• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your game headcanons?

Sonia's Yamper is actually not a Pokémon who battles, her Yamper is a emotional support Pokémon or other assist Pokémon who is allowed to be used outside of the six-Pokémon limit but Sonia keeps her travel Pokémon she had since her Gym Challenge at her grandmother's house.

Also for Sonia, she still wears her Dynamax Band but it's customized now so she could hide it from the general view (this green and black band she wears of her right arm, the same arm you wear the Band on). She keeps it as she does look back on her Gym Challenge fondly even if she did quit after Opal's Gym and customized it to hide she ever did the Challenge and the stigma of being in the challenge and Magnolia's granddaughter on the down low.

Before Fairy-typing was discovered, Opal was a Normal-Type Gym Leader and used Gigantamax Snorlax before requesting to change types.

Elesa and Nessa know each other because of their modeling careers.

Nessa caught the Milotic from her Twilight Wings episode after the events of said episode.

Marlon and Diantha were removed from their positions of Gym Leader after BW2 and Champion after XY after their lackluster and or lack of response to their respective crisis (Team Neo Plasma & Team Flare respectively). Hugh reported the former but felt guilty afterwards, not expecting him to be removed.

A version of LGPE exists in-universe, I like to imagine Blue vocally dislikes Trace a lot.

Leaf was actually in Alola at the same time as Red and Blue, she just found the Battle Tree boring and went to do something else.

Emma from XY becomes a Gym Leader in the future with a superhero theme.

Gigantamax Snorlax before requesting to change types
I mean… it’s your head cannon so anything goes. But I don’t really see Opal using non-Pink Pokémon as her signature G-Max. I think she’d still maintain the “all Pink” philosophy because it seems like a deeply rooted part of her.

I mean… it’s your head cannon so anything goes. But I don’t really see Opal using non-Pink Pokémon as her signature G-Max. I think she’d still maintain the “all Pink” philosophy because it seems like a deeply rooted part of her.
Well, most of her team besides her G-Max isn't even Pink (plus her real favorite color is purple) which is Galarian Weezing, Mawile and Togekiss. I also figure she always had a secondary theme of dollhouses which G-Max Snorlax could fit into with their forest belly.

That of course raises the question: why does she need an assist/support Pokemon?
I mean, it's kinda obvious with her emotional problems. Plus I headcanon this cause it seems Yamper has been with her since the Gym Challenge but never evolved which is weird in the games canon, so her Yamper must've had a different role besides helping guide the clueless Leon around.

Yamper is Leon's guide dog! It all makes sense now!

Jokes aside, this conversation made me want to write about a service Pokémon.

Meowth that posses the Gigantamax Factor used to be reserved for Galar's royalty, and even to this day they're typically almost exclusively found under the command of trainers of high social status.

The reason for this is that only the Kantonian variant of the Meowth species can have the Gigantamax factor, which combined with Power Spots only being accessible in Galar effectively means that Gigantamax Meowth logically must be the rarest Gigantamax form in-universe. Or maybe second-rarest, depending on Urshifu's status.

Castelia City is basically Unova's Manhattan and it's well known for things like its giant Christmas/Christmas Equivalent tree and the giant Ball Drop on New Year's Eve.

Pokemon can learn more than four moves but League rules (and general courtesy) mandate that you can only use a set four in a standard battle.
(Legends: Arceus spoilers ahead) Looks like LA might support my theory as, while I'd not sure yet, it looks like Pokemon can learn more than four moves but can only use four in battle, as there is a menu that seems to be dedicated specifically to swapping moves around.

Game Lillie shares Anime Lillie's fear of touching Pokemon.

The Rotom Phone can talk we just never see it because Game Freak at the very least took our complaints about Rotom Dex seriously.

Beni is an ancestor of Koga (probably not a direct ancestor, maybe a distant uncle or something) and both learned the same style of ninjutsu.

Research tasks were eventually abandoned by the time modern Pokedexes were being created because Pokemon knowledge became very common.

The Protags of Legends Arceus can communicate with Pokemon. I say this because if you click the speak button after releasing your Pokemon and then don't perform any other inputs then they appear to have a conversation with the Pokemon. That or they're just saying "Who's a cute little murder machine. You are. Yes, you are."

Well, guess my theory about Galarian Weezing being recent is false since it shows up in the Architecture of the Galaxy Hall in Legends Arceus.

Whoever had the headcanon that Arceus was only a splinter of a larger deity... you are correct.

The Arceus seen in the intro can just regenerate any pieces that it splinters off, thus becoming whole again, explaining why it has no qualms giving a piece of itself to the player character.

Gazing upon Arceus' true form would drive you mad.

After hearing rumors about the Ultra Beasts an author wrote books about Eldritch beings that drove people mad, spawning a brand new horror genre. These books also contained a lot of racism. Following the Aether Incident (the events of SM and/or USUM) the genre these books inspired saw a resurgence in popularity.

Welp, now that we have a Spain region (name pending) I will be theorizing that's where Hop and Leon, or at the very least, their ancestors, are from. That or some place this region colonized. Again, I am basing this on their themes containing what sounds like flamenco music to my untrained ear and flamenco music coming from Spain.

And yes, I know there's a possibility they're descended from Professor Laventon who is all but stated to be from Galar but I honestly don't see it.

Back
Top Bottom