pokémon is pretty easy to comprehend, as well as machine-based Pokémon, but what do you do for the likes of Porygon? Give it a virus scan? What about Ghost-type Pokémon? Is there a branch of medicine that concerns spiritual cleansing, because what does it even mean for, say, a Spiritomb to suffer an injury, when it's a gestalt of 108 spirits? Do Pokémon Centers also keep Mediums on staff for such cases? What about when someone strolls in with a wounded ancient deity that no human has laid eyes on for thousands of years? And I'd be particular concerned if I were an Ultra Beast... (Although perhaps the Aether Foundation has, in conjunction with the Ultra Recon Squad's knowledge, disseminated some helpful information about their biology.)
Porygon is effectively just a living crystal, similar to Carbink, which Silph Co. had somehow written code on it, so they are healed the same way as any other non-organic rock-based pokemon, with the exception of making sure that it's code is still functional and bug-free.

Ghosts work the same way as non-organic Pokémon.

Legendaries are most likely the easiest of all since they follow the same rules to the closest "type" of Pokemon: Xerneas, normal mammalian-like pokemon; Yveltal, just a Honchcrow on steroids; Arceus, organic Pokémon; Regigigas, non-organic; Necrozma, non-organic crystalline; Zacian and Zamazenta, literally wolves with an oversized knife and dog door; ecc. ecc.

Ultra Beasts work the same exact way as Legendaries, except they're not deities.

Last edited:
When you capture a legendary, unless it is confirmed that multiple of it exist, you are capturing THE legendary, no avatar shenanigans, you are actually able to capture the lords of time and space, aswell as Arceus. So yes, you can have Arceus, which is most likely the mot powerful pokemon that we currently known along with Eternatus (we'll get there), only spam Cut every time you fight, though he actually enjoys the simplicity of spamming the same move over and over. We can catch them in other games because they are released after a while.
Yes! This is one of the best headcanons I have seen regarding legendary Pokemon!

Eternatus is an Ultra Beast: you can't tell me that something that looks like Necrozma's base form on Buzzwole brand steroids is only a normal Legendary. Also, while we are talking about Eternatus, let's go over him a bit more: he is Ghetis if he was a Pokémon, except sane, with an ego inflated like a Drifblim, and as powerful as Arceus. If he and Ghetis met Eternatus would be like: "sup, wanna stick togheter?" and if Ghetis accepted the offer Etenaus would have a maximum strenght Return, because he likes people like himself.
Interesting! Based on that design, it could work... but then the UBs are supposed to have prime numbers in their base stats, and the poison dragon thing does have some stat numbers that can be divisible...

@KirbyBulba737 I thought Solgaleo and Lunala WERE Ultra Beasts, but they called them legendaries for marketing purposes. I'll never understand why Silvally is called a legendary, though.
It's called a legendary because he can change type exactly like Arceus, so I guess that at least from a lore perspective he's a legendary. ANd you can also only get 1 per game legitimately.

Back
Top Bottom