• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your hidden talents?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
And by "hidden talent", what I mean is a skill/hobby/ability that most people don't know you have... or maybe just wouldn't expect from you! I think it's fun to share these since the results can be pretty surprising, even with people you know well.

For example, I think I have a pretty good grasp on sewing and embroidery, but I hardly ever do it anymore so I don't really bring it up at all. When I do tell people about it, I always get such a bewildered "really???" kind of response, lol.

Well, if I have any talents at all, they're hidden to me as well. Lol

Okay, well, I do kinda have a talent for academic writing. Not sure what that's practical for and it stresses me out to write papers, anyway. I'm not sure anyone would be completely surprised I am talented at it either. Is it the kind of talent that would even surprise someone?

I can't think of any other talents I have... Perhaps I have a minor talent for graphic design, and I certainly have a talent for typing. Don't know much else.

I kind of have a talent for remembering trivial facts and bits of knowledge, which comes in handy for pub quizzes and other sorts of games that involve a wide variety of knowledge. This is because my (otherwise ADHD-riddled) brain is like a sponge and I unconsciously tend to store a lot of small facts and trivia bits I heard, read or came across throughout my life, even on topics I may not know a whole lot about on a broader level. I guess it's kind of similar to the movie Slumdog Millionaire, where Dev Patel's character manages to win a quiz by remembering bits of knowledge he picked up on throughout his life.

I think it tends to surprise people because I generally don't present myself as a super knowledgeable or academic person, but sometimes I will blurt out these kind of facts in relevant discussions or quizzes.

I don't have a lot of other talents unfortunately, at least none that I know. Maybe they're hidden even to me :wynaut:

I kind of have a talent for remembering trivial facts and bits of knowledge, which comes in handy for pub quizzes and other sorts of games that involve a wide variety of knowledge. This is because my (otherwise ADHD-riddled) brain is like a sponge and I unconsciously tend to store a lot of small facts and trivia bits I heard, read or came across throughout my life, even on topics I may not know a whole lot about on a broader level. I guess it's kind of similar to the movie Slumdog Millionaire, where Dev Patel's character manages to win a quiz by remembering bits of knowledge he picked up on throughout his life.

I think it tends to surprise people because I generally don't present myself as a super knowledgeable or academic person, but sometimes I will blurt out these kind of facts in relevant discussions or quizzes.

I don't have a lot of other talents unfortunately, at least none that I know. Maybe they're hidden even to me :wynaut:
I can relate to all that so much. I never got ADHD actually diagnosed, and would rather not self-diagnose (besides I think I have much more anxiety issues past that), but so many symptoms and experiences of people who have it are very close to what I experience.

In general I feel too much of a "jack of all trades but master of none" person which also makes it hard to find a fulfilling job to be passionate over. So finding a specific talent is hard, although I have been called "ahead of the curve" and "overachiever" in many different math/exact sciences and life coaching/psychology things. But I get too distracted to make substantial progress in any of that.

Last edited:
I can relate to all that so much. I never got ADHD actually diagnosed, and would rather not self-diagnose (because I think I have some more anxiety issues past just that), but so many symptoms and experiences of people who have it are very close to what I experience.

In general I feel too much of a "jack of all trades but master of none" person which also makes it hard to find a fulfilling job to be passionate over. So finding a specific talent is hard, although I have been called "ahead of the curve" and "overachiever" in many different math/exact sciences and life coaching/psychology things. But I get too distancted to make substantial progress in any of that.
Yeah, I relate to this very much as well. It was very hard to find a studies I felt I "fit" in when I went to college, and I don't think I succeeded very much in the end... Sometimes I do wish I had more of a singular talent, like something that really defines me in a way and something I really excel in. But then I remind myself that having a broad interest in all sorts of things and a broad amount of knowledge can be nice too, even if it's unfocused and not of much practical use. And as corny as it may sound, learning to be happy with your own unique talentless self is a bit of a talent in itself. But even then, we're still both young and for some people it took them decades to finally find their one true talent, so you should never give up that hope that you will one day find it.

I enjoy doing cartwheels. I've been doing cartwheels ever since I was like, 9 years old. (I taught myself how to do a cartwheel lol.) Whenever I'm in large areas (ex: my basement), I would do several cartwheels in one sitting. Despite being able to do cartwheels, I'm not really athletic (ironic, I know). I also didn't do cartwheels very often when I was in gym class because I would be too busy doing warm-ups or playing sports, but I would occasionally bust a cartwheel or two. (I never joined any sports teams back in high school, but I did play a couple of sports in gym class. We even got to lift some weights.)

i don't know what talents of ine are hidden, beause whenever i do something i find cool i tell people about it... i guess baking? whenever i'm really bored and there's no food in the house i often just bake cookies or brownies or something. i wanna bake a cake but that would mean that i have to get icing. i'm also really good at singing, i guess if i joined a choir i would be a tenor. a lot of my friends have told me to join the school chorus but i haven't because i hate performing in front of crowds.

That one's easy : either Hustle or Oblivious !

I'm good at spatial sighting, as in I'm capable of locating something on a map and visualize what path I can take to get there without much trouble.

I guess there's my artistic abilities, from my drawing and crafting jewellery and accessories with polymer clay. Ever since I got back into cosplaying, I've developed a real knack for sewing. I also know a very great deal about animals, which helps if the topic comes up in a pub quiz.

Last edited:
According to my friends, I'm apparently really good at comedic timing and I have a knack for making people laugh a bunch

Back
Top Bottom